BlahBlahCafe
The Zoolook Forum

Albums & Other Releases - Jammie Jefferson on CD

1906 - Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:04 pm
Post subject: Jammie Jefferson on CD
This cheap 60s and 70s compilation CD contains JMJ's version of Pop Corn. The sound quality is very, very good! I'm not 100% sure, but this does not sound like a vinyl rip, but a copy from a tape master.

According to the cd matrix inscription, the CD has been pressed by Inter Service Press, which is in Belgium. Bear in mind that Pop Corn was released on vinyl in Belgium as well, so it can be that they used some master tape to produce this CD.

If you want to judge yourself, send me a PM :-)

Dr_Jones - Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:08 pm

J. Ershon-Kingsley, they even spelled the name wrong again.
1906 - Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:15 pm

It is an official release!

According to:

http://www.discogs.com/label/Supreme%20Records

Inside Records is founded by the guy that ran Supreme Records which released Pop Corn in Belgium in the 70s. This version is indeed coming from an original master tape!

Dr_Jones - Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:14 am

This is the discovery of the year, seriously.

The CD is probably released early/mid 90s, if I go by the catalog numbers on discogs.

Starcat - Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:05 am

That sounds interesting. :D Thanks for sharing!!!
shadow - Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:25 pm

Whut, it's sad considering that this is probably the best Jarre related thing we have seeing the last couple of years :lol:
Kanta - Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:10 pm

shadow wrote:
Whut, it's sad considering that this is probably the best Jarre related thing we have seeing the last couple of years :lol:

:no:

Would love to hear it!

Jon - Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:57 pm

Kanta wrote:
shadow wrote:

:no:

Would love to hear it!

Same here. Would very much like to hear it :D

shadow - Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:53 am

Just heard it, and it sounds very, very good actually... Sounds much better then the old Rarities release (which is understanable though), but there are absolutely no problems with the track... I vote for more of these obsucre Jarre releases :fine:
Jon - Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Oh wow, that's a nice clean and crisp sounding track :peacemaan:
Starcat - Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:03 pm

I would love to hear that as well.
shadow - Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Send 1906 a PM, he'll send the link with the files :)
Starcat - Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Thanks a lot!!! :hug: Will do!!! :D
Kanta - Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Just heard it. Too good to be true. Love it. 8)
Starcat - Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:39 am

Yep!!!! The quality is awesome!!! :D
Dr_Jones - Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Got the CD myself now. It really sounds great, a must have for a collector!
Trance007 - Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:15 pm

It looks like this CD is still available for 2,63€ +2,20€ of postal charge in this shop :
http://www.booklooker.de/...=2&id=251101530

Sadly, the shop only deliver to Germany. :|

If somebody in Germany is willing to buy the CD for me, and forward it to Belgium, I would *GREATLY* appreciate it.

Dr_Jones - Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:40 am

Try contacting the seller, he or she might send it to Belgium after all.
Trance007 - Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:56 pm

I did.
But the seller refuse to send package outside Germany.

I wonder why.

Trance007 - Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:00 am

Just got an e-mail from the seller.
The CD is sold out in his shop.

Sorry for the false alert. :?

Dr_Jones - Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:46 am

http://www.smh.com.au/ent...0322-1vkue.html

Article about Popcorn with a picture of JMJ. He's mentioned in the article too.

Coincidentially, I'm being interviewed too :-D

jeanbatman - Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Dr_Jones wrote:
(...)

You can entrust us you googled your own name, we won't mind... Everyone did it at least once... :nod:

Dr_Jones - Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:17 pm

jeanbatman wrote:
Dr_Jones wrote:
(...)

You can entrust us you googled your own name, we won't mind... Everyone did it at least once... :nod:

for once, I did not :lol: Actually, the journalist emailed me.

La Cage - Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:53 pm

Trance007 wrote:
Just got an e-mail from the seller.
The CD is sold out in his shop.

Sorry for the false alert. :?

Another one for sale here (20 euros).

CLICK

Enrique_Grove - Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:30 pm

Finally I found this thread!, after many years I'm continue looking for a upgrade of the "Jammie Jefferson - Popcorn" from the multitracks not the needledrop that we can found on "Rarities 2", somebody in the forum have it in Flac?, that will be amazing!.

Thank You.

Enrique Grove.

La Cage - Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:53 am

Enrique_Grove wrote:
Finally I found this thread!, after many years I'm continue looking for a upgrade of the "Jammie Jefferson - Popcorn" from the multitracks not the needledrop that we can found on "Rarities 2", somebody in the forum have it in Flac?, that will be amazing!.

Thank You.

Enrique Grove.

Well, you should have told me loooong ago, specially because we live in the same country, dude :punch: And yes, I have the original cd too.

Enrique_Grove - Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:38 pm

La Cage wrote:
Enrique_Grove wrote:

Thank You.

Enrique Grove.

Well, you should have told me loooong ago, specially because we live in the same country, dude :punch: And yes, I have the original cd too.

Hola "La Cage" al parecer somos del mismo país, este disco compacto muy difícil de conseguir ya que esta largamente fuera de impresión, alguna posibilidad de adquirirlo?, me interesa el upgrade de "Popcorn", en realidad hay varios tracks pre Oxygene que necesitan ser extraídos desde una buena fuente, un gran abrazo.