BlahBlahCafe
The Zoolook Forum

Introduce Yourself - Jean-Baptiste aka jeanbatman

jeanbatman - Thu May 17, 2007 9:53 pm
Post subject: Jean-Baptiste aka jeanbatman
Hi, my name is Jean-Baptiste, I’m 30, french and live in suburbs of Paris.

Don’t blame me on my poor English, I’ll try to make for it in few, simple words. :oops:

:arrow: I discovered Jarre in 1987 with excerpts of “The essential”, and since then, Jarre has never really left my mind nor my disc players. Nowadays, I got “The essential” of his work : a bunch whole of his discs.
I first felt strong interest in his works back in 1988, with album Revolutions, for which he was host of a French teen TV show (so did Dave Stewart from Eurythmics), and what impressed me so much at that time was his engineering skill and the novelty of instruments he had brought to his albums.

:arrow: Listening to earlier albums made me realize what a brilliant composer he was, especially Equinoxe, Oxygène, my two vinyl delights, which I enjoy very much, though they travelled a lot and are a bit exhausted by now ! :?
Jarre’s two first albums fill my soul with peaceful images, and is a direct link to landscapes I love or moments of the day. Each sound carries a special purpose, as actors getting up on stage or colorful brush strokes on an abstract painting. Of course, I managed to purchase all of his albums (except the Docklands misadventure). I even caught some of his Tunes from radio on audio tapes.
En attendant Cousteau and even more Chronologie gave me will to compose my own music, in a Vangelis (a clever melodist) way, that is, without studying music theory. But the MIDI results were not at the stake I was dreaming. I now know better that composing music is a great matter. :pwned:

:arrow: My true favorites are Ethnicolor part 1 (a true masterpiece)and Oxygène 2. My favorite album is Equinoxe. Besides Jarre, I’m keen on Vangelis (Albedo, Spiral, Blade Runner and L’Apocalypse des Animaux) most of Mike Oldfield, some works of Klaus Schulze (X, Mirage and Timewind), debuts from Deep Forest, Kraftwerk’s Man machine, Trans Europe Express and Minimum maximum, Tangerine Dream’s Stratofear, Laurent Garnier’s Unreasonable Behaviour. I also enjoy prog’ rock along with Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Kate Bush, Yes, Supertramp’s Crime of the century, Pink Floyd’s Wish you were and Dark side…, Camel, Dead can dance, Spock’s beard, Radiohead’s Kid A and OK Computer, Goldfrapp’s Felt Mountain, Led Zeppelin, Porcupine Tree, Frenchmen Patrick Rondat, Air, Magma, Alain Bashung and... others I forget.

:arrow: My other interest are drawing, philosophy and documentaries.

:arrow: I love Jarre’s music so much for making me listen to so much more things, from classic piano recitals to art-rock, from opera to concrete music and from latino to good techno. I got the continuous pleasure to listen over and over his wonderful albums and find a true emotion to it all. I look forward to each new record with greatest interest.
France can honor itself that one of its artists brings the most spectacular shows and life-lasting albums to large audiences. He revealed or confirmed so much talented sidemen and women, singers, musicians. It is inspiration for millions of people and synonymous with intelligence and universality.
Thanks Jean Michel. Long live Jarre !

Finaero - Thu May 17, 2007 9:55 pm

Greetings and welcome! 8)

Great to see another one with Ethnicolor as a definite favorite ;)

GeeJee - Thu May 17, 2007 9:56 pm

Thanks for your introduction! I think your english is just fine ;)

Welcome in here! I hope you enjoy your time on this board!

Jarp2600 - Thu May 17, 2007 10:05 pm

Welcome here! :D
Jakob BC - Thu May 17, 2007 10:13 pm

Welcome to the forum! :D
jp8000 - Thu May 17, 2007 10:17 pm

hello
poipoi - Thu May 17, 2007 10:26 pm

Hello :D :welcome: Btw, nice avatar ;)
Big time - Thu May 17, 2007 10:42 pm

Wow wow wow!!! What an introduction!!! :D :D

Welcome to this forum!! The best Jarre-site EVER!! :D

And your english is just fine!!! :D

WELCOME!!!

:D

CLUBMIX - Thu May 17, 2007 11:08 pm

Grietingz Earthling

some statements:
1) welcome here and have fönn (at least, we all do)
2) WOW! what an introduction (didn't another one already say that? At least I am not running out of ideas)
3) Your post looks like a Jarre-ish laser-light-show (ever seen in Amerrricah), I love it
4) why are people who talk perfect English always fear they're not understandable? perfect language, châpeau!

jeanbatman - Fri May 18, 2007 1:09 am

Thank you all for your dear greetings ! I appreciate it very much. English test being complete, i'll write down directly this time with no spell checker.

CLUBMIX wrote:

(...)
3) Your post looks like a Jarre-ish laser-light-show (ever seen in Amerrricah), I love it [url=http://img154.images...iemc2.jpg]Image[/URL]

Glad you enjoyed it. Maybe I'll spend less time putting color in my future messages, if that's what you're referring to. :D

See you.
-- Kids get off my car ! --

Big time - Fri May 18, 2007 8:30 am

No no no!! We like colors!! :D Don´t we? :shock:

At least I do!!! :D :D

:smoke:

CLUBMIX - Fri May 18, 2007 10:02 am

jeanbatman wrote:
Thank you all for your dear greetings ! I appreciate it very much. English test being complete, i'll write down directly this time with no spell checker.

CLUBMIX wrote:

(...)
3) Your post looks like a Jarre-ish laser-light-show (ever seen in Amerrricah), I love it [url=http://img154.images...iemc2.jpg]Image[/URL]

Glad you enjoyed it. Maybe I'll spend less time putting color in my future messages, if that's what you're referring to. :D

See you.
-- Kids get off my car ! --

I was in fact referring to that. But not because it was annoying in any way. It only showed me how colours can lift up a message.

PS: love your signature....

AnDrOiD - Fri May 18, 2007 10:04 am

Welcome! :D
Kanta - Fri May 18, 2007 10:31 am

Hi Jean-Baptiste. :welcome:
Your intro was lovely to read. :D

Dark Shrimp - Fri May 18, 2007 11:31 am

Welcome in this forum JeanBatman ! :D
Velodynamic - Fri May 18, 2007 1:55 pm

Welcome J-B! I think you're in good hands. 8)
Nico_Noyau - Fri May 18, 2007 4:36 pm

Welcome here JB, have fun here, and if you have problems with english language (I really don't think you have :P ) you can post in french and then I translate ;)
CLUBMIX - Fri May 18, 2007 6:19 pm

oui, moi aussi (je m'appelle Baguette)
Nico_Noyau - Fri May 18, 2007 7:09 pm

WTF ? :pwned:
CLUBMIX - Fri May 18, 2007 8:41 pm

back 0n+0p|( :nod:
rob9382 - Sat May 19, 2007 10:12 pm

Hello and Welcome :D
StudioF - Sun May 20, 2007 11:55 am

Welcome

Studio F

jeanbatman - Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:04 pm

I had quite fun making my own promo for Oxygène live in your living room... I hope you'll enjoy it !

