BlahBlahCafe
The Zoolook Forum

The Lounge - weeding out fake users?

Dr_Jones - Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:08 pm
Post subject: weeding out fake users?
Is it possible to delete all the fake users with 0 posts and only spam URLs in their profiles? It would make the lists of active (or no bot) users a lot readable.
Dr_Jones - Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:59 pm

Looks like a lot is being done about fake users at the moment.
Adam - Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:46 pm

If you want another moderator here I run my own forum and moderate several Facebook groups and I really hate spammers !!
I did offer my services a while back but never got a reply.

Robi - Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:13 pm

This used to be a good forum.
Adam - Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:17 pm

I just said on Facebook a forum of this size needs at least 2 active admins and at least 4 moderators, the forum software here is outdated & the anti spam add ons for it are very limited & the spammers can bypass them.
Robi - Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:08 am

Admins and moderators left the forum long time ago.
Adam - Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:22 pm

And another one, at least 3 spam posts today.
They really need to recruit some more moderators and quick before the entire board is taken over by spambots.
And have new members subject to admin approval, just check the username and email on http://www.stopforumspam.com before approving them.

Beatle - Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:24 pm

Hello guys, I appreciate your input. Right now I'm working to remove all the spammers. Have some patience with me. :D
Adam - Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:31 pm

No worries :)
If you want an additional moderator/junior moderator/spam buster the offer is there :)

Dr_Jones - Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:15 pm

Adam wrote:
No worries :)
If you want an additional moderator/junior moderator/spam buster the offer is there :)

Same here.

Dr_Jones - Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:52 am

Seriously, 6 spam massages in the past month again. This is getting embarrassing
Adam - Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:20 pm

I've informed Kanta, but not fair on her being the only mod.
Like I said before more mods are needed or at least a couple of "Spam Busters" who can remove these posts.