Other (Electronic) Musicians - Pet shop boys

Big time - Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:00 am
Post subject: Pet shop boys
Any Pet shop boys fans in here??? :D

Im the worlds biggest PSB fan!!! :D :D (Thats no secret) :wink:

And I cant wait to hear the new album!!!! :D

Anyone else like them??

GeeJee - Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:21 am

Well I like 'em but I'm not a real fan. I have some compilation lying around I think, did listen a couple of times, nice stuff... :D
Christophe - Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:13 am

Yes, I'm a (great) fan of Neil & Chris. I can't wait to hear the new album "Fundamental"!!! And also the new single "I'm with stupid"... :D :D ;)

Greetzzz...

PMgep - Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:26 am

Love them! Have a lot of albums and I went to their concert in Gothenburg 2002. I was right at the front :D
Christophe - Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:27 pm

And it's music not only for gays (I saw many gays in 2002 at the "Koninklijk Circus" in Brussels for the PSB concert!)... :D :wink:

Greetzzz...

PMgep - Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:28 pm

Christophe wrote:
And it's music not only for gays (I saw many gays in 2002 at the "Koninklijk Circus" in Brussels for the PSB concert!)... :D :wink:

Greetzzz...

Music is for everyone

Christophe - Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:32 pm

Yep, PMgep... :D :wink:

Greetzzz...

GeeJee - Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:33 pm

That's just a lame comment... :P
Project_Z - Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:03 pm

Pet Shop Boys will be headlining the Marktrock Festival in Leuven, Belgium, on August 14.
:shock: 8) :wink:

Christophe - Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:24 pm

Yes, I know, Project_Z... :D 8) :wink:

Greetzzz...

Big time - Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:47 am

Party party party!!! :D :D :D :D

Great great show!!! :D :D

Can´t wait to see them again!!!! :D

"We´re the Pet shop boys"!!! You damn right you are!!!! :D :D :clap:

:party2:

Antigoon - Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:01 pm

Big time wrote:

I've seen both PSB and OMD last week...

PSB was a solid 7 IMO, but OMD was 12 outta 10...

Nico_Noyau - Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:12 pm

Über neat version of "It's a Sin" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__5MQBQHfos
Rent : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZvXseMZ70Q

Jon - Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:33 am

I still play these guys albums atleast once a week, specially there early material and such albums as 'Please' and 'Actually'. The expanded editions of these albums are great.
PMgep - Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:44 pm

Big time wrote:

I guess you vere at Tivoli as well :D Great concert

Big time - Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:25 pm

You damn right I was!!! :D :D :D

A great great evening to remember!!!! :D :D

And to do a concert in this amazing place!!! :D :D

Dr_Jones - Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:51 pm

New album "Yes" will be released at the end of next month. The first single, Love etc. is on youtube, great video and great song!
GeeJee - Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:17 pm

Thanks Doc! Gonna check that out right away :D

/edit: hmm... this has yet to convince me...

tinmachine - Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:40 pm

I saw the Pet Shop Boys at the Savoy Theatre in London in 1997 (the same week as the first Oxygene Tour at Wembley - what a week!) for their "Performance" concert, I think! Very good indeed, played most of their early hits, with a Left To My Own Devices encore.

Just returning to the Jarrelevance - I missed out on last year's Oxygene Tour, which is a shame as it would have been comparable for its intimacy.

I personally love their early stuff - in particular It's A Sin (take away the vocals and you have something which sounds like a JMJ hit!), Left To My Own Devices, Being Boring, This Must Be The Place I've Waited Years To Leave, In The Night (the Disco album version - 1980's BBC Clothes Show theme) and also the instrumental from the limited edition "Relentless" album called "KDX 125", which is so Jarre sounding at times, it's amazing!

Actually, Introspective and Behaviour are essential albums to have, in my opinion :-)

And their remixes of David Bowie's Hallo Spaceboy are fantastic too.

However, their Brits performance last week was a little disappointing, they looked a little worse for wear and the medley idea was cheesy. U2 (who I also like) were also disappointing...

Let's hope JMJ does better in May :-)

Dr_Jones - Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:33 pm

tinmachine wrote:

However, their Brits performance last week was a little disappointing, they looked a little worse for wear and the medley idea was cheesy.

The only way to celebrate a lifetime achievement award is to play as many songs as possible, imho. The medly worked very well, with Paninaro combined with Go West, Opportunities mended trough some songs, etc. Plus, the pink wig.

True, their later albums lost their charm, Bilingual and Nightlife could have been better, but Fundamental and Potemkin are masterpieces. I like Disco 4 (which is basically a best of of remixes) a lot. Finally got to hear the extended mix of Bowie's Hello Spaceboy. What a great song that is.

Christophe - Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:11 pm

Dr_Jones wrote:
tinmachine wrote:

However, their Brits performance last week was a little disappointing, they looked a little worse for wear and the medley idea was cheesy.

The only way to celebrate a lifetime achievement award is to play as many songs as possible, imho. The medly worked very well, with Paninaro combined with Go West, Opportunities mended trough some songs, etc. Plus, the pink wig.

True, their later albums lost their charm, Bilingual and Nightlife could have been better, but Fundamental and Potemkin are masterpieces. I like Disco 4 (which is basically a best of of remixes) a lot. Finally got to hear the extended mix of Bowie's Hello Spaceboy. What a great song that is.

Indeed, their performance at the "Brits" was a big succes! :wink:

Greetzzz...

Velodynamic - Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:37 pm

Why do I think that they're starting to sound more and more like bloody B.W.O fcol? :roll: :punch:
tinmachine - Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:08 pm

Bought the Mail On Sunday (UK) today with the free PSB CD included celebrating 25 years of their music. Really one of the better CD's since they've done these promotions (along with JMJ's Oxygene and Bowie's excellent "iSelect"). Had many of the tracks before, but it is still a great freebie.

Love the It's A Sin 12" mix. Jarre like song, but even more so in extended format - an Equinoxe 4 like sequence, Rendez-Vous 4 style mini-fanfare trumpets, an Equinoxe 4/Magnetic Fields 1 style choir break, and the odd Magnetic Fields 2 (live) style piano whizzes. Oh, and like someone in Houston would say, it's a great great tune!

Best songs on the CD - West End Girls (10" mix), It's A Sin, Jealousy, Being Boring and Flamboyant, although the new preview song "Did You See Me Coming" is great too...

I'm looking forward to March 23 (not the JMJ track, the date of the new PSB album), which is when I will have to decide on buying that or Quantum Of Solace... hmmmmm.... :-/

Jon - Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:23 pm

Crap, didn't know about it or I would have gone out and got a copy of the newspaper :|
Dr_Jones - Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:17 am

no problem, next month, it'll be 1 cent on ebay.
GeeJee - Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:41 pm

Yeah - there will be plenty of those on eBay soon - and I might just gonna fetch myself one of those too... :D
Equinoxe - Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:23 pm

I used to like PSB,the last Album I bought was "Very",Now they simply sound like the Village People with Synthesizers,The stuff they've churned out since the Mid 90s has been more like Camp disco music very cheesy pop crap.
GeeJee - Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:08 pm

Equinoxe wrote:
I used to like PSB,the last Album I bought was "Very",Now they simply sound like the Village People with Synthesizers,The stuff they've churned out since the Mid 90s has been more like Camp disco music very cheesy pop crap.

Agreed, but I thought Fundamental was great..

Dr_Jones - Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:44 pm

Equinoxe wrote:

Funny you mention Very. It has the Village People cover Go West.

But Fundamental? Disco 3? Disco 4 for that matter?

AnDrOiD - Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:11 pm

Equinoxe wrote:

Yeah, PSB is one of them acts that haven't been able to keep me interested. 'Nightlife' is my last album, though.

Christophe - Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:42 pm

PSB is still good for me! Better than most of pop crap nowadays... :wink:

Greetzzz...

Abi - Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:33 pm

The PSB will be on 'the one show' (BBC1) 7pm Wednesday night...

and Christophe.. you're so right.. so much better than some of the other stuff that even dares call itself music... :D

which will mean after seeing the PSB on tv tomorrow night, I'll have to pull my PSB collection out and work out why none of it is on cd or my laptop :-p

tinmachine - Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:24 pm

Thanks for the info Abi, I'll be watching. Have been adding all my PSB CD's onto iTunes over the last few days too! Have been listening to Fundamental the most - love the track Integral, and also a b-side to Minimal a newer version of "In Private" (which they originally did years ago with Dusty Springfield).

Also really love their new single "Love etc"... can't wait for the new album next week!

