BlahBlahCafe
The Zoolook Forum

Other (Electronic) Musicians - The Prodigy

Jakob BC - Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:35 am
Post subject: The Prodigy
The Prodigy's Christmas present for the people... a new single, free to download.
After having listened to some of their recent music, this was a surprise. Nice distorted 303-like synthline in it (BABY!).

http://www.theprodigy.com

AnDrOiD - Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:42 am

I downloaded the video on my Xbox 360! :peacemaan:
ILIAS - Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:54 pm

I am so happy they are back with great stuff and new album next year !

Love this band :peacemaan:

Velodynamic - Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:21 pm

In what dimension have they been? :P

They're the kings of...of...what they do. :mrgreen: 8)

edit.. Downloaded the very cool single but my anti-virus system does not let me through to their site. :(

Velodynamic - Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:10 am

The Prodigy at Zane Lowe show, Radio 1.

Rebroadcasting here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/zanelowe/

jarrekid - Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:37 pm

The last album I enjoyed... but after hearing the latest single I felt pretty let down.
Jakob BC - Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:29 pm

'Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned' was a let down to me, so Im really looking forward to 'Invaders Must Die'. The title track and 'Omen' convinced me that it's going to be a nice album. I guess Im the only person on this planet who actually likes 'Invaders Must Die' :smoke:
GeeJee - Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:22 pm

I came across their "best of" but wasn't turned on immediately... should i give it a second spin?
Jarp2600 - Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:35 pm

Yes... Especially "Experience" is great IMHO! Definitly worth trying. :)
GeeJee - Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:45 pm

It was too noise/techno/distortionish for my taste back then... mmm... could give it another try later...
Jakob BC - Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:45 am

Music is strange... Sometimes I just need a dose of heavily distorted synths, pumping beats or skippediskip breaks, acid lines, heavyguitars, rap/yelling. I haven't been listening to all this for a long time, and there was a period of time where I didn't listen to anything else but this kind of music. I guess I have passed those days bit though :P
GeeJee - Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:56 pm

I like to listen to Linkin Park etc when I'm angry... just to scream along.. :D
ILIAS - Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:54 pm

I was thinking about the album today and now I see it was not only me :D

I would advice to find everthing by prodigy every track from every release as there are about 2 times more tracks than there are on albums (b-sides, eps etc) and then I am sure you wil like it at least to make your bes of album

Jakob BC - Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:16 pm

None of their albums sound the same. Still they all have that Prodigy/Howlett sound. 'Experience' is the biggest outsider of them all. It's more rave-ish with faster beats. It definitely sounds like somthing from the early 90's. I prefer the two later album 'Music for the Jilted Generation' and 'The Fat of the Land'.
Jarp2600 - Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 am

Now listening to the album... At the first impression, it sounds okay. Worth listening, but nothing really new. Again a load of distorted synths, fast drumloops and echoing voices, like we're used to with The Prodigy.
Especially both versions of "Omen", and "Colours" and "World's on Fire" are really nice, the rest is just the usual stuff...

I'm not that fond of the mastering though. It lacks some depth and some decent low- and hi-end.

Imho worth listening, but not as good as Experience or sth. :)

Jakob BC - Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:21 am

They did say that it was a back to the roots album, which is probably more likely 'The Fat of The Land', which the tracks I heard are like. Experience is very different from their other albums. Personally I don't like it. Those heliumvoices have never appealed to me.
ILIAS - Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:00 pm

but what do you think about weather experience track? I think it is great

also IMD new video was on TV yesterday evening.

Velodynamic - Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:21 pm

OMEN (official video)
http://www.youtube.com/wa...TKOoy1uk&fmt=18

Invaders Must Die (official video)
http://www.youtube.com/wa...Fcc_l_Kk&fmt=18

:P :nod: :p: 8)

World's on Fire (reproduced)
http://www.youtube.com/wa...=related&fmt=18

Colours? (reproduction)
http://www.youtube.com/wa...Cwtm1IrE&fmt=18

Jakob BC - Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:28 pm

Btw. where did you hear the full album Jip?
Velodynamic - Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:37 pm

There are a lot of sc official album tracks removed from YT nowadays. :roll:

Could it have a 'leak' somewhere? :wink:

Jarp2600 - Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:32 pm

Jakob BC wrote:

Yes... :)

Jakob BC - Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:24 pm

Jarp2600 wrote:
Jakob BC wrote:

:wtf2: Sir must tell where he heard the album :wink:

Jarp2600 - Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:24 pm

Jakob BC wrote:
Jarp2600 wrote:
Jakob BC wrote:

:wtf2: Sir must tell where he heard the album :wink:

PM? :fine:

GeeJee - Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:10 pm

Yes? :lol:

That's like...
"Would you like Coffee or Tea?"
-"Yes"

:robertdugenou:

Jarp2600 - Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:13 pm

I overread the word "where". :P
Jakob BC - Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:11 pm

Jarp2600 wrote:
I overread the word "where". :P

Aha now I understand... I got pretty confused :wink:

Jarp2600 - Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:36 pm

Hmm, every time I play the album, it gets nicer and nicer :) . Yeah, it's loud, noisy, dirty, distorted and brutal; not too original, but kinda neatsome :)
The whole album goes like a 'train a grande vitesse', not really givng you any time to take a breath. The only resting points seem to be "Take me to the Hospital (imho the least track of the album)", and the last track "Stand Up". 8)
The single "Invaders must Die" isn't really like the rest of the album. "The Omen" is giving a better image IMO.
For the last 3 days, it's more or less on repeat here :P

Jakob BC - Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:37 pm

Gimme gimme gimme :nod:
ILIAS - Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:00 pm

still haven't heard........

do you have it in good quality???

Velodynamic - Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:19 pm

Do they have some really deep bass scores this time, or is it more like a heavy beats album? :)
ILIAS - Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Well. I also must admit that have listened to it before the release date...

I have listened for 3 times now and what can I say... it is very good. but I have a little similar feeling to that I had about Seven Lives Many Faces Enigma album. I expected something more. Actually we can say it is their first real album in 12 years! If don't consider Dirtchamber and 4th studio one was very dissapointing and I don't want to call it Prodigy.

Something I like is... everything you generaly like about Prodigy. Something I don't like here - Keith's vocals. They became so ... how to say... not friendly for ears :cry: I know he is almost deaf, but hey, Liam could listen and try to record again for better result.

I will not hurry with favorite tracks. But at the moment I am enjoying every track.

Jakob BC - Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:44 pm

'Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned' is definitely very far from "The Prodigy", and it's difficult to listen to it as a Prodigy album. 'Invaders Must Die' is much better and better than i expected. A track like 'Omen Reprise' is a nice outsider track, though very Prodigy sounding in the end. I can't wait for the actual album to be released 8)
Jakob BC - Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:08 pm

I just bought 'Invaders Must Die' today. After listen to the album on a proper soundsystem and in a great quality, my conclusion is: This album is forking awesome and raises the Prodigy quality curve again :fine:
Velodynamic - Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:02 pm

So I also went for it tonight. :robertdugenou:

Feels like getting thrown back in time to the Experience and Jilted Generation, but with some extra spices.
Not much to add. Frickin awezöme. 8)

Jakob BC - Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:17 pm

Indeed! I did fear that it would lack those typical original Prodigy elements that stick to the memory, but I was positively surprised 8)
Velodynamic - Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:46 pm

The deep bass in Thunder and Take Me TTH is really brain wrecking massive... :P :lol:
Jakob BC - Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:52 pm

Yeah this is da fat sh*t :peacemaan:
jp8000 - Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:22 am

Always outnumbered, never outgunned and Invanders must die are just awesome albums!

Liam Howlett has Virus TI and Moog Voyager

Jakob BC - Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:48 am

Yes those synths are seen in the Omen video. I agree that Invaders Must Die is an amazing album, probably one of their best IMO. I don't like the other one that much. It's somehow very far from their typical standars. On the other hand that album was also more a Howlett project, without the other group members. A few tracks are nice though, such as 'Girls' and 'Spitfire', which has more Prodigy soul. The rest is not very catchy, and I have forgotten how most of the tracks sound. Im listening through some of the tracks now though.
jp8000 - Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Omen is one of my favourites
Dr_Jones - Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:32 pm

RIP Keith Flint. Pretty shocked after Marc Hollis' dead last week.
Velodynamic - Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:14 am

RiP Keith :(

Confirmed suicide leaving the whole Prodigy fan community in shock.

https://www.bbc.com/news/...t-arts-47442312

Velodynamic - Thu May 23, 2019 3:13 am

Tribute to Keith Flint - The Prodigy Orchestra Medley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7Xz1J5tmGs