Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Unedited Waiting for Cousteau

Post Posted Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:43 pm
Pat Gleeson

Likes given: 303
Likes received  : 16

Dr_Jones wrote: So in other words: the LP and the Cassette should have the same edit, but I said the LP has the same, but shorter, version as on the CD, so the cassette should have that too.
The cassette and LP have the same edited version, spanning the whole track - not just the first 22mins. of the 46 min. CD version.
Concerts attended:
Destination Docklands 1988
Paris la Defense 1990
Europe in Concert - Wembley Stadium 1993
Oxygene Tour - Wembley Arena 1997
Theatre Marigny Paris 2007
Oxygene Tour - NCH Dublin 2008
2010 Tour - The 02 Dublin The 02 London (10-10-10)
Electronica Tour - 3Arena Dublin 2016
Post Posted Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:28 am
AERO62

Likes given: 19
Likes received  : 53

qube wrote:This track is definitely the one I play the most of JMJ's work, no matter how crappy or stressed I feel it just sorts me out.
Same here :bravo:
Post Posted Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:26 pm
AERO62

Guys, I'm downloading the vinyl rip, turns out somebody had made it almost a year ago.. I'll put the links once It's done.
Post Posted Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Yes I have a 59, ..."something" minutes mp3 on my hdd. It sound very much like the one I have on CD (-97 Sony remaster) but in the mp3 there's a very distinct cut at 44' minutes and then the end part is repeated to fill out the gap to 59'10. :pwned:

Now I'm playing the vinyl on my turntable through my floor speakers at the same time as I'm playing the CD in the PC with my head phones on.
It's a bit spooky because they're both identical up to about 2'39 minutes and then something happens and they become different mixes.
Perhaps you can find the vinyl continuation somewhere further in the CD-mix but it's too hard to find out this way. :P
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:50 pm
AERO62

Velodynamic wrote:Yes I have a 59, ..."something" minutes mp3 on my hdd. It sound very much like the one I have on CD (-97 Sony remaster) but in the mp3 there's a very distinct cut at 44' minutes and then the end part is repeated to fill out the gap to 59'10. :pwned:
Yes, we've established that already :)

Anyway.. as I've said here before, even though it's extended like that. It still is a somewhat different mix, at least I think so because It doesn't sync up with the original it at all. Maybe the beginning was cut as well>? But then, if you pay attention, one effect is missing there. How could they do that? The whole track actually sounds like it's recorded from a tape.

Btw, you should listen to the 50min version, the link is on the first page. THat one is nothing like the others :)
Post Posted Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:17 pm
Trance007

I would like to add some mess (or maybe clean up the mess :pwned:)

I've uploaded 3 versions of WFC on the database
1) /MP3 - WAV/Albums-bootlegs/Singles, Remixes, Versions, Covers, Miscellaneous/Concerts d'images (En attendant Cousteau 74 min 26).flac
I got this CDR from a Jarre fan some years ago. I don't know if it's true or a fake.

2) /MP3 - WAV/Albums-bootlegs/Singles, Remixes, Versions, Covers, Miscellaneous/En attendant Cousteau 50 min 29 (from website Un espace pour la tolérance).ra
Real Audio file ripped from the Un espace pour la tolérance website, that Jarre sets up in 1996.
I ripped this file myself, so it's definitively not a fake.
This file was tagged "Concert pour la tolérance" by the website creator, which doesn't really make sense, but explains why there is a file named "En Attendant Cousteau (Concert Pour La Tolerance).mp3" floating around.
Yes, it's the root of the "50minute_tolerance" version. 8)

3) /MP3 - WAV/Albums-bootlegs/Singles, Remixes, Versions, Covers, Miscellaneous/En attendant Cousteau 50 min 29 (from website Un espace pour la Tolérance).mp3
Same as file 2, but converted to MP3.
Real Audio codecs are hard to find these days. :P

Now, if somebody could analyse these versions, and check if they are made of the CD, cassette, or contains new edit.
I would really appreciate it very much. 8)
Post Posted Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:47 pm
AERO62

Trance007 wrote:I would like to add some mess (or maybe clean up the mess :pwned:)

I've uploaded 3 versions of WFC on the database
1) /MP3 - WAV/Albums-bootlegs/Singles, Remixes, Versions, Covers, Miscellaneous/Concerts d'images (En attendant Cousteau 74 min 26).flac
I got this CDR from a Jarre fan some years ago. I don't know if it's true or a fake.