Jakob BC - Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:09 pm

Haha did you make that? Nice done :lol:
Firecobra22 - Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:10 pm

whahahaaaa. That's a good one. Very good. :fine:
mathetes1963 - Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:28 pm

:loool: Hilarious!
AnDrOiD - Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:09 pm

Awesome!!! :nod: :bravo:
Kanta - Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:42 pm

Excellent.
Velodynamic - Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:57 pm

:muahaha: :rofl:

@ that picture.

GeeJee - Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:10 am

:rofl:

Love it

:rofl:

jeanbatman - Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:27 am

I've done a short piece of music/video to promote Jarre in-doors wich I posted on Youtube. Enjoy !
Kanta - Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:32 pm

Very nicely done. 8)
jeanbatman - Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:34 pm

Kanta wrote:
Very nicely done. 8)

Thank you Kanta :wink: !

Kanta - Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:26 pm

You're welcome. :D JMJ would be proud how fans are doing some publicity on his behalf. :wink2:
jeanbatman - Sun May 17, 2009 4:47 pm

I've finished my first wallpaper of the Tour.

Note (1) : I realised I didn't do any for Oxygène Tour, but that's of course because there was no laser harp in it. :pwned:
Note (2) : I will be doing one with the crew musicians as well.

AnDrOiD - Sun May 17, 2009 5:34 pm

You've made Kanta a very happy little bunny! :P :nod:
Kanta - Sun May 17, 2009 8:02 pm

That is so very much true. :nod:

Absolutely a piece of first-class wallpaper art, jeanbatman. 8)

Robi - Mon May 18, 2009 7:40 am

Very nice! :wink:
Velodynamic - Wed May 27, 2009 11:44 pm

Could have been suitable as a DVD cover imo. :) :wink: 8)
jeanbatman - Sat May 30, 2009 3:46 am

Here's my second wallpaper (in case the first one you're bored of :) ) Enjoy !

Thanks to Alexis for the photos from Brussels.

Jon - Sat May 30, 2009 10:22 am

Excellant work :D
jp8000 - Sat May 30, 2009 11:27 am

Well done wallpaper
Kanta - Sat May 30, 2009 12:13 pm

:bravo: :D
jeanbatman - Sun May 31, 2009 1:32 pm

Another wallpaper :

I love Jarres' synthmates on this one. Thanks for the oustanding photos from c.geff in Zürich.

Jon - Sun May 31, 2009 7:12 pm

I really like that one. A nice use of colours :bravo:
Kanta - Sun May 31, 2009 7:17 pm

That one is very attractive. :nod: 8)
GeeJee - Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:45 am

Last one is the best so far. Don't use too many pictures at once..! ;)
jeanbatman - Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:37 am

I'll do a more simple one especially for you, Gee jee. Still loads of pictures for this one ! :)

Thanks for the photographs : Carl Purkins, Dragonchild, Kanta, Michael, Claude Samard.

funkycowgirl - Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Very nice! I prefer the one before this one but this last one is also very beautiful. great work!
mathetes1963 - Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:14 pm

I wouldn't mind that on my own desktop... you have a full-res version you can share, Jean-Baptiste? :D
jeanbatman - Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:00 am

mathetes1963 wrote:
I wouldn't mind that on my own desktop... you have a full-res version you can share, Jean-Baptiste? :D

Well, I will disapoint you, but I'm working on these wallpapers on the actual scale and actual resolution I'm providing you. :oops: You will have to paste the four of them together to get a bigger image ;) Sorry !

Kanta - Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:04 pm

jeanbatman wrote:
I'll do a more simple one especially for you, Gee jee. Still loads of pictures for this one ! :)
[url=http://jeanmicheljar...nette.jpg]Image[/URL]
Thanks for the photographs : Carl Purkins, Dragonchild, Kanta, Michael, Claude Samard.

And thanx you for making it. :D It is really THE best. :bravo: And, I am not saying cause I or my sister are part of the photograph takers. :fine:

GeeJee - Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:14 am

jeanbatman wrote:

Thanks bud!
I feel flattered! :mrgreen:

I like this one too. 8)

jeanbatman - Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:25 am
Post subject: My new "Jarre fan" website
Pre-launch announcement: I am currently building on an english website entirely dedicated to Jean Michel Jarre. I started it friday and am proud to show it to Zoolook.nl members in avant-premiere. It is entitled:

Jarre fan
: "Introducing one the greatest composers and showmen of modern era".
It will be a compilation of my personal thoughts on Jarre's work, and not a cut/paste act. Everything will be written by myself.

I am currently working on concerts and live album reviews. When the main bio, albums, live albums concerts features will be OK, I will add new contents (instruments, collaborators) and more graphic design to it.

Why did I make this website? Because I want more and more people learning about him. The more Jarre websites, the more chances people may grow interest to him. There is no contest to other sites.

Tell me what you think about it. I need some quotes from Jean Michel to make it richer. If anyone can accept to help me... :wink:
Kanta - Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:32 am

An excellent idea. 8)

As for regards to quotes:

Jean-Michel Jarre - "A chic type, a rough type, an odd type - but never a stereotype."

Source.

Jean Michel Jarre - "The world has too many shadows, that deserve to meet, one day, an educated master... so let's help them."

Source.

:fine:

jeanbatman - Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:19 am
Post subject: Fan interviews
I want to do fan interviews for my JMJarre fan website.

Here's the kind of questions you'll have to go through...

> Express your feelings for Jean Michel's works.
    > What's your favorite Jarre piece of music (and why).
    > What's the strongest picture (concerts, autographs, album cover, private life) of Jarre's carreer you could share with us?
    (This will be the basis of a "wall of images" to decorate my pages)
    > If you could make one wish true regarding Jean Michel, what could it be?
    > Tell me what else music do you listen to (if you do so :mrgreen: ).
    > Bonus track (possibly): Do you make music yourself?

If you are interested in doing the interview in this way for Jarre fan with me, please PM me ONCE with your answers. I will then then kindly respond to you.

Anyone who PMs me TWICE will not be interviewed (I don't want to be flooded :evil: ).

I think this will be exciting.
End of the inscriptions is end of year 2009. I will not respond after that period.

Kanta - Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:20 pm
Post subject: Re: Fan interviews
I agree, this will be exciting. 8)

jeanbatman wrote:
> If you could make one wish true regarding Jean Michel, what could it be?

:oops:

AnDrOiD - Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:02 pm

Why is it embarrassing to wish for a new studio album? :punch:
Kanta - Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Absolutely nothing. :p: But I did not wish for that. :punch:
GeeJee - Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:51 pm

dirty girls everywhere. :|
Kanta - Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:36 am

I might not be referring to that. :wink2:
GeeJee - Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:59 am

Kanta wrote:

in dutch we say:

make that the cat wise :wtf2:

Kanta - Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:58 pm

GeeJee wrote:
Kanta wrote:

in dutch we say:

And in this case it will be, "Make that the Kanta wise." :cheer:

GeeJee - Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:33 pm

Kanta wrote:
GeeJee wrote:
Kanta wrote:

in dutch we say:

And in this case it will be, "Make that the Kanta wise." :cheer:

Not really.

It would be "make that everybody except kanta believe.." :punch:

Kanta - Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:34 pm

Okay but the truth maybe available when I send my answers for the interview. :mrgreen:
jeanbatman - Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:26 am

There's now a Facebook account on behalf of Aerozone which name is First name: jeanbatman and last name: JMJarre I hope we make friends there, too!
Kanta - Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:15 am

Yep, I will connect very very soon. 8)
AnDrOiD - Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:10 pm

Many accounts are fake, my little informant bird told me. :P :robertdugenou:
Kanta - Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:18 am

How does your "little informant bird" know? :punch:
AnDrOiD - Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:30 am

He's a little oracle too. :punch:
Kanta - Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:31 pm

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/oracle :o :punch:
AnDrOiD - Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:37 pm

C. A little bird who knows almost everything. :punch:
Kanta - Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:24 pm

How come the little bird tells you? :punch:

Anyway, some of my friends are real including Jean-Baptiste. 8)

jeanbatman - Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:14 am

Things regarding Jarrexpo are getting very very exciting :P
I can't say more at the moment.

Don't forget if you got a Facebook account to suscribe to the Jarrexpo Facebook group to give us (The staff of the exhibition) your opinion on what whe should do in order to make this day in Paris absolutely unforgettable. And it will be so!

I will translate French things all time long.

Kanta - Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:42 am

I read it is in winter 2010 and I don't think I will be able to attend. :(
jeanbatman - Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:14 pm
Post subject: Interview questions
If you don't mind, folks, answering my fan interview questions*:

1- Under which circumstances did you discover Jarre?
2- When since do you consider yourself as a fan?
3- What are your three favorite albums?
4- Do you collect Jarre items and if so, which kind (discs, merchandising,...) ?
5- Did you ever want to make your own music?
6- Did Jarre ever change your sight on things outside music like architecture, photograph, environment, painting?
7- Do you speak about Jarre to your fellow mates of family and what are the most usual reactions?
8- What do you search by being on Jarre forums?
9- Has there been a moment when you wanted to drop it all?
10- If you had to describe Jarre to a person that does not know Jarre at all, what would you tell him first?
11- If you could meet Jarre one-to-one for five minutes, what would you tell him?
12- What other artists (electronic artists) do please you?
13- What is, in your opinion, the greatest concert of Jean Michel? And why?

Greets!

* This is for my Jarrefan page I get very little time to fulfill with my three other websites.

lahavana - Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:01 am

The discovery wasn't actually my own - the first listening of Oxygene (or maybe Equinoxe, I cannot know for sure) happened when I was only a few days old, since my folks used the old Unitra reel-to-reel to soothe me into sleep.

I think that there are 2 stages of being a fan: 1. the stage when you are not as much interested in the person but the music and you keep listening and listening, sometimes without even knowing if the composer is male or female (in the case of a more ambiguous name...). this is the stage when you simply live the music, you interpret it in your own way, it is, more or less, "yours" (one might say, a more passive stage); 2. the stage when you've pretty much "consumed" the music and you go deeper - discover the mind behind the music and try to guess the way that music was intended/created/thought out (a more active stage). So, having in mind these 2 stages (which are usually very much age-related, as well, and also, depend on how many years you've spent dwelling on the artist's music) I think I've been a fan in stage 1 (not counting the early years, when I was simply a child responding to nice music) since around 1991 or 1992, when the La Defense concert was aired on Romanian TV. That's the time when I actually got to hear new music of JMJ (I had only listened to Oxygene and Equinoxe until then) and I judged for myself (or rather felt) whether I like it or not. And then, for stage 2 - last year, 2008, when JMJ suddenly "popped out" in the Romanian media and I got the bright idea to start looking for news on the internet. There had been 0 news about him in RO since 2000 and his Giza concert, so I simply lingered in a passive "stage 1" attitude.

Oxygene, Equinoxe and Metamorphoses.

4- Do you collect Jarre items and if so, which kind (discs, merchandising,...) ?

I suppose I collect media :) interviews, pictures, articles, videos - anything I can find.

No, never. I am not musically inclined.

6- Did Jarre ever change your sight on things outside music like architecture, photograph, environment, painting?

Yes, actually in architecture - I took a Scenography class and the final project asked us to "design" a concert (sets, coregraphy, costumes, images, anything we thought appropriate) for a musical artist of our choice and preference. I chose JMJ, of course, and during the first stage of the project, I studied his concerts closely from a visual point of view and I must say I've learned quite a lot.

7- Do you speak about Jarre to your fellow mates of family and what are the most usual reactions?

My family - the highest degree of complicity on the subject was between me and my father. Mother simply enjoys the music (stage 1 fan ;) ). Friends? None of my close friends have any real liking for his kind of music, but he is known to them, just not their cup of tea. I have made some new acquaintances lately (through the official forum), who share the same liking for their music, and they all have similar stories to mine - having been introduced to his Oxygene at an early age and then growing into liking his music in general when they got old enough to pass judgement.

On a subconscious level, perhaps trying to be closer to the mastermind behind the music? - I am a member of only one other musician's forum (a band), and they are my "other great love" as a friend so nicely put it - perhaps these two names I hold (personally) as the best in my musical preferences, so there :) Of course, forums are great to keep updated in a nice and quite human way - by word passed from one human to another :)

There is nothing exactly to drop - perhaps the situation will change now, just as my JMJ fandom has acquired brand new responsibilities - the Romanian site and forum we've started. However, I think not, because (at least with me), such things are like friends - I never forget/drop/throw away something that I like/liked. Might become less active about administrative things on the forum and site in the distant future, might even pass the job on to someone else, but everything else still remains. It's like I might quit my job in an architecture studio, but that doesn't change the fact that I am an architect and that's what I do - that's my craft and trade.

10- If you had to describe Jarre to a person that does not know Jarre at all, what would you tell him first?

Well, to a Romanian (someone around my age): "French, electronic music, Oxygene, the concert in 91 with the big skeleton"
To a younger Romanian: "Here, watch/listen to this - that's Jarre - he's invented music a little, you know?"
To anybody else: "French, electronic music, Oxygene, go listen"
... And of course, would direct them to our site ;)

11- If you could meet Jarre one-to-one for five minutes, what would you tell him?

I've long given up on preparing the "5-minute-speech", merely because I'd probably load it with too much, take too long to say it and end up not saying the really important things. Therefore, I shall simply speak whatever I feel is important at that moment - hopefully, that's the right thing to do :)

Strictly speaking of electronic artists... well, in order of preference: Depeche Mode, Daft Punk, and a bit of Kraftwerk (more out of nostalgia - de gustibus). Also, Vangelis - and I've set him apart because, from my point of view, he's in a separate category in itself (just like JMJ, actually, tho they are generally viewed and referred to as electronic music artists), a separate category in both the music he creates and my level of preference.

That is indeed very hard to tell, because there are so many factors. Some concerts were simply HUGE, others were plain beautiful, some had a very strong emotional charge, others had a big significance, and some were musically flawless, other were innovations in terms of lighting and surround... so you see, very hard to choose, so I will name the one that holds most importance to myself - Debrecen, Hungary, May 2009.

Hope these will help you and please forgive my talkativeness - I simply enjoy talking about this subject very much :)

Jon - Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:36 pm

It began in 1977 when I was looking for something in my attic. I tripped over something hiding in the corner and when I looked, it was JMJ. I said "hello, what you doing up here?" and he replied something in French which I could not understand because at this point I had not started to learn French at school.

I considered myself a fan in the summer of 1997. Our electric rotary fan broke down at night and the shops were closed so I couldn't go out a buy a new one. So I picked up booklet and started waving it up & down to create air.

:wink:

Kanta - Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:05 pm

Your answers are really quite funny, Jon. :punch:

Very interesting answers, Iulia. 8)

My answers are sent to you, Jean-Baptiste. :D

jeanbatman - Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:46 pm

I love all your answers... And that gave my the will to auto-interview myself :

My parents had bought "The essential Jarre" and "Cities in Concert" audiotape. The effect on my 10-year old self was tremendous. Atmospheric synths, tasty backing effects and sharp and catchy melodies, it was pure enjoyment. They used to play the music in summer, on holiday breaks, inside our motorhome when I was living in Raleigh, North Carolina and travelled to Grand Canyon and Yellowstone Park.
The music of Jarre is associated with these beautiful landscapes forever in my spirit and my mind. When I went back to France, I discovered Equinoxe which I "stole" from my older brother who was playing synth himself. As far as I can remember, I think my bare emotion listening all alone to a Jarre tune is modern waltz Equinoxe 3. I shut off the lights, wear a cheap headphone on, and basically "flyed away" from whatever reality could be. But at that time, I did not know who Jarre was exactly and didn't care.

In 1993, when I got my first bank account and credit card, the first thing I bought was Chronologie. I can recall myself wating for the opening of the "Virgin megastore" underneath the pyramid du Louvre to buy my precious item. Back then, I listened to the album until the tape got worn out. I bought some of Jarre's album twice and made copies of the rest of it all, so that I could prevent from erasure to some extend. I also did new visuals for the album for each and every album. My family often teased me on naming me "Jarre's greatest fan". That annoyed me on the long run.
I missed the Eiffel Tower concert in 1995, but got to see it on TV. In 1997, I did a presentation in front my graphic design classroom speaking of Jarre's music with extreme passion. Stepping back in time, I think I really was a hardcore fan (none of Jarre would do could be criticized) in that year 1997.
Then I began to gain interest in other artists, like Peter Gabriel and the prog bands (ELP, Vermillion, Yes, Gentle Giant, Genesis, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Magma, Van der Graaf Generator, Heldon, Camel, Triumvirat and so on), and lost contact with Jarre for a few time. When Aero came out, I was thrilled again. In 2006, I finally decided to launch my own website to give details on every aspect of his work. In 2007, I came friend with Christophe, who knows Jarre very well, and I got furthermore involved in Aerozone, the french fan-club. I spend lots of time chatting with Jarre fans in France and now I think I am a slightly "cleverer" fan by listening to other fans.

Equinoxe, Chronologie, Oxygène.

Well, despite what I wrote about my 1993-95 frenetic period, I never considered myself as a fetish. I did not run in the bigger-than-life poster, rare records or what so ever. Plus I never collected magazines or interviews, even though I never missed watching a TV show with Jean Michel troughout the nineties. I lacked interest into collecting items, barely because I already collected enough stuff when I studied arts in Paris.

Well, I got a little program I played with for quite a while, but you can't call that making music. I think music is something else or maybe "more" than "playing" with a computer. I layered my MIDI program to up to 30 tracks at the same time, but that ended up to being far too repetitive, even on a two minute length. I did short music for some video games (on of which was published in France), but that was just for fun. I have awful sense of rythm, so I couldn't play the piano good enough to pursue music. So I pulled off from music.

Well, I think Jarre albums' cover are something that are very recurrent in my pratice of graphic design. For instance, I did paintings while listening to Jarre's music. One of the things I dream most of is to meet Michel Granger and to show him the artwork his paintings inspired me. My theory is that part of Jarre is what others make of Jarre's music and with which degree of intensity. For instance, I couldn't make a graphic design out of Vangelis' music because lots of images already exist out of the motion pictures (Ridley Scott and co.).

Well, I talk about Jarre around myself, but as you may know, Jarre has a pretty bad image in the trendy Paris I am accustomed to frequent.There's nothing more exciting than to change the prejudices around his work, and to avoid slipping on his private life. French people think Isabelle Adjani's love affair with JM had much bad impact on his image. French medias don't care for Jarre or dislike him beacause of the mass hits of his outdoor concerts.
There's nothing more frustrating than people who don't know the very basis of his career and critize him with very poor cases. That's mainly whu I want to make more and more websites about him. Though I have the chance to meet a lot of musicians from various styles, and all do recognize he is very talented, but isn't as great as he used to. I think it would be much more fair to consider Jarre tries not to repeat himself. You can think both.