Christophe - Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Check "The Way It Used To Be" from the new album "Yes"! I like this song more that "Love Etc.". "Love Etc." is still neat but "The Way It Used To Be" is much better... 8) :wink:

Greetzzz...

Dr_Jones - Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:31 pm

I'm liking the whole album. Not as much as Fundamental, but I really love it. It's got a high quality pop music density comparable to Very.

And the bonus CD - Yes Etc. - is simply superb!

tinmachine - Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:37 pm

Is the album out yet - if so where? I thought it was March 23. Didn't know about the bonus CD either. I've pre-ordered it on iTunes as you get the Brits medley...

Just missed the One Show on BBC1 :-( have to watch it on iPlayer later!

Jon - Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:13 pm

The One Show was a bit poor. Im sure Chris smiled, but then again it could have been a muscle spasm as it was that quick. While on the subject of quick, they showed the video to Love Etc. . . . . . . all 20 seconds of it.
Dr_Jones - Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:56 am

At least they talked about 10CC, saw them this month live in my city, which was great.

Anyway, the album is not officially out... I won't say much more.

Big time - Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:33 pm

The new album is simply amazing, you almost can´t get better popmusic than this! :)

"The way it used to be" is simply a pet shop classic! :)
"King of Rome" is a beauty (so is TWIUTB :)
"Pandemonium" is fun, damn catchy and also a Pet shop classic :)
"All over the world" is problably the next single (if not Pandemonium), and it´s damn great!! :D Also a Pet shop classic :)

And I could go on.... :)

A true pop album that problably won´t ever get dated! :)

IMO that is :)

Dr_Jones - Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:32 am

I agree with The Way It Used To Be. Great song. I also love More Than A Dream and This Used To Be The Future (with Chris singing too!)
tinmachine - Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:18 pm

I absolutely love "Yes" - downloaded it today. I especially like the single "Love etc", it's absolutely brilliant, upbeat and catchy, and I think my other favourite after an initial listen is "Building a Wall" which has a cool bass sequence.

Have to admit, that considering this release as well as the superb Fundamental, the Pets output in the last few years has been somewhat better than a certain someone *ahem*...

Anyway, I think they are quite possibly the best UK pop group of all time :) (but I'm not counting Queen or Depeche Mode as pop!)

AnDrOiD - Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:23 am

Hmmm... sounds like more of the same to me. :|
GeeJee - Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:21 pm

It sounds pretty cool, but not cool enough to make me buy the album right away. I'll check it again in a year or 2, when it's in the bargain bins... :nod:
tinmachine - Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:05 pm

AnDrOiD wrote:
Hmmm... sounds like more of the same to me. :|

Yes - but more of the same can be a good thing - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Shame others didn't think like that 10-15 years ago... :P

As for bargain bin, *ahem* - I can think of another "duo" that appeared in a bargain bin pretty damn quickly! Enough said I think!

Anyway, back to Yes... listened to it a bit more, and am also thinking Pandemonium would make a great single, even though the first 20 seconds sound like an 80's version of the Doctor Who theme (at 21 seconds, I think the "wooowooowooo" line should kick in!).

And also "The Way It Used To Be" kind of reminds me of an Abba song, but I can't figure which one! But it's a great song never-the-less.

Jon - Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:01 pm

This new album is fantastic. Very synth pop, very catchy and VERY classic sounding Pet Shop Boys :bravo:

EDIT: Pandemonium does start off 'Dr Who'ish' with that bass. But the song to me would fit in a tv series. It has that feel to it.

TWIUTB is awesome.

Jon - Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:24 pm

tinmachine wrote:
And also "The Way It Used To Be" kind of reminds me of an Abba song, but I can't figure which one! But it's a great song never-the-less.

To me it reminds me of the ABBA song 'The Day Before You Came' from 1982.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9GzF7VJcKs

Jon - Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:07 am

'Yes' is fantastic. Far better than Fundamental, and full of the PSB quirkyness and popness that made them the house hold name today. Infact, this album is the best thing they have done since the mid 90s.
Jon - Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:13 am

Pet Shop Boys were on Channel 4's 'The Album Show' last night. They played two sets, Love Etc and Always On My Mind. They also had a brief chat with the shows presenter.
Jakob BC - Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:39 am

I heard Love Etc. a few days ago and now again today. Nice track and very catchy :D
Robi - Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:17 pm

Pet Shop Boys played their final concert of 2009 last night at the O2 Arena in London. The concert was filmed and recorded for release early in 2010 on both DVD and CD.

Hope JMJ's plan about this will go as smoothly as for PSB! About whichever 2010 concert...

Jon - Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:20 pm

That'll be a nice addition.
tinmachine - Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:09 pm

in case you didn't know (I only happened to spot it today doing some last minute shopping in HMV), as it doesn't seem to have had much promotion...

PET SHOP BOYS - CHRISTMAS EP
tracks:
All over the world (new version)
It doesn't often snow at Christmas (new version)
My girl
My girl (house mix)
Viva la Vida/Domino Dancing

price 5.99 UKP in HMV

it came out on 13 December

I've just downloaded it on iTunes - 3.95 UKP

The song It Doesn't Often Snow at Christmas is particularly festive, although perhaps slightly misforecasted considering the weather at the moment. The lyrics and music are festively cheesy, but with a hint of (possibly deliberate) irony. The song My Girl is really quite good... bouncy synth electronica!

Jon - Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:10 am

Looking forward to this "live" release set of CD and DVD from their London concert in December 2009.

Couple of nice gems in that list of tracks, such as 'Two Devided By Zero'

Pet Shop Boys - Pandemonium - Live

http://www.amazon.co.uk/P...ks_all_1#disc_1

Track Listing (CD & DVD)

Disc: 1

1. More than a dream/Heart (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
2. Did you see me coming? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
3. Pandemonium/Can you forgive her? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
4. Love etc. (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
5. Go West (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
6. Two divided by zero (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
7. Why don't we live together? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
8. New York City boy (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
9. Always on my mind (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
10. Closer to heaven/Left to my own devices (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
11. Do I have to? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
12. King's Cross (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
13. Suburbia (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
14. Se a vida é/Discoteca/Domino dancing/Viva la vida (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
15. It's a sin (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
16. Being boring (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
17. West End girls (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)

Disc: 2

1. More than a dream/Heart (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
2. Did you see me coming? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
3. Pandemonium/Can you forgive her? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
4. Love etc. (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
5. Building a wall (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
6. Go west (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
7. Two divided by zero (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
8. Why don't we live together? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
9. New York City boy (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
10. Always on my mind (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
11. Closer to heaven/Left to my own devices (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
12. Do I have to? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
13. King's Cross (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
14. The way it used to be (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
15. Jealousy (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
16. Suburbia (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
17. What have I done to deserve this? (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
18. All over the world (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
19. Se a vida é/Discoteca/Domino dancing/Viva la vida (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
20. It's a sin (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
21. Being boring (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
22. West End girls (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
23. My girl (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
24. It doesn't often snow at Christmas (Live at the O2 Arena, London - 21 December 2009)
25. Love etc. (Music video)
26. Did you see me coming? (Music video)
27. All over the world (Music video)
28. 2009 BRIT Awards Performance (feat. Lady Gaga and Brandon Flowers)
29. Audio Commentaryby Pet Shop Boys and Es Devlin

Dr_Jones - Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:40 am

Looks like a great set! I can't wait to listen to the audio commentary, they are hilarious oftentimes.
Big time - Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:14 pm

I´m also sooooo looking forward to this!! In fact I´m counting the days until it´s release! :P Even when I sleep I´m counting! Not sheeps, but Pet shop days! :D

I´m also really looking forward to see/hear Two divided by zero again! It´s absolutely fabulous!! (As the boys would say!) :D Also can´t wait to hear Do I have to? again. One of my favourite Pet shop songs :)

In fact, I can´t wait to experience the whole damn Pet shop concert performance again!! :D I saw them here in Copenhagen in December, and it was bloody great! :P

Yeah you guessed right, I´m a Pet shop boys fan! :P Haha

Jon - Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:45 pm

@ Bigtime - I'm sensing you have a liking for the PSB :mrgreen:
Dr_Jones - Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:51 pm

Big time wrote:
In fact, I can´t wait to experience the whole damn Pet shop concert performance again!! :D I saw them here in Copenhagen in December, and it was bloody great! :P

did you see their Roskilde performance?

Big time - Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:23 pm

No I didn´t get to see them at Roskilde :( But the second time!! YES!!! :D Hahaha

@Jon: You really think so? :D Hahaha Yeah I simply love them! Can´t deny that :P

Dr_Jones - Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:42 am

Their Roskilde performance last year was broadcast on TV, I think you can find it on the pirate bay.

