The Zoolook Forum

Jean Michel Jarre - Rolling Stone (French Magazine) - October 2018

Kanta - Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:16 pm
Post subject: Rolling Stone (French Magazine) - October 2018
Jean-Michel Jarre interview in Rolling Stone (French Magazine) - October 2018

Herr Dunkel - Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:32 pm

Thank you Kanta for the info!

There is an interesting statement in this interview:

"The last track, Équinoxe Infinity, was made together with a group at Microsoft that specializes in artificial intelligence. I added to the algorithm my "personal big data" made of samples, loops and sounds, in which the machine dug to generate a new result."

The rest is standard Q&A.

One of Jarre's statements is very inaccurate. He states that his Electronica tour was "made up of 250 concerts, with only 7% played in France"... All in all, I counted 73 Electronica concerts (45 in 2016, 17 in 2017 and 11 in 2018), out of which 10 were in France, that almost 14%... I can understand he doesn't know the exact number of concerts in his tour as much as the fans who follow his career, but there's a big difference between 250 and 73!

That's with this kind of exaggeration that we've ended up with "80 million albums sold" ;-)

melo - Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:53 pm

In the same magazine, has another interview with Frédérick Rousseau, he speak about Jarre, Vangelis...

https://www.rollingstone....seau-interview/

The Sound-Oven - Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:08 pm

I don't remember where, if anywhere, JMJ said himself he sold 80 millions. My understanding is that's what the record company says. As for the number of concerts, either he was misquoted, an error in that news article report! If JMJ was thinking without figures to hand then it may have felt like 250 concerts when actually doing them! no doubt he lost count :)

Herr Dunkel wrote:
Thank you Kanta for the info!

There is an interesting statement in this interview:

"The last track, Équinoxe Infinity, was made together with a group at Microsoft that specializes in artificial intelligence. I added to the algorithm my "personal big data" made of samples, loops and sounds, in which the machine dug to generate a new result."

The rest is standard Q&A.

One of Jarre's statements is very inaccurate. He states that his Electronica tour was "made up of 250 concerts, with only 7% played in France"... All in all, I counted 73 Electronica concerts (45 in 2016, 17 in 2017 and 11 in 2018), out of which 10 were in France, that almost 14%... I can understand he doesn't know the exact number of concerts in his tour as much as the fans who follow his career, but there's a big difference between 250 and 73!

That's with this kind of exaggeration that we've ended up with "80 million albums sold" ;-)

plate of chips - Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:24 pm

Herr Dunkel wrote:

Then you have to call into question sales figures from Michael Jackson, Elvis, Led Zeplin, Beyonce : you name it.
There's no point picking on JmJ.