Well, this question is very tough. First query is that I like to feel I'm not isolated on the music world. If the french forum I spent most of my time on would reduce to - let's say - less than a hundred person, then I would think I am a real alien (like goes the Sting song), cut-off from the mainstream tastes, and feel loose for the rest of my life, a bit like staging "underground". I mean if Jarre keeps doing concerts for millions, he is mainstream enough, right?
What I search for on the forum is more a better understanding of the technical aspects of Jarre's music, which I'm more and more interested with. I'm very jealous about the people who can spend hours discussing about how bad the mix is on a particular album, and so on. The other aspect of my presence on the forums is to try grow knowledge on how the whole thing started for the fans. Some french fans have stories on Jarre one day we will have to make a book about. This is why the fans' testimonies is the thing I will keep on going as much as I can and as much as people are willling to let me know.

Well, again, a very difficult one! When I saw Jean Michel going "wild" in Cannes for the Teo and Tea showcase, I was afflicted. The Queen performance led to nothing neither. But the most difficult part was when a few french people dropped after Teo and Tea and some articles were extremely negative. I'm not saying I was willing to quit, but I was quite angry after Jean Michel. Fans were raging at one another and I didn't feel comfortable with it. In June 2007, Jarre was alike any other electro artist and that hurt me so strong, because in my mind, Jarre is 1.000.000 times superior to trendy DJ's and can't be a credible DJ himself.

Jarre is the most inspiring musician that ever crossed my life. And as for the biography segments: In a two year timeframe, he did some the greatest lyrics ever written in french popular music and introduced the world to electronic music with Oxygène. Later on, until the mid-nineties, with a run of challenging albums and great concerts, Jean Michel was the most influentual french artist in pop culture. Jean Michel did one of the greatest concert ever in Paris La Défense in 1990. Since that period, he is trying to give a deeper sense to each of his performances, including tolerance, multiculturalism and environnement. Jarre is an accomplished artist and his music is beyond the range of composing music.

That I love his work. And that he has to show up on his blog and official forum more often if he doesn't want his fans to get mad at him. There's such a need for us just to see his care.

Vangelis is great. Ash Ra and Tangerine Dream (until mid-eighties) are "way cool". Klaus Schulze is gloomy and fascinating. Francis Rimbert and Joël Fajerman are though. Chemical brothers are fun. The Orb are nice. Goldfrapp and Portishead are OK. Kraftwerk are good, maybe too intellectual. Moby is sometimes interesting. In more recent discovery, I also like: Michel van Osenbruggen, Steve Roach, Redschift, Lightwave, Alpha Lyra, Pete Namlook & Wolfram Der Spyra. And I like spending time on Myspace and discovering unknown artists.

Obviously La Défense. Because you have millions of people looking in the same direction, the most fantastic music, lasers and fireworks, and that this extravanganza will never happen again. It's clear Jarre and La défense will be two words linked together for a long, long time.
---

Kanta - Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:17 pm

I wonderful read, JB. 8)

Bonjour, :D my name is Kanta and I am a Jean Michel Jarre fan.

I discovered Jean Michel when my sister and I inherited a record player from my Uncle and Auntie. It was a present to us as they were emigrating. We had no vinyl to play on the record player to start with and my cousin gave us at the same time the Oxygene album on vinyl. I was 11 years old. It left a very big impact on me listening to the Oxygene album on vinyl. So big was the impact, that we bought the Equinoxe album on vinyl. My discovering only lasted a few years but left a long and lasting impression.

I consider myself a hardcore fan of Jean Michel's since 2004 onwards. Although, I did not become a dedicated fan when I was 11 years old, the reason being there were many changes happening in my life and I became influenced on other areas. I was very lucky enough to be re-introduced to him again. It happened by chance, that I came across the Oxygene in Moscow concert, which was showing, on Sky Digital on the Performance Channel. Purely by good fortune, Jean Michel returned back into my life. Since 2004 I have made up for the lost years, I hope.

Oxygene - The first time I heard this album, I was totally impressed to what I was listening to. When you are 11 years old, you are starting to appreciate music of all walks of life. The album was a huge step ahead of this. The music is far beyond the future and ultimately very unique in producing electronic sounds by analogue synthesizers.

Oxygene 7-13 - The "continuation" of the Oxygene album is the best tribute Jean Michel could have given to the first one. This album chooses a formation like its predecessor but also manages to provide a breakthrough in exceptional sounds and rhythms.

Equinoxe - The album is tremendous and reflects the pathway to electronic genius. This album is a masterpiece of sounds and melodies.

Yes, I do collect Jean Michel's merchandise. I have all his albums on CD, 98% of his concert books, all his official DVDs to date, various posters and t-shirts. My pride and joy is Oxygene and Oxygene 7-13 CD covers signed by him. Also, signed by Jean Michel is my two concert programmes from 2008 and 2009.

Yes, I would dearly like to make my own music due to Jean Michel's influence. I would like to compose similar music that Jean Michel produces. Maybe, even to begin with covering or remixing Oxygene 13. My favourite track to date!

Yes, I look at things differently with Jean Michel's knowledge and opinion. He believes strongly for sounds and textures from various angles. This could apply to all.

Yes, I do. Some are surprise how he looks nowadays and others like to hum Oxygene 4. Others do not know him at all. I inform them that Jean Michel Jarre is the godfather, a pioneer and a mastero of electronic music. But most do know the album Oxygene.

The latest up to date news, gossip and any background knowledge whether it would be the past, present and future on Jean Michel. Also, to interact with fans about other topics that do not relate to Jean Michel. I am very proud that I am a Moderator on a Jean Michel forum - www.zoolook.nl . A privilege to serve the Jean Michel Jarre community there and other related forums.

No, not drop it all but take a little time away. Sometimes, a good thing can control you too much.

Jean Michel is a unique French composer and pioneer of electronic music His music and concerts have created the utmost highest level of musical talent to a point where he is the leader that influences the future musical generation.

Firstly, I would mention that his music has given me numerous amount of hours of enjoyment and thank him from my heart for this. That I admire and respect him as an artist. For all the good things he has achieved for electronic music through his work. Including, his valuable contribution work for UNESCO. How I have learnt so much from him by being his fan. That he is a true inspiration to all his fans and I hope the best for more to come. Another opportunity to do the friendship handshake, as well.

I listen to many types of music depending on the mood, Beethoven to Cheryl Cole. My most favorite artists are Madonna, Kraftwerk, Röyksopp, David Guetta, Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode, Enigma, Lady GaGa etc. To name just a few as the list is quite long. I also enjoy listening to Jean Michel's fans who compose music. They are very talented in their own right making Jean Michel's covers, remixes or composing their own music. I have such admiration for them.