Now, if somebody could analyse these versions, and check if they are made of the CD, cassette, or contains new edit.
I would really appreciate it very much. 8)
That first one is cd + vinyl + something else put together.
Post Posted Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:19 am
Velodynamic

AERO62 wrote: Btw, you should listen to the 50min version, the link is on the first page. THat one is nothing like the others :)
The sound quality is not the best. I think it sounds like a "mish-mash" of various cuts from the original mixed together.
I could be wrong though. It could aswell have been produced later with the same type of gear and effects, randomly played in a different way.
If I understood it right wfc was a kind of automatic "random generator" with these characteristic samplings.

DJoA wrote:
Velodynamic wrote:
melo wrote:During the Concert of Monaco, this year, I listen another version, maybe 30 ou 45 min. With diferent mix with another Jarre's tracks.

Did someone record this ?
This one?
i was also wondering what this track was.... you know something more velodynamic? :roll: :roll:
Dr_Jones wrote:
Oxygene wrote:Waiting For Cousteau kicked in only 10 Minutes before the concert started. Before there was a strange kind of ambient music played, sometimes sounding like Cousteau, sometimes like Vangelis, sometimes accoustic, sometimes ambient-electro...
That Vangelis-ish part was the start of Christophe's La Dolce Vita, written by Jarre/Christophe.
Do I know something more? Not really... :wink:
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:10 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Velodynamic wrote:
That Vangelis-ish part was the start of Christophe's La Dolce Vita, written by Jarre/Christophe.
Not really... :wink:
The intro of this song was in the compilation:
Post Posted Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:47 pm
Velodynamic

AERO62 wrote:Anyway.. as I've said here before, even though it's extended like that. It still is a somewhat different mix, at least I think so because It doesn't sync up with the original it at all. Maybe the beginning was cut as well>? But then, if you pay attention, one effect is missing there. How could they do that? The whole track actually sounds like it's recorded from a tape.
I can sync the 59'' mp3 perfectly with my 1997 CD track. Same effects.
But as you pointed out it's not as clear on the mp3 and it's running a bit too fast.
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:14 pm
mikejarrenot

Does anyone have the 22 minute non CD album version as an mp3, out of interest? It is not just the first 22 minutes of the 46 minute version, it is a different mix.

Hello darren, are you refering to the vinyl version? - if so ,i have it ,and an ion usb turntable to convert it to either a wav or an mp3.
Let me know if you want me to make a copy, either on here, or facebook.
Post Posted Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:29 pm
tinmachine

mikejarrenot wrote:Does anyone have the 22 minute non CD album version as an mp3, out of interest? It is not just the first 22 minutes of the 46 minute version, it is a different mix.

Hello darren, are you refering to the vinyl version? - if so ,i have it ,and an ion usb turntable to convert it to either a wav or an mp3.
Let me know if you want me to make a copy, either on here, or facebook.
Thanks Mike, that would be brilliant. I have the cassette but no technical ability to make an mp3 of it! :)
Post Posted Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:34 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

I have the vinyl record and can have it uploaded between now and half an hour as a uncompressed format or a .MP3 :P
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:07 pm
AERO62

Here's a vinyl rip in flac at 96 khz, 24 bit (....)

/admin edit: you are not allowed to share any copyrighted material on this site.
Post Posted Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:34 pm
AERO62

Ok, I just found this footage before the concert and if you listen carefuly after 9:55, then you could hear the bits that aren't on cd version. I'm not sure if it's just an echo or not. And then the parts after 10:47 and 10:57 also sound new to me.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl