Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Pet shop boys

Post Posted Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:42 pm
Christophe

PSB is still good for me! Better than most of pop crap nowadays... :wink:

Greetzzz...
Post Posted Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:33 pm
Abi

The PSB will be on 'the one show' (BBC1) 7pm Wednesday night...

and Christophe.. you're so right.. so much better than some of the other stuff that even dares call itself music... :D

which will mean after seeing the PSB on tv tomorrow night, I'll have to pull my PSB collection out and work out why none of it is on cd or my laptop :-p
Post Posted Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:24 pm
tinmachine

Thanks for the info Abi, I'll be watching. Have been adding all my PSB CD's onto iTunes over the last few days too! Have been listening to Fundamental the most - love the track Integral, and also a b-side to Minimal a newer version of "In Private" (which they originally did years ago with Dusty Springfield).

Also really love their new single "Love etc"... can't wait for the new album next week!
Post Posted Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:46 pm
Christophe

Check "The Way It Used To Be" from the new album "Yes"! I like this song more that "Love Etc.". "Love Etc." is still neat but "The Way It Used To Be" is much better... 8) :wink:

Greetzzz...
Post Posted Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:31 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

I'm liking the whole album. Not as much as Fundamental, but I really love it. It's got a high quality pop music density comparable to Very.

And the bonus CD - Yes Etc. - is simply superb!
Post Posted Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:37 pm
tinmachine

Is the album out yet - if so where? I thought it was March 23. Didn't know about the bonus CD either. I've pre-ordered it on iTunes as you get the Brits medley...

Just missed the One Show on BBC1 :-( have to watch it on iPlayer later!
Post Posted Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:13 pm
Jon

Likes received  : 1

The One Show was a bit poor. Im sure Chris smiled, but then again it could have been a muscle spasm as it was that quick. While on the subject of quick, they showed the video to Love Etc. . . . . . . all 20 seconds of it.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:56 am
Dr_Jones

At least they talked about 10CC, saw them this month live in my city, which was great.

Anyway, the album is not officially out... I won't say much more.
Post Posted Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:33 pm
Big time

The new album is simply amazing, you almost can´t get better popmusic than this! :)

"The way it used to be" is simply a pet shop classic! :)
"King of Rome" is a beauty (so is TWIUTB :)
"Pandemonium" is fun, damn catchy and also a Pet shop classic :)
"All over the world" is problably the next single (if not Pandemonium), and it´s damn great!! :D Also a Pet shop classic :)

And I could go on.... :)

A true pop album that problably won´t ever get dated! :)

IMO that is :)
King of smileys :D
Post Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:32 am
Dr_Jones

I agree with The Way It Used To Be. Great song. I also love More Than A Dream and This Used To Be The Future (with Chris singing too!)
Post Posted Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:18 pm
tinmachine

I absolutely love "Yes" - downloaded it today. I especially like the single "Love etc", it's absolutely brilliant, upbeat and catchy, and I think my other favourite after an initial listen is "Building a Wall" which has a cool bass sequence.

Have to admit, that considering this release as well as the superb Fundamental, the Pets output in the last few years has been somewhat better than a certain someone *ahem*...

Anyway, I think they are quite possibly the best UK pop group of all time :) (but I'm not counting Queen or Depeche Mode as pop!)
Post Posted Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:23 pm
AnDrOiD

Hmmm... sounds like more of the same to me. :|
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:21 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

It sounds pretty cool, but not cool enough to make me buy the album right away. I'll check it again in a year or 2, when it's in the bargain bins... :nod:
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:05 pm
tinmachine

AnDrOiD wrote:Hmmm... sounds like more of the same to me. :|
Yes - but more of the same can be a good thing - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Shame others didn't think like that 10-15 years ago... :P

As for bargain bin, *ahem* - I can think of another "duo" that appeared in a bargain bin pretty damn quickly! Enough said I think!

Anyway, back to Yes... listened to it a bit more, and am also thinking Pandemonium would make a great single, even though the first 20 seconds sound like an 80's version of the Doctor Who theme (at 21 seconds, I think the "wooowooowooo" line should kick in!).

And also "The Way It Used To Be" kind of reminds me of an Abba song, but I can't figure which one! But it's a great song never-the-less.
Post Posted Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:01 pm
Jon

This new album is fantastic. Very synth pop, very catchy and VERY classic sounding Pet Shop Boys :bravo:

EDIT: Pandemonium does start off 'Dr Who'ish' with that bass. But the song to me would fit in a tv series. It has that feel to it.

TWIUTB is awesome.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "

• 2020 Zoolook.nl