All his concerts have been spectacular. So much time, effort and work to bring to his fans these fantastic and amazing concerts. The one I choose is very personal and special to me. It is the first concert that I had ever attended which was at Théâtre Marigny, Paris (Oxygene in Paris) in 2007. Ten concerts were played on individual nights and I was there on the first night. The feeling I had when I saw Jean Michel for the first time on stage live was truly an emotional one. I remember thinking that this is vastly different from watching him on the television. There was no television screen between us and I could not pause. It really felt like one to one.

Merci Jean-Baptiste for giving me the opportunity in answering these superb questions. I hope the answers are interesting. Au revoir.

Hope no-one falls asleep reading this. :punch:

Jon - Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:34 pm

Kanta wrote:
Your answers are really quite funny, Jon. :punch:

One day I will tell you about when I went to get the hoover from the cupboard under the stairs and found Vangelis in there :mrgreen:

lahavana - Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:50 pm

Quote:

One day I will tell you about when I went to get the hoover from the cupboard under the stairs and found Vangelis in there :mrgreen:

:loool:

melo - Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:58 pm

Hey, jean-B, where did you learned Portuguese ? Because, you write this language very well on Brazilian jarrefan site.
jeanbatman - Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:13 pm

melo wrote:
Hey, jean-B, where did you learned Portuguese ? Because, you write this language very well on Brazilian jarrefan site.

Well, Melo, in fact, I use google translator. And since French's and Portuguese's syntax are very close from one aother, I don't make too many mistakes. I don't know much words in Portuguese, but I eat portugese food 4 times a week... :pwned:
I read Jarre Brasil very oftenly... As well as other Fan sites.

Kanta - Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Google translator helps me with my French. 8)
Robi - Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:24 pm

[quote="jeanbatman"]
melo wrote:

I read Jarre Brasil very oftenly...

Me too! :)

melo - Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:59 pm

Thanks to support guys. I used many times JB's site: http://jeanmicheljarre.unblog.fr/ to seach for informations.
jeanbatman - Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:38 am

lahavana wrote:
Hope these will help you(...)

Lahavana is the first guest of my little website. Thanks to her a lot... Direct link.
Apart from that, I hope I will get some more time to complete my concert section.

GeeJee - Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:04 pm

here are my replies:

Well, that's actually quite a sad story. I didn't have an easy time at all when I was a kid, and I remember the horrible holidays in the UK, where my parents threw everything at me they could find. So I used to sneak into my tent and lie down in my sleeping bag while listening to this CD called "Synthesizer Greatest", which would comfort me.

I kept being interested in the "Synthesizer Greatest" cds (I had the first two volumes)- and always thought they were the original versions. Someday I found out they were not, and went looking for some CDs by Jarre in the local record store. I encountered "Destination Docklands" or "Revolutions" (I don't remember) and "Odyssey trough O2" in the record bins, neither of which really appealed to me. I then went to look for some songs on Kazaa ( :mrgreen: ), fell in love with Chronologie 4. I don't remember whether I first bought the Chronologie album, or the complete edition of Oxygene (the black longbox). I was hooked ever since. Must have been over a decade now.

Hard to say, as I keep re-discovering the beauty of some of his albums. This goes hand-in-hand with moments I start do dislike certain albums. So for example I have rediscovered Zoolook and after a while I don't like it that much anymore and try something else. This rarely happens to Oxygene 7-13, Chronologie Metamorphoses, Destination Docklands, Waiting for Cousteau, Magnetic Fields and Geometry of Love. I would pick my favourite 3 out of that list.

I used to do that very fanaticly, but have stopped doing so mainly for financial reasons. I used to covet every single item, every different pressing and so forth, nowadays I have a list of items that I want, a few CD singles, promos etc. I haven't started collecting vinyl yet, but might do so in the future. As for merchandise, I don't collect it per se, but I have quite a few posters (some of which are framed and on display in my flat).

I do so on a daily basis, although for a few years this is mainly classical music.

Not necessarily, but I did find out we have some preferences in common. His own style of painting for example, but also Michel Granger and other surrealistic artists (although I'm not a fan of Dalí), and also this retro-futuristic style he has mentioned a few times. I don't think I like for example Granger because I like Jarre.

I used to, in the past, when we talked about music. Nowadays mainly the posters in my flat provoke reactions (there's 3 of them on display, one of which is huge!)- like "who is this Jean Michel Jarre", and then when I play them a song, most of them instantly recognize it. I have heard a broad range of reactions, from "totally weird" (girl about Oxygene 12 live in Moscow)
to "quite allright" (same girl about Chronologie 3 live in Paris 1995) to "stunning" (one of my best friends about Live in your living room DVD) and quite anything in between. Most people don't like the music that much though, although some of them tell they used to listen to this music in past times.

Nothing, I know all. :mrgreen:
No, just kidding. I like to read interviews.

No, but there are periods I don't listen to JMJ's music at all without lacking interest, I just listen to something else and come back to it later.

That would probably following a question like "who is he"- to which I would reply that he is a french musician making electronic music using synthesizers, in quite some different styles, which is usually relaxing to listen to.

I have met him face to face a few times. I asked and told him several things.

At the moment electronic artists I listen to are Depeche Mode and Air (I've not yet joined the new wave of La Roux and Little Boobs), otherwise I listen a lot to Pink Floyd and Alan Parsons, but also Manfred Mann's Earth Band with its neat jazzy synthesizer solos...

Well, JMJ did so many different things. Visually, that would be La Defense, no doubt, although I don't think it was musically his best. Musically I think EIC, CPLT, Moscow and 12DOTS were his best (visually not any less spectacular though, they simply can't beat PLD) although his latest setup is very charming as well. If I would pick a favourite, that would be Moscow.

Egypt.

Paris.

Oh. :mrgreen:

Thanks for this itv Jean B., great questions :wink2:

lahavana - Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:10 pm

Thank you very much! I am honoured to be the first, and also, honoured to see our banner on your site and to be included among the JMJ sites of the world! It means a lot to us! If you don't mind, Vlad (my partner in crime :) )will too, be sending you his answers to your questions, as he's got his story to tell as well :) We think it a great idea to put up this questionnaire - it helps give insight on the impact of JMJ's music on his fans - it does for some very interesting reading!
AnDrOiD - Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:26 pm

GeeJee wrote:
Little Boobs

:nod: :lol:

jeanbatman - Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:28 am

GeeJee wrote:
Thanks for this itv Jean B., great questions :wink2:

You're welcome... I really happy to read all of your concerns on this issue.
Very interesting reading. :D

jeanbatman - Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:00 pm
Post subject: Kanta's interview
Kanta is the second fan on my blog: http://jmjarrefan.wordpre...a-from-england/

Thanks to her!
---------
Note: Please vote for your favorite concert and album and concert

Kanta - Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:25 pm

:oops: , thanxs Jean-Baptiste. Most honoured. :mrgreen:
littlesister - Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:09 pm

For my sins .... here are my answers to jeanbatman's questions .... I think I may have gone on a bit too much .... :oops: 8) :wink: ... ready for the ridicule sure to come my way ....