On another note:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yes...=item53df47df94

:shock:

Jon - Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:21 am

Dr_Jones wrote:
Their Roskilde performance last year was broadcast on TV, I think you can find it on the pirate bay.

On another note:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yes...=item53df47df94

:shock:

That auction, what made me LOL was one of the questions asked about payment . . .

"can i pay by cheque or postal order"

OK, I can understand a cheque, but a postal order. Who in their right mind would pay for an item running into a couple of grand with "postal orders"? :smoke:

Jon - Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:47 pm

The new CD/DVD set has been released today. I picked up a copy this afternoon so I will give that a watch later.

Jon - Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Excellant concert . . . . . simple as!.

Brilliant use of mixing tracks together, such as the 'Pinaro' kettle drums during 'Go West', etc, etc. They chose a great selection of songs to peform. The concert never lets up for one minute. This is one of the best of the PSB concerts release on video. Very colourful, great sounds and visuals. Far better than the 'Fundamental' concert. Some funny moments too, such as Chris coming from behind his keyboards to "dance" (oh yes, you read that right) and his crazy looking rabbit big ears hat.

For the techies, keyboards in the rig were - Korg Oasis, Korg Triton Extreme, Moog Voyager, Korg Kaos and electronic percusion pads.

Dr_Jones - Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:35 am

Pet Shop Boys - live in your living room
Jon - Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:43 am

Dr_Jones wrote:

Cost of the taxi for the Pet Shop Boys - £13.75

Nibbles and snacks for the
Pet Shop Boys - £27.45

The bill for the
Pet Shop Boys turning up to perform in your livingroom - EXTREMELY PRICEY

Jon - Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:47 am

Dr_Jones wrote:

During last night's Sh*t Awards (I mean Brit Awards), they played snippets of this gig during the ad-breaks. Looks like they all had plenty of fun. But I was half expecting Neil to say somethinig either funny or sarcastic when he was walking out of the house at the end of the little gig.

tinmachine - Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Fantastic living room video - the most spectacular concert ever (with an audience of less than 10 people!).
And yes, I thought the intros to the ad-breaks were the best bit about the Brit Lady Gaga Awards! :-)

GeeJee - Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Jon wrote:
But I was half expecting Neil to say somethinig either funny or sarcastic when he was walking out of the house at the end of the little gig.

Me too...! I guess they cut that out or sth? (negative publicity?)

Jon - Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:11 pm

GeeJee wrote:
Jon wrote:
But I was half expecting Neil to say somethinig either funny or sarcastic when he was walking out of the house at the end of the little gig.

Me too...! I guess they cut that out or sth? (negative publicity?)

Neil to Chris - "Thank ***k that's over. Never even offered us a cup of tea. And their bloody dog p*ssed all over the amp"

GeeJee - Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:07 am

Or:

Neil to Chris: Right. Now I gotta go and have a big ass afternoon turd. Seeya!

Dr_Jones - Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:55 am

Another Greatest Hits announced. Personally, I don't need this compilation, since there's been a great one 7 years ago (PopArt), but the DVD sounds freakin' awesome! And there probably will be a new track on it (they twittered they have recorded a new song last week).

http://www.petshopboys.co.uk/
13 September 2010

Ultimate Pet Shop Boys

On November 1st Parlophone will release "Ultimate Pet Shop Boys", a "comprehensive greatest hits collection", featuring 19 hit singles in chronological order from "West End girls" to "Love etc." The Special Edition version will feature a DVD containing a series of classic BBC TV performances from "Top Of The Pops" and other shows recorded over the last 25 years as well as Pet Shop Boys' celebrated Glastonbury Saturday night headline show from June which the Daily Telegraph judged to be "one of the most spectacular Glastonbury moments ever". The full track-listing will be on this site shortly.

Oxygene - Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:34 am

Interesting to read, that they also performed at Xacobeo in Santiago de Compostela, a few days before Jarre...

Regards,
Matthias

tinmachine - Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:10 pm

Yes, there is a new track - called "Together" - and it will be released as a single.

Dr_Jones wrote:
Another Greatest Hits announced. Personally, I don't need this compilation, since there's been a great one 7 years ago (PopArt), but the DVD sounds freakin' awesome! And there probably will be a new track on it (they twittered they have recorded a new song last week).

http://www.petshopboys.co.uk/
13 September 2010

Ultimate Pet Shop Boys

On November 1st Parlophone will release "Ultimate Pet Shop Boys", a "comprehensive greatest hits collection", featuring 19 hit singles in chronological order from "West End girls" to "Love etc." The Special Edition version will feature a DVD containing a series of classic BBC TV performances from "Top Of The Pops" and other shows recorded over the last 25 years as well as Pet Shop Boys' celebrated Glastonbury Saturday night headline show from June which the Daily Telegraph judged to be "one of the most spectacular Glastonbury moments ever". The full track-listing will be on this site shortly.

Jon - Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:29 pm

My wife has got me the 'Ultimate' set for Christmas. The CD is not really why I wanted the set (apart from the newish single), I mainly want the set for the DVD.
Dr_Jones - Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:47 pm

Ultimate. Yeah, well, at least it has Together, but that's a single now too - with 2 new tracks too. The DVD is a lot more interesting indeed.
Big time - Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:37 am

Yeah the DVD is more than great! Love it! :D
Jon - Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:37 pm

I see Neil and Chris have a new album coming out in March.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/M...97204468&sr=8-3

tinmachine - Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:23 am

If Amazon have got it right, then it's potentially a very interesting album by PSB and looks to be quite different from what they have previously done:
(i) It's a double CD;
(ii) The album title has more than just one word (ie, Actually, Introspective, Behaviour, Yes);
(iii) The track listing is in Acts and Scenes, no unique song titles

tinmachine - Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:27 am

From petshopboys.co.uk

The Most Incredible track-listing
The track-listing and credits for "The Most Incredible Thing" album are as follows:

CD1

ACT ONE
1. Prologue
2. The grind
3. The challenge
4. Help me
5. Risk
6. Physical jerks
7. The competition
8. The meeting

ACT TWO
9. The clock 1/2/3
10. The clock 4/5/6
11. The clock 7/8/9
12. The clock 10/11/12
13. The winner
14. Destruction

CD2

ACT THREE
1. Back to the grind
2. The miracle - Ceremony
3. The miracle - Revolution
4. The miracle - Resurrection
5. The miracle - Colour and light
6. The miracle - The meeting (reprise)
7. The wedding

Performed by Pet Shop Boys and the Wrocław Score Orchestra conducted by Dominic Wheeler.
Produced by Pet Shop Boys and Sven Helbig.
Composed by Tennant/Lowe.
Lyrics: Tennant/Lowe.
Orchestrations: Sven Helbig.
Programming: Chris Lowe/Pete Gleadall.
Orchestra recorded in the Concert Hall of Polish Radio, Wrocław, Poland.
Concertmaster: Bartek Bober.
Contractor: Joris Bartsch Buhle.
Piano on "Help me" played by: Andreas Gundlach.
Orchestra recorded by Teldexstudio Berlin.
(Sound engineer and editing: Tobias Lehmann.
ProTools engineer: Tom Russbueldt.)
Copyists: Dietrich Zöllner, Jan-Peter Klöpfel.
Mixed by Bob Kraushaar at Acton Marina, London.

The album is released on March 14.

Dr_Jones - Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:31 pm

tinmachine wrote:
If Amazon have got it right, then it's potentially a very interesting album by PSB and looks to be quite different from what they have previously done:
(i) It's a double CD;
(ii) The album title has more than just one word (ie, Actually, Introspective, Behaviour, Yes);
(iii) The track listing is in Acts and Scenes, no unique song titles

It's a Tennant/Lowe production, not a Pet Shop Boys production. Just like the Battleship Potemkin soundtrack, which doesn't have Pet Shop Boys as performing artist.

I've got it pre-ordered at the official shop, the first 500 get a signed book.

