BlahBlahCafe
The Zoolook Forum

Albums & Other Releases - Rendez-vous

Livgivare - Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:48 pm
Post subject: Rendez-vous
Please tell us what you think of this album.

Love Leelene

Feffeli - Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:06 pm

While Equinoxe was the creation and growth of Earth, Rendez-Vous is the creation and development of the Universe itself.
In part one, the universe fades into existence out of darkness, becoming a warm glow that slowly forms into the first star...
Part two is more stars forming, surging around as if in a great ocean, forming whirlpools and flows, the galaxies, nebulae, and so on.
Part three is the silence between the stars, sad yet beautiful.
Part four is when life begins to emerge.
Part five is the rapid expansion phase of space travel. It starts out with a few ships dancing lazy circles around the planets of their home system, then lonely wanderings between the stars, and then when life of different planets meets and shares their resources, things take off!
Part six is... It's a lament. In this new universe, will we ever truly be able to return to our roots?

Jakob BC - Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:49 pm

This is a great album but a little too orchestral formy taste. I don't think this album is comparable to his other albums, I like most of the tracks but it's like I have heard the tracks too much.
Finaero - Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:07 pm

One of my favorites... I was always angry that my cassette copy didn't have whole Rendez-Vous 5... so I was more than delighted to hear the full thing few years after that ;)

Rendez-Vous 2 in its original form too, oh my, it rocks so much. And Rendez-Vous 3 also had pretty good potential, too bad its grave was left at Docklands.

I admit, I may have bias towards this album, but I like that bias ;)

8/10

AnDrOiD - Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:30 pm

I love this album! :mrgreen:
Christophe - Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:31 pm

8) 8) 8) 8)
GeeJee - Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:55 pm

Sexcellent! :D 10/10
Livgivare - Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:03 am

I give this album a 9/10 because it is among the best ever.

Love Leelene

Bj-1 - Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:26 am

Brilliant space album! Lot's of great parts on this one! 9/10
jp8000 - Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:26 am

10/10
PMgep - Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:09 pm

I love the songs, especially the live versions. The album sounds somewhat dated to me...
Big time - Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:02 pm

My fave!!!! :D :D CLASSIC!!!! :D :D
Nico_Noyau - Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:07 pm

Classic ? Yes, of course, but maybe too many for me
I listened to this one too many times, sure I love sounds and synths he used, but there are maybe too many strings
I will take 8/10, but I like it for sure !

Robi - Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:49 pm

Rendez-vous 2 is the true and original on this album! Rendez-vous 5 is...GREAT!
:D

Rompipompi - Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:01 pm

My very first Jarre album I bought back in 1986. My brother already bought Equinoxe 5 back in 1978, but this was my first Jarre. At that time I was really into the Space Shuttle (from the first launch of Columbia...) and the Shuttle linked me back to Jarre. I remember that I used to play Jarre tunes on my fathers Hammond organ, tunes like Equinoxe 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, Magnetic Fields 2, 5 and later Rendez Vous 1, 4. That period I was getting into playing keyboards and not much later I bought my first synth. Wow, I totally forgot about this period, I just realise that this was my starting point of my musical 'career', I still play keyboards in a ProgRock band (www.odyssice.com) ha just a little promotion here!!! ;)
Friend - Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:27 am

It rules! :wink:
Ronja - Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:10 am

As Feffeli said- I also link it with the creation of the universe, step by step :cool:

The second image (especially listening to part 4)- conquering the cosmos.

RV 1- great, and I find it very good track to "open" the album

RV 2- just love it! It's a masterpiece :!:

RV 3&5- good, but not as so 1,2,6 :wink:

RV 4- one of the most known Jarre's tracks and one of the first I heard

RV 6 (Ron's piece)- great...it has special meaning because ofthe history which it's linked with...

Dr_Jones - Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:11 am

This chart shows how Rendez-Vous 4 did in the french top 50:

It's been in the top 50 for more than four months. That's quite long. Very long, actually

Kanta - Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:48 pm

I am very impressed with that graph. More highs then lows. 8)
Petr - Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Please could somebody informs me if album´s Ron´s piece is exactly the same melody like planned original Ron Mc Nair´s version for Space Shuttle?
So I mean if Ron´s piece album released version is not slower (because of this tragedy) or absolutely different song against the song planned for Space Shuttle recording.

Thanks!

GeeJee - Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:31 pm

I have asked 'insiders' about this in the past, and they assured me the piece didn't change after McNair passed away.
Pat1982 - Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:04 pm

GeeJee wrote:
I have asked 'insiders' about this in the past, and they assured me the piece didn't change after McNair passed away.

Except for the heartbeat? I 'm not interely sure but wasn't this added later?

GeeJee - Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:50 pm

Pat1982 wrote:
GeeJee wrote:

Except for the heartbeat? I 'm not interely sure but wasn't this added later?

Ooh, that's very possible. I don't know.

Kanta - Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:45 pm

12/12/2017

On The Road Again

Jean-Michel Jarre "Rendez-vous"

Source: http://ontheroadagain1970...ml?spref=tw&m=1