Looking back, I feel like I discovered Jean Michel and his music in fits and starts, little by little, small pieces at a time. Firstly, it was through listening to cheap cassettes of synth music covers bought from market stalls when I was young in the early eighties ( although I didn't have a face or name to put to the music). Then I recall seeing his name and the cover image of Oxygene on folders some boys in my class at school had, and seeing the Houston concert on UK TV around about the same time ( that was 1986) ... so I had a face and name to go with the music. The final piece of the puzzle was provided by my brother, who bought Revolutions when it was released and allowed me to listen to it. I fell completely in love with the music ( and, to be honest, with the cover image ... :oops: . ), and it made me want to find out more .... and so it started.

I became interested in Jean Michel around the time of Revolutions ... about 1988. I don't think I could call myself a fan then - I liked the music and the visuals, but hadn't experienced enough of it to call myself a fan .... that took a little bit longer. After a time buying the albums previous to Revolutions and listening to them a lot ( and realising I knew and liked a lot of it already ! ), then watching Destination Docklands on TV and later on Video, things started to change. I found myself more and more interested ... it was if someone had flicked a switch in my brain. I wanted to find out more, wanted to see what the next step in the journey might be ...which turned out to be Waiting for Cousteau and Paris - La Defense. So it was around then .... 1989/90 that I think I actually became a fan, and have been ever since.

It is hard to pick just three, as I like them all in various ways ..... so my favourites have a tendency to change with my moods !
I suppose if I have to choose, then it would be these 3 :

Oxygene - because it is so timeless and so calming and just ... beautiful. It was while listening to this one day that something just when 'ping' in my brain, and I changed from someone who just liked the music into a fan of it. I think this album will always be a favourite, for lots of reasons.

Chronologie - I have a soft spot for this album, because this was the one which was connected to the Europe in Concert Tour ... and that was the first time I was lucky enough to see/hear Jean Michel live for myself - at Wembley Stadium one warm August night..... lots of memories connected to that.

Finally , I think GOL ( Geometry of Love ) - not a usual choice, I know. Despite the slightly risque nature of the cover image ;-) , despite it not really being a studio album per se but a side project, despite it not being the greatest thing Jean Michel has produced, despite all that, I really like it. To me, it has elements of the child-like wonder, the innocence of the "classic "Jarre albums ( Oxygene, Equinoxe, Chants Magnetique, Zoolook) but tempered with a sense of knowing ... of worldly experience ... of experience of the heart and of more carnal matters ...... a more 'adult' album to appeal to a more adult me perhaps .... ?

Like most fans, I have the studio albums , videos, DVD's plus a few mp3's of unreleased concerts, but I don't think I really have a collection. I have been lucky enough ( or should that be determined enough ... ? ) to acquire most of the photobooks connected to Jean Michel's concerts though - I am as interested in the visuals, the ideas behind the concerts as I am the music.

No, not really .... I am not particularly musically minded I'm afraid. I am just happy being a passive consumer of it all .... his music inspires me in other ways though.

I don't think he has changed my views on things. Through his music and concerts, listening to interviews and learning more about Jean Michel and his views, I think he has made me think more about certain subjects, some I may not have considered before perhaps, so he has influenced me in that way. Through thinking about them more I have found myself forming opinions of my own - some I share with Jean Michel, some I don't..... he has widened my horizons perhaps, presented me with other points of view to consider ?

My family and close friends know all about my petite obsession with Jarre !! Some are fans too, others are not but at least know who he is. Unfortunately, the most common reaction from anyone else to his name is "Who ?" .... some of the older ones (30 +) will remember when I mention the mega concerts he had done in the 80's/90's or Oxygene , but other than them, no-one seems to have heard of him.

I have used the forums as a source of information, especially in the time before the formal official website, and as a place to make like-minded friends with people who have some idea about who and what I am talking about !

As of yet, no, and I cannot see there going to be either. So far,since I became a fan in the late 80's, I have always found something to inspire me, to make me think, to make me feel, to like in Jean Michel's work - be it the music, the visuals, the ideas .... yes, even in Teo and Tea !. There are times when I am more inspired by it, there are times when I am less .... but there has always been something there for me to like, no matter how small. All the time that continues, I will continue to consider myself a fan.

That he is a French composer/musician who uses synths and electronic instruments to create his music. He is (mostly) known for his huge concerts with music, lasers, lights and fireworks, performed in unexpected, outside locations.

If I met Jean Michel one-to-one, I would probably turn into a gibbering wreck and a complete "fan-girl" to be honest ! If I didn't, or if I could compose myself enough not to be , then I expect I would just say something simple like "Thank You". I might explain that his music has helped me through some bad times in my life, and illuminated some of the high points too. It has inspired me, opened my mind to new worlds and new experiences .It means a lot to me, and for that, I would like to say thank you. Not the most original or interesting thing to say, but there it is.

Air, Engima, Leftfield, Royskopp ... many others, but these come to mind now.

Like with my favourite album, it is hard to pick which is the greatest concert. I suppose, visually, it would be either Paris-La Defense ( for just the mind-blowing scale of it all, the taking control, the "hijacking" of such an area .... the Pyramid stage, the laser drawings on the buildings, the fireworks .... and for creating my most enduring image of Jean Michel himself - in the red "Ringmasters" coat and Doc Martin boots, portable synth slung around him, standing there, conducting it all.... ) or maybe Water for LIfe ( the photos I have seen of it look amazing .... its location, surrounded by seemingly untouched dessert, the images used, the fireworks, the laser harp .... an indication of how great 12 DOTS could have been if the fog hadn't descended .... ). Musically, I think I would choose 12 DOTS or Aero ( the windmill concert ), because of the brilliant new versions of well known pieces performed in them.... hearing familiar music in a new way.

Kanta - Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:20 pm

Very interesting interview, Jess. 8) I understand the wreck part. :robertdugenou:
jeanbatman - Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:48 am
Post subject: New vidéo from Jeanbatman
I just uploaded my new Personal ad video for <2010> in France.