AnDrOiD - Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:21 pm

Don't forget the new Human League album out on March 28th! :D
Jon - Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:04 pm

AnDrOiD wrote:

Is that the one done by the PSB? :pwned:

AnDrOiD - Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Jon wrote:
AnDrOiD wrote:

Is that the one done by the PSB? :pwned:

I only made people aware of other good music that is released in March. :punch: :pwned:

On topic, though... that Amazon album cover is incorrect. :pwned: I've listened to snippets on the iTunes Store, and it's not bad at all. :mrgreen:

Dr_Jones - Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:38 pm

Yes! It arrived in the mail today!

signed and numbered. I got number 100 8)

Dr_Jones - Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:20 am

Format

Pet Shop Boys will release a brand new b-sides compilation on February 6th, 2012, on Parlophone. Entitled "Format", it celebrates the duo's prolific song-writing and recording by collecting 38 b-sides and bonus tracks originally released on singles from 1996 to 2009. The album will be available digitally and on double-CD. All tracks have been remastered and the CD booklet features an interview with Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe by Jon Savage (author of "England's Dreaming" and "Teenage"). Design is by Farrow.
"Format" follows on from the 1995 release, "Alternative", which collected the duo's b-sides from 1985 to 1994.
Pet Shop Boys are currently working on their 11th studio album which is due for release in early autumn next year.
The full "Format" track-listing is as follows:
CD1
1. The truck driver and his mate
2. Hit and miss
3. In the night (1995)
4. Betrayed
5. How I learned to hate rock 'n' roll
6. Discoteca (New Version)
7. The calm before the storm
8. Confidential (Demo for Tina)
9. The boy who couldn't keep his clothes on
10. Delusions of grandeur
11. The view from your balcony
12. Disco potential
13. Silver age
14. Screaming
15. The ghost of myself
16. Casting a shadow
17. Lies
18. Sexy Northerner

CD2
1. Always
2. Nightlife
3. Searching for the face of Jesus
4. Between two islands
5. Friendly fire
6. We're the Pet Shop Boys
7. Transparent
8. I didn't get where I am today
9. The Resurrectionist
10. Girls don't cry
11. In private (7-inch mix): Pet Shop Boys with Elton John
12. Blue on blue
13. No time for tears (7-inch mix)
14. Bright young things
15. Party song
16. We're all criminals now
17. Gin and Jag
18. After the event
19. The former enfant terrible
20. Up and down

Missing are Je t'aime mais non plus, Sail Away, Vive la Vida and My Girl (the last two tracks were released on a christmas EP, so maybe that's why they don't count).

Dr_Jones - Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:43 am

The new single - Winner - is out now. The song itself is kinda meh, but the b-sides, especially the song A Certain 'Je Ne Sais Quoi' are fantastic.

The album Elysium comes uit in September.

Dr_Jones - Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:15 am

Listening to Elysium right now. It's a very moody album, very laid-back. It reminds me of Behaviour and Release with some hints of their late 80s work.
Dr_Jones - Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:10 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/orchestras/events/1218

Pet Shop Boys: In Concert LIVE on BBC Radio 2

with the BBC Philharmonic

Thursday 06 December 2012, 8pm

BBC Philharmonic Studio, The Studios MediaCityUK, Salford M50 2HQ
part of the BBC Philharmonic Presents... series

In an intimate performance from MediaCityUK in Salford, Pet Shop Boys will perform a one-off concert of their greatest hits with the full forces of the BBC Philharmonic orchestra.

Jo Whiley presents the show, which will feature a tribute to Alan Turing, the father of computer science'.

Pet Shop Boys
Jo Whiley presenter
Dominic Wheeler conductor

Tickets for this event are free and will be made available via a random draw. Please visit bbc.co.uk/tickets to check whether the ticket application window is currently open

30% of public tickets will allocated to residents of Salford.

Dr_Jones - Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:37 pm

And another new album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNliJ66WbbU

Planned for June 2013. The album will be produced by Stuart Price (Les Rhythmes Digitales, Zoot Woman and producer for amongst others Madonna's Confessions album).
They are on a roll!!!

Finaero - Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:47 pm

Great news! I became a major PSB fan in 2009 and I was seriously impressed by 'Elysium' - more or less one of their finest albums in the past 20 years... and indeed quite Behaviourish!
Dr_Jones - Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:22 pm

I'm not a big fan of Elysium myself. It's too moody, but then again, I don't think Behaviour is their best album either (Actually and Fundamental are my favorites, plus Introspective). I loved some of the b-sides they've not put on the album, though. But then again, if the Pet Shop Boys release an album below their standards, it's still a great album usually.

I'm very impressed by their track record. Last year, they've released a double CD with all their b-sides, which is a total of 38 tracks, if you didn't have them yet, a studio album with 12 songs, 3 singles with each 3 new tracks so in total 9 new tracks. A total of 21 tracks written for the Elysium album and now, a mere 9 months later they release an all new album! Plus, they've also finished 5 of the 6 tracks for their Turing concept album.

Finaero - Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:22 pm

Yeah, they're certainly quite productive. Even though I'm still yearning for the day they just might release 'Bounce'. Oh well!
Dr_Jones - Wed May 01, 2013 9:24 am

The first track of the new album is Axis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDCU17wXktY

Imho, it sounds fantastic!

Robi - Wed May 01, 2013 10:52 am

Man it's magnifique!

One of my favs by now.

Dr_Jones - Wed May 01, 2013 12:27 pm

Robi wrote:
Man it's magnifique!

One of my favs by now.

I know! I'm playing it constantly!

The tracklist is also revealed:

1. Axis (5:32)
2. Bolshy (5:44)
3. Love is a bourgeois construct (6:41)
4. Fluorescent (6:14)
5. Inside a dream (5:37)
6. The last to die (4:12)
7. Shouting in the evening (3:36)
8. Thursday (featuring Example) (5:02)
9. Vocal (6:34)

Elf - Wed May 01, 2013 8:41 pm

Their latest track is amazing!

I think this is the kind of track Jarre tried to do with Vintage, my favourite track of T&T.

However, this is much better. Are PSB really doing an entire instrumental album?!? Fingers crossed!

Finaero - Wed May 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Dr_Jones wrote:
I know! I'm playing it constantly!

Oh hell yeah. 8)

Yet I'm refraining from preordering the album... would be nice to have a 2CD version with the normal album as well as an instrumental version (as with Elysium). Still, nice of them to release Electric on my birthday >_>

Dr_Jones - Wed May 01, 2013 11:26 pm

Elf wrote:

I think this is the kind of track Jarre tried to do with Vintage, my favourite track of T&T.

However, this is much better. Are PSB really doing an entire instrumental album?!? Fingers crossed!

No it's not all instrumental, but they said it'll be more experimental. I think you can compare it to 1993's Relentless album which had 6 long tracks. Also, Stuart Price said in an interview that one of his favorite PSB albums is Disco, which has long tracks too.

Axis is a mostly instrumental track, but The Last To Die is a Bruce Springsteen song they've covered and the track Thursday features rapper Example.

Robi - Thu May 02, 2013 11:49 am

Elf wrote:

I don't know what was T&T going to be like, but is could either be Jarre or Hfken who ruined the album. T&T is not comperative to any PSB or other band's music. That is a nice piece of shit. Im unable listennig to this album.

Finaero - Thu May 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Dr_Jones wrote:
think you can compare it to 1993's Relentless album which had 6 long tracks.

Oh how it'd be great if they revisited that album in their current (or future) tour(s) - definitely in my Top 5 PSB albums (possibly even Top 3).

Or at least One Thing Leads To Another. But eh.

Analog-Umph - Sat May 04, 2013 4:58 am

Robi wrote:
Hfken

Who is Hfken?

Robi - Sat May 04, 2013 8:31 am

Analog-Umph wrote:
Robi wrote:
Hfken

Who is Hfken?

Look at the personnel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C3%A9o_%26_T%C3%A9a

Finaero - Sat May 04, 2013 5:20 pm

(You know, I still maintain that Aerology was worse than T&T. Even though I like Aerology a lot more these days than I did in the past! But... still)

Just found out that the recent PSB gig in Mexico was sort of a "warm-up" for the upcoming tour, the Axis/One More Chance intro sounds pretty good. ... And yet, if they dug that one up the could take a look at KDX-125 but eh, probably not :[

Dr_Jones - Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:53 pm

Looks like Electric is going to be one hell of an album. Reviews are raving so far.
The tracks that have been leaked are ace. Today, "Shouting In The Evening" has been leaked and man, this sounds great.

Swedish producer Moist (who remixed 'Vocal') did a small review including the Shouting in the Evening preview:
http://moist.se/petshopboys/

Dr_Jones - Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:54 pm

And here you can listen to Inside A Dream:
http://www.popjustice.com...terview/116349/

Velodynamic - Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:21 pm

I'm reading in todays newspaper: Pet Shop Boys - "Life is unfair"

Neil Tennant: "This is maybe the one and only 100% dance music album we have ever done.
I think you can dance to every single track", Neil says and Chris Lowe agrees.
"The album doesn't contain any slow parts. It's banging from the beginning to the end."

One thing that motivates the duo to make a dance music album compared to the much calmer "Elysium"
was a critical comment on iTunes where somebody wrote that the band should make harder dance music. This person now got his reply.
Above all the tempo is at its maximum on the track "Vocal" wich reminds very much of modern house music.

