BlahBlahCafe
The Zoolook Forum

Introduce Yourself - A friendly greeting from a new member!

Trevor Hickson - Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:14 pm
Post subject: A friendly greeting from a new member!
Hi folks!

I thought I'd take the opportunity to say hello and introduce myself, hopefully to find some new friends and supporters here.

I'm a composer and musician, influenced greatly by the earlier Jarre sounds and style, but also Kitaro. Recent comments have also likened my current work to Tangerine Dream!

Being a guitarist originally, I originally wrote and recorded "Eclipse" 20+ years ago, using just a guitar synth and multitracker tape deck, but could never quite acheive that wonderful ever-changing swirling sound notable in Equinox 2. However, during a long period of writer's block on a new project I decided to remake Eclipse using more up to date keyboards and effects.

Now a new energy and enthusiasm has been found, greater depth to my music and more inspiration.

I have been criticised in the past for 'trying to be Jarre', but I will only admit to being influenced and inspired by his earlier work and don't wish to mimic him. Much of my own music is less up-beat and with an orchestral flavour...

I hope you will enjoy what I offer.

All the best,

Trevor Hickson

jarrepaul - Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Trevor Hickson - Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:46 pm
Post subject: Thanks for the welcome paul..
Now I just gotta find out how to find my way around forums and messages! I have difficulty when my keyboard isn't spearated into black and white!

[quote="jarrepaul"]Welcome to the forum.[/quote]

jp8000 - Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi!
Kanta - Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Welcome to the forum. :)
Aneka65 - Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:13 am

Hello Friends:)