Enjoy!

Kanta - Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:39 am

That's a grand video. 8) Is that your music accompanying the video?
jeanbatman - Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:52 am
Post subject: Sweet memories: Tribute to In-doors 2009
Kanta wrote:
That's a grand video. 8) Is that your music accompanying the video?

Thanks Kanta... Yes.... I make all the videos with my own music and none of Jarre's to avoid being banned by the U-Tube policemen. :wink:

BTW I made a second one called: "Sweet memories". Give me 5! :wink:

Kanta - Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:02 pm

Very lovely composing. 8)

Done and gave you 5, of course. :D

jeanbatman - Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:04 am

Hi, here's my brand new blog (in french) about <2010>:
Jarre 2010 Over blog

Kanta - Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:38 pm

Brilliant blog. The map is very good to know. :bravo:
jeanbatman - Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:21 pm

Thank you Kanta!
Kanta - Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:39 pm

You're welcome. A great idea for a blog. :D
jeanbatman - Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:30 pm

I've put a google translator on my webpage so you can...
Select your langage

Kanta - Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:59 am

:o , truly amazing. :bravo:
jeanbatman - Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:16 pm

Kanta wrote:
:o , truly amazing. :bravo:

You're welcome, madam. :P

jeanbatman - Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:19 am
Post subject: My wallpaper for <2010>
Here's my home-made wallpaper for 2010:

Enjoy!

Jon - Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Post subject: Re: My wallpaper for <2010>
jeanbatman wrote:
[url=http://idata.over-bl..._2010.jpg]Image [/URL]
Enjoy!

I like that. Nice work JB :peacemaan:

GeeJee - Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:24 am
Post subject: Re: My wallpaper for <2010>
Jon wrote:
jeanbatman wrote:
[url=http://idata.over-bl..._2010.jpg]Image [/URL]
Enjoy!

I like that. Nice work JB :peacemaan:

Yes me too, but the resolution is not high enough for my screen :robertdugenou:

jeanbatman - Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:01 pm

People who own the "La Cage" single (the original 7-inch), please PM me.
It's for a project with Christophe from Aerozone.

jeanbatman - Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:51 pm

I'll need authorization to use these wonderful pictures from jeanmicheljarre.pl for making my wallpapers.

Anybody knows who I should contact, please ?

Jon - Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:05 pm

jeanbatman wrote:
I'll need authorization to use these wonderful pictures from jeanmicheljarre.pl for making my wallpapers.

Anybody knows who I should contact, please ?

Seems the images are credited too. . . .

Quote:
fot. Elżbieta Cybulska
Kopiowanie zabronione

I'm sure if you credit both those names on any of the wallpapers you make, that should cover you for copyright?

Kanta - Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:06 pm

Radek might know. :wink:
mikejarrenot - Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:48 pm

Welcome to the forum
have a great time browsing here!!
this is "The most amazing site ever viewed by the human eye"
"I hope to see you again in a hundred and fifty years,GOODNIGHT!"

jeanbatman - Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:30 am

mikejarrenot wrote:
Welcome to the forum

Are you doing allright Mike ? I've been on the forum for nearly three years on almost-daily basis in case you've missed something... :? :D

But thanks anyway for your welcome. I feel like a new man, now. :peacemaan:

mikejarrenot - Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:56 pm

jeanbatman wrote:
mikejarrenot wrote:
Welcome to the forum

Are you doing allright Mike ? I've been on the forum for nearly three years on almost-daily basis in case you've missed something... :? :D

But thanks anyway for your welcome. I feel like a new man, now. :peacemaan:

sorry for not reading the "smallprint"
god i'm thick!!
can't wait for october.
if anyone is at the men or plans to go then let me know.
it will be fascinating to maybe meet some of the people i have corresponded with.
cheers mjn

jeanbatman - Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Post subject: The French JMJ Webring
Introducing my newest project : The French JMJ Webring...
Alive and kicking !

http://webringjmj.over-blog.fr

This project will grow on strong in the upcoming weeks with help of a dozen of fellow webmasters interested in my project.
I'm so excited about all this!

Kanta - Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:36 pm
Post subject: Re: The French JMJ Webring
jeanbatman wrote:
Introducing my newest project : The French JMJ Webring...
Alive and kicking !

http://webringjmj.over-blog.fr

This project will grow on strong in the upcoming weeks with help of a dozen of fellow webmasters interested in my project.
I'm so excited about all this!

Very nice design. 8)

jeanbatman - Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:19 am
Post subject: aerozone updated

New features on aerozone, the french fan-club:
aerozone
Stay tuned for new contents very soon!

Kanta - Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:32 pm

Looking very good! 8)
jeanbatman - Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:21 pm
Post subject: Jarre records exhibition in rouen, france this sunday
This Sunday, 18/12/2011, a new exhibition devoted to Jean Michel Jarre's rare albums occurs during the 25th disk fest of Rouen (France). It is held by aerozone staff. Admission is 1. We hope that many fans will be at the meeting.
http://aerozonejmj.free.f..._disque_a_rouen

shadow - Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:08 pm

Would love to go, but France is such a bloody distance :(
Dr_Jones - Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:29 pm
Post subject: Re: Jarre records exhibition in rouen, france this sunday
jeanbatman wrote:
This Sunday, 18/12/2011, a new exhibition devoted to Jean Michel Jarre's rare albums occurs during the 25th disk fest of Rouen (France). It is held by aerozone staff. Admission is 1. We hope that many fans will be at the meeting.
http://aerozonejmj.free.f..._disque_a_rouen

ooh, I'd love to go, I have a record which really belongs there and no-one ever heard of until a few months ago when I found it. I don't even know JMJ knows about it (I will make an announcement soon). If only I knew about it earlier, I have things to do this weekend :-/

jeanbatman - Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:52 pm

There will be a complete review of the sunday gig on the french fan-club website. This event will be a 98% non-fan one. If weather is ok (you know france has a storm going on these past days), it should be succesfull. :peacemaan:

What's up, doc ? Any rare item you'd like to share with the board ? :?:

jeanbatman - Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:37 pm

Here's the follow-up to my older post, the report of our disk fest :
aerozone

Kanta - Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:18 pm

jeanbatman wrote:
Here's the follow-up to my older post, the report of our disk fest :
aerozone

8)

jeanbatman - Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:00 pm

Looking for dfeedback on my website : https://jmjarrefan.wordpress.com/your-top-tracks/
You can leave your top JMJ tracks in the comments.

jeanbatman - Yesterday 14:55

The French aerozone forum has re-opened from scratch after some technical issues:
https://forums.aerozonejmj.fr
Please be sure to subscribe.