- "Vocal is the most euphoric track we've ever done. When we end our concerts with this track we're leaving the stage in a fantastic party", Chris Lowe says.

With "Electric" the band has returned to dance music with a modern sound wich, you might think, should make its way home to the younger public.
But the singles from the album including "Vocal" has hardly been played on the radio at all, a fact that the band has a hard time identify themselfs with.

-"It makes me very annoyed that we are supposed to accept that "Vocal" can't be played on the radio just because we are in our 50's.
I think it is deeply unfair because the track deserves to be played all over the world. But only because it's about us the radio stations are saying
"well yes, this is great but it's Pet Shop Boys". We are facing ourselfs in a situation where the music is too hard for British Radio 2 and where Radio 1
is not going to play us", Neil Tennant says as Chris Lowe interrupts:
-"Because they have a "fatwa" for everybody over 30."
-"Or if it's about Daft Punk whom are wearing helmets to avoid all that", Neil says and they're both laughing.

The question if it's possible to reach success if you're 50 plus returns time and again during the interview.
The duo faces the fact, with a twinkle in their eyes, that life is unfair. Although a serious dissapointment is obvious all the time.

-"I know that we're recieving a lot of respect but for the moment I think we are underestimated. I think that the tracks would have been played
a whole lot more had they been made by someone younger", Neil Tennant says.

Chris Lowe who is known to be the more quiet one of the two, but for once doesn't hide behind his sunglasses, is more careful in his statements:
-"During all these years we have thankfully had many of our songs played in the radio and we are ofcourse very greatful for that.
In the beginning we could never imagine how we would ever reach any success. So in a way it's a bit like a closed circle.
Now we are back where we once began", Chris Lowe says with a smile.

Source: Svenska Dagbladet
translated by: Velodynamic

Kanta - Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:58 pm

You can listen to the entire Pet Shop Boys Electric album here: http://www.guardian.co.uk...ic-album-stream

May not be available in some countries.

Finaero - Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Bought the album today. IMO, it's more or less PSB's best work this century. At any rate, it's definitely "Very" of the 2010s.

I'd rate "Love Is a Bourgeois Construct", "Shouting in the Evening" and "Vocals" as the best tracks on the album (for now!)... and I've got to admit, Fluorescent did bump up higher in my mental rankings when I discovered the intentional Visage "Fade to Grey" parallels ;]

Dr_Jones - Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:15 pm

I love the album. It's definitely one of their best. I love Axis, Bolshy, Last to Die, Shouting in the Evening and Thursday. They're perfect popsongs.

Notice all tracks are in alphabetical order? (Love is a bourgeois construct was first called just bourgeois).

Velodynamic - Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:40 am

Dr_Jones wrote:
I love the album. It's definitely one of their best.

Agree. After a rough start of the millenium PSB is back again. :)
I think Bolshy and Fluorescent are tiresome tracks but all of the rest I think is really very good stuff.
I'd bet Chris had one hell of a lot of fun doing this album.
The track Axis was called Electric from the beginning. EMS VSC-3 was used on that track.

Dr_Jones - Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Velodynamic wrote:
Dr_Jones wrote:
I love the album. It's definitely one of their best.

Agree. After a rough start of the millenium PSB is back again. :)
I think Bolshy and Fluorescent are tiresome tracks but all of the rest I think is really very good stuff.
I'd bet Chris had one hell of a lot of fun doing this album.
The track Axis was called Electric from the beginning. EMS VSC-3 was used on that track.

Bolshy is an earworm, it stays in your head never to come out again. Fluorescent reminds me of Visage's Fade To Grey, which is intentional.

Axis was written during the writing of the Elysium album, as well as Vocal and Shouting In The Evenin, but it got the name Electric, then Turn It On, only to be renamed Axis again.

Kanta - Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:04 pm

Listening to the Electric album frequently and can't make up my mind the best tracks for me. But if I had to really choose it would be at the moment: Axis, Fluorescent, The Last to Die, Thursday and Vocal. Great quality of music and the lyrics beautifully written!
Dr_Jones - Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:20 pm

Kanta wrote:
Listening to the Electric album frequently and can't make up my mind the best tracks for me. But if I had to really choose it would be at the moment: Axis, Fluorescent, The Last to Die, Thursday and Vocal. Great quality of music and the lyrics beautifully written!

Last to Die is fantastic. Have you heard the original? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYnDXSbrHa4 I'm usually not big on covers, but PSB have really made it their own.

I have the album on constant repeat for the past 2 weeks.

The next single with be Love Is A Bourgeois Construct btw. It will have 2 new tracks: "Entschuldigung" (an apology by the Boys for al German fans that they can't speak German, they wrote most of the Electric tracks in Berlin) and "Get It Online". Let's hope those will be as good as these 9 tracks are. I love the album.

Dr_Jones - Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:27 pm

CD, LP and Playbutton :-D

Kanta - Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Thanks for the link. I knew they credited Bruce Springsteen but never listened to the original. Both versions are great and quite different between the two. I wonder what Bruce thinks. Hope he likes PSB's version because there is everything to like for it.
jarrepaul - Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:06 am

It's an amazing album and you just hope Jarre can come back and have something this good. Loved The PSB's in the 90's. Not followed them since. This album just blew me away.
Dr_Jones - Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:26 am

jarrepaul wrote:
Loved The PSB's in the 90's. Not followed them since. This album just blew me away.

You should try Fundamental (2006), it's one of my favorite PSB albums. Yes is OK too, very poppy.

Robi - Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:55 am

Well I didn't buy the new album yet, but it's my plan.

It's amazing these guys still get the inspirations, motivations for doing these qualitative albums after 30 years.

Elf - Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:03 am

I reviewed Electric for a Norwegian magazine and my headling was "Yes, they're finally back!" so my opinion is that it's a fantastic album.

After the brilliant Fundamental (which was their first really good album since Behaviour) in 2006 the albums that followed were not that great. In fact, the album they released less than 10(!) months ago was a crapfest.

After hearing Axis for the first time, I got really excited, and the LP has now been constantly on my turntable in the past two weeks. Wish Jarre could whip up something this good.

It seems that me, and a friend of mine, are the only ones who don't like Love Is A Bourgeois Construct. It's even their next single. Don't know why, it's really bad. :-)

Dr_Jones - Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:18 am

Elf wrote:
After the brilliant Fundamental (which was their first really good album since Behaviour)

I thought Very was very good, but Relentless (the 6 track bonus CD what was sold with the Very limited editions) was even better. In fact, I think Electric is a lot like Relentless. Their b-side compilation album Alternative is also one of my favorite PSB albums.

And I think Love Is A... is not the best track on the album, but it has that anthemic quality in the same vein as Go West, Shameless and Delusions Of Grandeur.

Elf - Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:46 am

Dr_Jones wrote:
Elf wrote:
After the brilliant Fundamental (which was their first really good album since Behaviour)

I thought Very was very good, but Relentless (the 6 track bonus CD what was sold with the Very limited editions) was even better. In fact, I think Electric is a lot like Relentless. Their b-side compilation album Alternative is also one of my favorite PSB albums.

And I think Love Is A... is not the best track on the album, but it has that anthemic quality in the same vein as Go West, Shameless and Delusions Of Grandeur.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying that they didn't release good music after Behaviour. However, the most complete album after Relentless was Fundamental.

And yes, Alternative is among the best PSB albums. The fact that they can create a compilation of b-sides and turn it into a better album than most other artist can muster up speaks volumes, IMO.

Kanta - Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Love Is A Bourgeois Construct grows on you and has a very catchy chorus.
Finaero - Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:36 pm

Still my favorite track on the album after... hmm, 1.5 weeks already! In this time, Inside a Dream and Fluorescent have grown the most on me - and I quite like how Vocal is a "spiritual successor" of sorts to It's Alright.

(A bit of a shame that they released an instrumental disc for Elysium but not for this one. Oh well!)

Velodynamic - Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Kanta wrote:

Yah it's a very nice (and very gay) track imho. :wink: :punch:

Kanta - Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:22 pm

Velodynamic wrote:
Kanta wrote:

What part is gay, the title of the track, the music, the lyrics or all? :punch: By gay meaning happiness. :fine:

Dr_Jones - Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Velodynamic wrote:
Kanta wrote:

it's campy (like i said before, in the vein of Go West), but afaik it's about a very lazy person.

