BlahBlahCafe
The Zoolook Forum

Albums & Other Releases - Oxygene 40 Project

Kanta - Tue May 31, 2016 11:36 am
Post subject: Oxygene 40 Project
Oxygene 40 Project

Email to oxygene@jeanmicheljarre.com if you wish to participate in this unique project with the requests shown on the above photo!

jeanbatman - Tue May 31, 2016 2:06 pm

Hashtag is #oxygene40years. (official)
AFAN Alessandro Fantini - Tue May 31, 2016 8:00 pm

I've just sent a message asking if my own painting "Spiracula - Oxygene 1976- 2006" could be included in this project since when I've sent it to JarreUk in December 2006, there wasn't any plan to gather all the tributes in a book (and actually I think that now I couldn't come up with a better visual homage).
Moreover, after releasing it on the web, in 2008 the painting itself has been used without my authorization as cover art for a Jarre Greatest Hits digipak produced by an illegal Russian label that's still on sale all over the web.
Being unable to get my artist credit or at least fix this copyright infringement, a feature on this new book might even partially help to restore my intellectual property.

Kanta - Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:06 am

3 July 2016

Be part of the Oxygene 40th Anniversary Book

Source: https://www.facebook.com/...154337106784096

shadow - Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:52 pm

Might as well do a photo with both the original and Oxygene 7-13 vinyl's in my hand :P
jeanbatman - Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:56 pm

AFAN Alessandro Fantini wrote:
(…) Moreover, after releasing it on the web, in 2008 the painting itself has been used without my authorization as cover art for a Jarre Greatest Hits digipak produced by an illegal Russian label that's still on sale all over the web.(…)

Internet is such a no rule zone… Sigh.

JiggyAlienEyes - Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:59 pm

Being unable to get my artist credit or at least fix this copyright infringement, a feature on this new book might even partially help to restore my intellectual property.

That's such a bummer. I hope you'll be included to give yourself some peace of mind

shadow - Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:27 pm

jeanbatman wrote:
(…) Moreover, after releasing it on the web, in 2008 the painting itself has been used without my authorization as cover art for a Jarre Greatest Hits digipak produced by an illegal Russian label that's still on sale all over the web.(…)

Eh?

jeanbatman - Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:03 pm

shadow wrote:
jeanbatman wrote:

Eh?

Lots of people think because something is on internet, you can steal it without being worried, and meaner people basically make money out of your own work…

shadow - Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:19 pm

Yeah I get that, but what photo? What artwork? What we even talking about?
Jon - Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:34 pm

shadow wrote:

This one (at the back)

http://www.questbbs.fsnet...rofantini11.jpg

Pat Gleeson - Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:19 pm

Jon wrote:
shadow wrote:

This one (at the back)

http://www.questbbs.fsnet...rofantini11.jpg

Used as on this bootleg:

Greatest Hits Bootleg

shadow - Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:09 pm

Oh that painting! Yeah I know which one now! I really like it, shame it got used the way it did on the one hand, on the other it's kind of neat. Anyway, here's the photo I went with. No idea if they'll be happy with my inclusion of Oxygene 7-13, but let's be honest. It's part of the legacy!

Dr_Jones - Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:38 pm

I included Oxygene 7-13 in my picture:

shadow - Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:22 am

That's a lot of Oxygene vinyls! Can only wish I had that many! :nod:
AFAN Alessandro Fantini - Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:48 pm

After 10 years since I've painted it, last saturday I've been able to meet Jean Michel in person after the checksound of the Rome concert (I got a pass in order to interview him and write a live report of the concert for an Italian music magazine for which I've written some articles in the past).
The report is available at this link:http://www.ondarock.it/livereport/2016_jeanmicheljarre.htm

In this photo I'm giving him the artbook containing the tribute to the 30th anniversary and some of the paintings inspired by and dedicated to his music.

ChoccyUK - Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Oh Jonesy you made me laugh out loud! :)