Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Blocked accounts issue

Post Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:11 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Dear all,

Quite a lot of members have been receiving an email in the past week stating their account got blocked as a result of multiple failed login attempts. The email also states that when this is not caused by yourself, you should contact the board admin.

We're currently looking into this matter and will keep you informed here. If it makes you feel more safe, you could change your password. On the other hand, the bots are failing to log in all the time. If you wish to change your password, be sure to pick a combination of digits and characters and not a simple word, initials or anything like that.

I have a few people looking into it right now, and that's all I can say for the moment.

Please do not email and/or PM me unless you have a specific/personal question...

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:37 am
Andy

Again, yesterday - 18:23 CET...

Although it might be a "pain in the ass of the users" as Nico argued, the easiest way to get rid of this problem is to implement a captcha-code.

To block the IP-range of this bot isn't a really solution as these bums can change the IP easily.

Just my two cent...
Post Posted Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:44 pm
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

Andy wrote:Again, yesterday - 18:23 CET...

Although it might be a "pain in the ass of the users" as Nico argued, the easiest way to get rid of this problem is to implement a captcha-code.

To block the IP-range of this bot isn't a really solution as these bums can change the IP easily.

Just my two cent...
If only that was that easy... the registration form is built in a very specific way, as it is based on phpBB, reworked by some obscure polish dev teams, which leads in a rather un-editable page.
I put 2 anti-bot filters, and I improved the restrictions in .htaccess I had written.

Let's see what happens now...
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016

• 2020 Zoolook.nl