Velodynamic - Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:48 am

Kanta wrote:
Velodynamic wrote:
Kanta wrote:

What part is gay, the title of the track, the music, the lyrics or all? :punch: By gay meaning happiness. :fine:

It has the same BPM as Y.M.C.A, Village People (who's lead singer and song writer Victor Willis is not gay and never wrote the song as a gay anthem) and that manly sounding chorus and the way they're throwing in frensh frases into an english lyric. Although to me the lyric itself seem to be somewhat political there're other earmarks in the track. Personal opinions ofcourse. :P
The music for "Love Is A Bourgeois Construct" is inspired from Michael Nyman's "Chasing Sheep Is Best Left To Shepards" that was used as a soundtrack for the film The Draughtman's Contract (1982).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUMw5WZWYLo

Kanta - Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:22 am

Velodynamic wrote:
Kanta wrote:
Velodynamic wrote:
Kanta wrote:

It has the same BPM as Y.M.C.A, Village People (who's lead singer and song writer Victor Willis is not gay and never wrote the song as a gay anthem) and that manly sounding chorus and the way they're throwing in frensh frases into an english lyric. Although to me the lyrics itself seem to be somewhat political there're other earmarks in the track. Personal opinions ofcourse. :P
The music for "Love Is A Bourgeois Construct" is inspired from Michael Nyman's "Chasing Sheep Is Best Left To Shepards" that was used as a soundtrack for the fim The Draughtman's Contract (1982).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUMw5WZWYLo

I am in agreement with your opinions.

Finaero - Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Still really impressed by this album. LIABC still retains my #1 favorite track spot even though "Shouting in the Evening" is pretty damn close - I guess the former is more of a PSB pop anthem and the latter pure neat PSB electronic music (hooray for Chris Lowe!).

Anyway, the album ranks really high on my list of PSB albums based on how many of their tracks I tend to listen to (for instance, I tend to listen to every track of Relentless yet some definitely more than the others, but from Nightlife I tend to listen to merely 3 tracks and even then perhaps only one of them even somewhat regularly).

With this "sketchy" rating system I guess Electric is my 4th favorite PSB album after Relentless, Introspective and Actually (at the moment).

(And yes, still hoping for an instrumental version of the album. Damn Elysium for using up that idea first! >.>)

Dr_Jones - Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:02 pm

Finaero wrote:
With this "sketchy" rating system I guess Electric is my 4th favorite PSB album after Relentless, Introspective and Actually (at the moment).

(And yes, still hoping for an instrumental version of the album. Damn Elysium for using up that idea first! >.>)

That's a great list of albums. Those are 2 of my favorite PSB albums too.

Yes had instrumentals too, but they're on an ultra rare LP set. I'd love to hear Electric instrumentals too, yes.

Finaero - Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:11 pm

Also, the visuals in their latest tour do remind me of ... something.

I wonder what ;)

Dr_Jones - Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Nice!

Still waiting for the tour to hit the Netherlands.
Oh, by the way, the new single contains two new tracks: Entschuldigung and Get It Online. Both sound very Kraftwerk-ish.

Finaero - Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Yeah, they're pretty good. Definitely worth preordering the full LIABC single (out on Sept 30th, I think).

(Even though TBH, I think they took the "sorry, we can't speak German!" thing a bit too far with the really caricaturish mispronunciations... would be more enjoyable to me if the pronunciations were correct (I don't really mind the faulty grammar ;] ))

Dr_Jones - Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:24 pm

4 november will see the release of the new single "Thursday". One of my favorite tracks of the album. It will feature 2 new tracks:
'Odd man out'
'No more ballads'

Finaero - Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:15 pm

http://www.kcrw.com/media...pe=audio&id=mbe

Radio show (if not in that link, then in the playlist) featuring high quality versions of the Electric Tour versions of Axis, One More Chance, A Face Like That, Opportunities, Invisible, The Last To Die and Love Is A Bourgeois Construct. Very nice!

Dr_Jones - Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Pet Shop Boys @ Coachella

very nice of Coachella to put every performance online!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKj-tIz80oc

Dr_Jones - Fri May 02, 2014 7:38 pm

PSB are very productive, a new set of tracks released in the form of an orchestral concert this summer:

A Man From The Future

The opening night of the Late Night Proms will take place at the Royal Albert Hall on July 23rd, as part of the BBC Proms series, and will consist of music by Pet Shop Boys performed by the BBC Concert Orchestra conducted by Dominic Wheeler.
The concert will be in three parts. Firstly Richard Niles' 1991 'Overture to Performance'. Then a guest vocalist and the orchestra will perform new arrangements by the film composer Angelo Badalamenti of some of Neil and Chris's most personal songs.
Finally the orchestra will be joined by Pet Shop Boys and the BBC Singers for the world premiere of a brand-new work by Tennant and Lowe, 'A Man From The Future'. This is an evocation of the life and work of the computer pioneer and code-breaker, Alan Turing and is written for orchestra, choir, electronics and a narrator with a text based on 'Alan Turing: The Enigma' by Andrew Hodges who has collaborated with Neil and Chris. The orchestrations are by Sven Helbig. The narrator is still to be confirmed.

Neil and Chris said: "It is an honour for us to be invited to present some new music at The Proms and to celebrate Alan Turing 60 years after his death." Andrew Hodges said: It's just been wonderful working with Neil and Chris on this project.

Tickets go on sale at 9.00am on Saturday, May 17th, 2014, at www.bbc.co.uk/proms, or by phoning 0845 401 5040. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the Royal Albert Hall.
The BBC Proms is the worlds biggest classical music festival, offering eight weeks of world-class music-making from a vast array of leading orchestras, conductors and soloists from the UK and around the world.

Finaero - Tue May 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Dr_Jones wrote:
Pet Shop Boys @ Coachella

very nice of Coachella to put every performance online!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKj-tIz80oc

Video not online anymore (yet no problem to me, as I have it saved), but it's a great performance both visually and musically. Good to see that both JMJ and PSB have some performances available online for a limited time, if only it extended to past concerts as well ;)

Finaero - Sat May 31, 2014 9:01 am

Interview with the producer of the Electric album, Stuart Price, here:

http://www.uaudio.com/blo...w-stuart-price/

Even Jean-Michel is mentioned!

Dr_Jones - Sat May 31, 2014 11:12 am

There once was an interview with him and JMJ:
http://www.vdgeest.net/ja...65/music365.htm

Finaero - Sat May 31, 2014 11:20 am

Whoa, nice! Thanks for the link!
Dr_Jones - Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:43 pm

According to Mojo magazine, PSB are going to record a new album this November with Stuart Price again

in the meantime, enjoy A Man From The Future:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p023h95k

A 48 minute orchestral narrated piece about Alan Turing.

Robi - Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:58 am

I attended at my first ever PSB concert about a month ago in Budapest and I can say nothing but GREAT !

What a party they gave...lasers, lights.

One of my best (if not the best) concert experience.

Dr_Jones - Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:14 am

I'm going next month. Finally going to hear some of my favorite PSB tracks live (I'm Not Scared, One More Chance). I'm stoked!
Finaero - Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:20 pm

BBC Poll - Always On My Mind the best cover version.

http://www.bbc.com/news/e...t-arts-29791820

Totally deserved it, I'd even go as far as say that AOMM is the best pop song ever (but that's just me :] ).

Finaero - Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:26 pm

http://www.petshopboys.co.uk/pettexts/6046

Quote:
Surrounded by old tapes, DATs, CDs etc for a forthcoming reissues project. It's always interesting to see what forgotten gems turn up! Back to songwriting next week. Neil x

See, with newsposts like this (and taking a look at the band's back catalogue), I can believe that PSB are at least attempting to release old gems from the archives with the reissues, unlike someone else we know.

Dr_Jones - Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:38 am

Finaero wrote:
http://www.petshopboys.co.uk/pettexts/6046

Quote:
Surrounded by old tapes, DATs, CDs etc for a forthcoming reissues project. It's always interesting to see what forgotten gems turn up! Back to songwriting next week. Neil x

See, with newsposts like this (and taking a look at the band's back catalogue), I can believe that PSB are at least attempting to release old gems from the archives with the reissues, unlike someone else we know.

I'm very curious to know what will be released with the re-releases. The Further Listening series (Please, Actually, Introspective, Behaviour, Very and Bilingual remasters with an extra CD with mixes, unreleased and rare material) were very good. I'm hoping for a continuation for that series. And Please will be 30 years old next year, so that'll probaby get some re-release.

Dr_Jones - Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:03 pm

It seems there'll be a new album somewhere in march/april this year. Produced by Stuart Price again and Neil described it as being 'the most "up" record Pet Shop Boys have ever released.
Dr_Jones - Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:45 pm

Apparently, somethings going to happen on 21 january. Posters with (SUPER) are spotted in Berlin and London:

And the website is http://whatissuper.co
which has a snippet that sounds a lot like Pet Shop Boys.

But this is all speculation of course.

Dr_Jones - Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Aaaaand yes! Super will be the new PSB album. 12 new tracks and there's a preview track out called 'Inner Sanctum', produced by Stuart Price:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNLkcOqQSBM

Order CD and LP here:
http://www.petshopboyssho...shopboys/SUPER/

4 concerts in London, at the Royal Opera House and a tour next year.

First single will be Pop Kids.

Finaero - Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:30 pm

Inner Sanctum already sounds very nice, once again featuring a nice flair of Relentless. 8)
Dr_Jones - Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:02 am

Pet Shop Boys - The Pop Kids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JF3Gj8U0YA

Single will be out in March.

GeeJee - Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Meh.
Dr_Jones - Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:21 pm

Pet Shop Boys have recorded a song with French musician Jean-Michel Jarre for his new album Electronica 2 - The Heart Of Noise.
Finaero - Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:30 am

Wayne Studer wrote:
Terrific news! - In Graham Norton's interview yesterday with the Pet Shop Boys on his radio show, Neil said that, just as their first six studio albums (Please through Bilingual) were re-released in 2001 in remastered editions, each with an extra disc of bonus tracks, their next five studio albums (Nightlife through Elysium) will receive the same treatment in short order, with the first three tentatively scheduled for release this coming autumn and the remaining two slated for early 2017. (Please note, however, that Neil seemed uncertain about the timing of those releases, so those dates are certainly subject to change. His words were also a bit ambiguous as to whether the first six might also be "re-re-released" around the same time.)

Haven't checked the interview yet, but I have no reason to doubt mr. Studer on this one.

See, JMJ? That's how you make special releases.

Dr_Jones - Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:35 am

Those Further Listening releases were fantastic. I have the ones from Please to Bilingual and all of them are loaded with content. Some even re-recorded for the occasion (like some demos for Dusty and Liza).
Dr_Jones - Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:58 pm

Here you can listen to some snippets of the new album
http://www.mediamarkt.hu/...mediaType=audio

Quite shocked by track 1, which is too Country & Western for me. But strangely enough, it does work.

I'm getting the Pop Kids CD single in the mail one of these days! Can't wait to put it in my player!

Dr_Jones - Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:42 pm

At this moment part 2 of the 4 part radio documentary is on BBC Radio 2. Some interesting tidbit about a future episode:

Pet Shop Boys, Documentary Episode 4 of 4 (BBC Radio 2, Thursday March 31, 10PM GMT)

The programme also features a world exclusive preview of a new PSB-collaboration with French musician Jean Michel Jarre: Brick England.

With guests: music producers Stuart Price and Jean Michel Jarre, musician Johnny Marr, writer Jonathan Harvey, set designer Es Devlin, music programmer Pete Gleadall and PSB biographer Chris Heath.
Written and produced by Malcolm Prince.

Dr_Jones - Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:28 pm

Super will be sold in the PSB pop-up-store in London:

Last week we announced a special pop-up store in London to mark the release of the Super album on April 1st. We can now reveal that the Super Store will be located in Boxpark Shoreditch, Unit 26, Braithwaite Street, E1 6GY.

The Super Store will sell a range of new Pet Shop Boys merchandise, including tee-shirts in five different designs, iPhone cases, a signed screen print (edition of 100), badges, and signed Super CDs and vinyl (while stocks last). There will also be listening stations with B&O Play headphones so visitors can listen to the album.

The shop will open from Friday April 1st to April 3rd, trading 11am to 7pm (Friday and Saturday) and 12pm to 6pm on Sunday.

Dr_Jones - Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:05 pm

So far, I'm loving the album. At the moment, Super rests at #6 in my personal Pet Shop Boys album top 13. Top tracks include Burn, Undertow, Happiness and the Dictator Decides.
Finaero - Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:43 pm

I decided that I'm not gonna listen to any more already available tracks for the upcoming PSB and JMJ albums until the albums themselves are released... but I'll make an exception tomorrow for the PSB+JMJ collaboration track. ;)

(and the PSB album will be released on Friday anyway... hopefully my preorder vinyl will get here then, too!)

Dr_Jones - Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:42 am

According to my local recordstore they have the album today, so I'm going to visit them later today.
Finaero - Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:58 pm

Wow, apparently my vinyl pre-order was dispatched... today on the date of release. *sigh*

Burn is a really great track.

Happiness is actually pretty clever, and The Dictator Decides quite moody.

Twenty-something is like some kind of a hybrid between Magnetic Fields 2 and a late-1990s dance track. Sorta fitting, I guess.

I really liked Inner Sanctum when it was released early on, but I sort of stopped listening to the original when the heavy similarities to "Age of Love - Age of Love" were discovered. After which I've preferred this mash-up to either of those original tracks. :P

Aside from those... hm. Maybe they'll grow on me. Maybe they won't.

Kind of a lackluster release. :\

Dr_Jones - Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:11 pm

Finaero wrote:
Wow, apparently my vinyl pre-order was dispatched... today on the date of release. *sigh*

Burn is a really great track.

Happiness is actually pretty clever, and The Dictator Decides quite moody.

Twenty-something is like some kind of a hybrid between Magnetic Fields 2 and a late-1990s dance track. Sorta fitting, I guess.

I really liked Inner Sanctum when it was released early on, but I sort of stopped listening to the original when the heavy similarities to "Age of Love - Age of Love" were discovered. After which I've preferred this mash-up to either of those original tracks. :P

Aside from those... hm. Maybe they'll grow on me. Maybe they won't.

Kind of a lackluster release. :\

Try Undertow - it's an instant classic like Burn is.
The album is a grower and has its lowpoints (Groovy, Say it to me), but it has ended up at my 6th favorite PSB album (after Actually, Introspective, Fundamental, Electric and Please).

Finaero - Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:20 pm

Well, after a few hours of additional listens I currently hold these tracks as the best ones on the album:
Happiness, Twenty-something, Inner Sanctum, Undertow and Burn

(Included Inner Sanctum there even though I prefer the mash-up since Inner Sanctum is still a stronger track than Age of Love, and I prefer it to AoL separately)

So that's 5/12.

It's definitely above Nightlife, Release and Elysium, probably on the same level as Bilingual and Fundamental. At least for now. ;)

Oh, and I initially ignored Undertow due to the detuned synth bass, but now I've gotten used to it. Burn remains the best track. 8) (and the detuned bass makes an appearance there as well)

Velodynamic - Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:48 pm

I'm afraid to say that I'm missing something from the old (80's-90's) PS Boys and wants it back.
I could only hear about half of the media markt snippets though.
It sounds "experimental" and software geekish but I can't no longer find the incredible "hit" factor that they once use to have.
I always listened to their "best-of" vinyl and on my dad's old and tired harman kardon hifi system from the 70's wich gave it the right *oompff* to the older synth sound. :pwned:
The track with JMJ though could be a good re-boot I think. ;)

Christophe - Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:13 am

Velodynamic wrote:
I'm afraid to say that I'm missing something from the old (80's-90's) PS Boys and wants it back.
I could only hear about half of the media markt snippets though.
It sounds "experimental" and software geekish but I can't no longer find the incredible "hit" factor that they once use to have.
I always listened to their "best-of" vinyl and on my dad's old and tired harman kardon hifi system from the 70's wich gave it the right *oopff* to the older synth sound. :pwned:
The track with JMJ though could be a good re-boot I think. ;)

"Yes" is the last good album for me! All what came after that sounds a litlle cheapy and fast made. Sorry, I listen the later tracks (after "Yes") and I have no feelings or touch with it. I miss the PSB sound of the 80' and 90'. Then they make hit after hit but now they sound like every synthpopgroup. In the past I was impressed by the special artworks of the albums/singles but now it's nothing special anymore! And I don't mean the expensive releases of the albums now that they release in limited or special order. They release in the past those things in regular record stores for normal prices. :(

Although I like the collaboration with Jarre. Neil's voice is still special to me. :D

Greetings,

Christophe

Velodynamic - Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:24 am

Ok so I clicked the green button on my desktop and listened to the whole "Super" album, twice.
I found 3 tracks that I could rate as "decent". Those are The Pop Kids, The Dictator Decides and Burn. The rest feels like (if I may say) 'fast food'.
A bit of a shame as I really thought that they were on to something with the album Electric.
Insted of composing more hooks they just added more crazyness.
On the funny side with Super is the pattern of Twenty-something. Totally replica of Les Chants Magntiques part II. :mrgreen:

Christophe - Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:52 am

"Twenty-something" is the only song on the album that I can appreciate! :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe

Finaero - Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:51 am

One thing about "Twenty-something" that I really like is that it really sounds like a late-1990s dance song chord-wise... but is actually based on Henry Purcell's Cold Song. Even in their not-the-most-stellar moments PSB manage to put in clever and unexpected (to me, at least) references. ;)
Velodynamic - Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:01 pm

"Clever" or lack of own ingenuity?
Well they've borrowed stuff before so why be surprised... :)

plate of chips - Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:40 am

Dr_Jones wrote:
Super will be sold in the PSB pop-up-store in London:

Last week we announced a special pop-up store in London to mark the release of the Super album on April 1st. We can now reveal that the Super Store will be located in Boxpark Shoreditch, Unit 26, Braithwaite Street, E1 6GY.

The Super Store will sell a range of new Pet Shop Boys merchandise, including tee-shirts in five different designs, iPhone cases, a signed screen print (edition of 100), badges, and signed Super CDs and vinyl (while stocks last). There will also be listening stations with B&O Play headphones so visitors can listen to the album.

The shop will open from Friday April 1st to April 3rd, trading 11am to 7pm (Friday and Saturday) and 12pm to 6pm on Sunday.

:peacemaan:

I appreciate the info Dr. Jones. Was in Box Park PSB popup shop Friday.
Neat mininalist popup shop.

As far as album I preferred Electric produced by Stuart Price aka Jacques Lu Cont Less Rhythms Digitales.
Which is another way of saying Stuart Price did most of the music , PSB added vocals few bits here there.
Different from JmJ' Electronica where JmJ composed in different artists styles, artists added their part, JmJ completed and produced the tracks.

Super being PSB by themselves mainly sounds as castoffs from Electric or PSB trying to do Stuart Price.
PopKids is alright although lyrics rather amateur compared to PSB clever, memorable lyrics from their halcyon days.
Burn isn't too shabby fairly enjoyable.
Super is Lacking in imagination on the whole.
Tank is nearly empty.

PSB gave us some of the neatest Synth Pop , PSB can do what ever they want, they earnt it.

Finaero - Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:44 am

Velodynamic wrote:
"Clever" or lack of own ingenuity?
Well they've borrowed stuff before so why be surprised... :)

Well, mostly a subjective reaction since I totally thought the chord progression was a standard (yet effective) one from the late 1990s instead of an intentional reference to classical music. Shows what I know. ;)

I've also realized the similarities Burn has with Always On My Mind, similar to how Love Is A Bourgeois Construct from Electric has with Go West (and Thursday with West End Girls). Recreating the old hits, even if subconsciously, maybe?

@plate of chips: I think it's interesting to note how many artists are now collaborating with each other (to varying extents). JMJ with the Electronica cast, Vangelis with GZA, New Order with Iggy Pop, PSB and Stuart Price really hitting it off... it's like everyone's run out of creative juices so they need to stick together. Not a bad thing as long as the music's great. ;)

(Which sadly in Super's case, on my third day of listening, isn't really the case aside from select few tracks... such is life)

Dr_Jones - Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:00 am

plate of chips wrote:

Which is another way of saying Stuart Price did most of the music , PSB added vocals few bits here there.

This is the most absurd thing I've read regarding PSB and that includes the rumour that Pet Shop Boys got their name from a sexual practice which involves hamsters.

plate of chips - Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:09 am

Dr_Jones wrote:
Pet Shop Boys got their name from a sexual practice which involves hamsters.

You mean they didn't ?? :wink: :smoke:

Dr_Jones - Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:26 am

plate of chips wrote:
Super being PSB by themselves mainly sounds as castoffs from Electric or PSB trying to do Stuart Price.
Tank is nearly empty.

Also, this is the 2nd most absurd thing I've heard.
1. Super is produced by Stuart Price, and is the 2nd of 3 albums they're going to make with him. So Super is not them trying to be Price, it's Price producing their songs for a 2nd time.

2. Never have I've seen such a prolific band as the Pet Shop Boys. Since 2006 (the year Fundamental came out), they've released 5 albums, a scrore for a ballet and a musical play based on the life of Alan Turing. Plus two albums worth of b-sides and non-album tracks. This says something about the quantity, not the quality. But the albums released in those 10 years include Fundamental and Electric, both regarded as high-quality albums.

Oh, the Dictator Decides is based on a track by Vivaldi btw.

Finaero - Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:47 am

Fully agreed with Dr_Jones.
Velodynamic - Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:59 am

Dr_Jones wrote:

Oh, the Dictator Decides is based on a track by Vivaldi btw.

Yes it's Filiae Maestae Jerusalem Rv. 638.
You can recall it from the violin part.

plate of chips - Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:01 pm

Dr_Jones wrote:
Super is produced by Stuart Price, and is the 2nd of 3 albums they're going to make with him.
Super is not them trying to be Price, it's Price producing their songs for a 2nd time.

It really shows :nod:

Dr_Jones wrote:

This is the most absurd thing I've read regarding PSB.

Also, this is the 2nd most absurd thing I've heard.

Now these are absurd :punch: :wink:

Fan of PSB since (EEB)WEG.
Domino Dancing one the most memorable synth hooks. Love Comes Quickly for me the most poignant synth pop song.

Alan Turing totally dig it.
PSB performing Royal Opera House upon inivitation.
Definitely worth getting tickets.

Christophe - Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:15 pm

Even a big fan of PSB will take the biggest s**t as a masterpiece. They don't see that they are human like you and me and can make (big) mistakes! Nobody is perfect. :wink:

Jean-Michel Jarre have big masters**t too! I don't like so much the 2001-2007 era (Sessions 2000 until To & Ta) of him. :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe

Ziggy - Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:13 pm

Wow this album!
Totally blown away!
I think is even better than Electric.
It's like they have more "experience" making this kind of music.
Electric had three of four numbers still on my playing list.
Actually this has everything on my list!

The Dictator Decides is a damn good song.

Finaero - Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:10 pm

http://petshopboys.co.uk/...4/brick-england

I'm actually rather pleasantly surprised that PSB still remembers Brick England. Neat video, too.

Finaero - Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:48 pm

http://petshopboys.co.uk/...-04-04/reissues

Looks very much like we're getting "Further Listening" style special releases. ;)

Quote:
It is with great regret that Pet Shop Boys have to announce the cancellation of their re-scheduled L'Olympia show on June 5th 2017 because it has been brought to our attention that, under French law, certain integral parts of the show production, in particular the lasers, cannot be used indoors. France is the only country in the world that has this law and no other shows on the SUPER world tour are affected. Attempts to find a suitable outdoor venue in Paris have been fruitless.

Uh... what? Does PSB really use way more lasers than JMJ?

Christophe - Mon May 01, 2017 4:37 pm

Finaero wrote:
http://petshopboys.co.uk/pet-texts/2017-04-04/reissues

Looks very much like we're getting "Further Listening" style special releases. ;)

Quote:
It is with great regret that Pet Shop Boys have to announce the cancellation of their re-scheduled L'Olympia show on June 5th 2017 because it has been brought to our attention that, under French law, certain integral parts of the show production, in particular the lasers, cannot be used indoors. France is the only country in the world that has this law and no other shows on the SUPER world tour are affected. Attempts to find a suitable outdoor venue in Paris have been fruitless.

Uh... what? Does PSB really use way more lasers than JMJ?

Very ridiculous explanation from Neil and Chris. Jarre use a lot of lasers too and never got problems with that in France. :roll: :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe

Dr_Jones - Tue May 02, 2017 8:19 am

Christophe wrote:
Very ridiculous explanation from Neil and Chris. Jarre use a lot of lasers too and never got problems with that in France. :roll: :wink:

Guess who lives in France and who doesn't?

Finaero - Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:52 pm

http://petshopboys.co.uk/...logue-1985-2012

Continuing the Further Listening series from 2001.

Even though a lot of those tracks have been easily available in the Format compilation album a few years back, there's still enough new stuff to keep me interested. Of course, I already own the 2001 Further Listening editions. ;)

That's how you make a release, Sony. Kraftwerk and PSB are getting it done right.

shadow - Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:24 pm

Not sure how much of the Jarre re-releases is on Sony and how much on Jarre himself. But the lack of even a single bonus track on his re-releases is inexcusable. Well on top of the terrible remastering of course. Gotta give other artists such as PSB, Kraftwerk, Vangelis and Mike Oldfield a round of applause for that.
Dr_Jones - Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Quite some unreleased songs and demos this time. And also some things I've been looking for for ages (Don't Know What You Want extended mix!!!)

Looking forward to the Yes tracklists too. Let's hope that has the 4 "My Dad's A Birdman" songs they composed for a child's play.