Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

In-Doors World Arena Tour 2011

Post Posted Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:22 am
Jon

Likes received  : 1

Am I missing something, but where in that video does JMJ say "techno" or even dance music? This comes over as another Jarre concert with improvements on lasers and video, with, what he says, some new tracks that he has not played on stage before.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:42 pm
jp8000

Jon wrote:Am I missing something, but where in that video does JMJ say "techno" or even dance music? This comes over as another Jarre concert with improvements on lasers and video, with, what he says, some new tracks that he has not played on stage before.
Tunes at the beginning and at the end is the reason, why I said what I said.

(and if I'm not remembering wrong, somebody wrote that new arragements of the songs will be played)
Master of copying other composers work.. subconsciously

My soundclick

Facebook

My youtube channel
Post Posted Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:32 pm
Pat Gleeson

Likes given: 303
Likes received  : 16

Jon wrote:Am I missing something, but where in that video does JMJ say "techno" or even dance music?
I hear what you're saying Jon.
The addition of Vintage to the tracklist seems to me a response to keep the concerts as upbeat as possible, rather than for artistic reasons.
For sure adding more reflective, quieter pieces is a risk, but one which would I'm sure be a more rewarding experience - for JMJ and the audience.
I'm concerned the tracklist is there for the wrong reasons IMO, and some of JMJ's most enduring works have been neglected in favour of the 'sure things'.
Concerts attended:
Destination Docklands 1988
Paris la Defense 1990
Europe in Concert - Wembley Stadium 1993
Oxygene Tour - Wembley Arena 1997
Theatre Marigny Paris 2007
Oxygene Tour - NCH Dublin 2008
2010 Tour - The 02 Dublin The 02 London (10-10-10)
Electronica Tour - 3Arena Dublin 2016
Post Posted Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:36 pm
Robi

We will know more after Sofia... :wink: (not the Loren)
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:49 pm
Jon

jp8000 wrote:
Jon wrote:Am I missing something, but where in that video does JMJ say "techno" or even dance music? This comes over as another Jarre concert with improvements on lasers and video, with, what he says, some new tracks that he has not played on stage before.

(and if I'm not remembering wrong, somebody wrote that new arragements of the songs will be played)
But isn't that music just for the benifit of the video?
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:49 pm
Jon

Robi wrote:We will know more after Sofia... :wink: (not the Loren)
That would be a suprise if she turned up :D

Post Posted Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:52 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

More aptly, the track in the beginning of that video is the Vitalic remix of La Cage.
Post Posted Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:53 pm
jp8000

Jon wrote:
jp8000 wrote:

But isn't that music just for the benifit of the video?
Could be so.

My soundclick

Facebook

My youtube channel
Post Posted Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:53 pm
Jon

Pat Gleeson wrote:
Jon wrote:Am I missing something, but where in that video does JMJ say "techno" or even dance music?
I hear what you're saying Jon.
The addition of Vintage to the tracklist seems to me a response to keep the concerts as upbeat as possible, rather than for artistic reasons.
For sure adding more reflective, quieter pieces is a risk, but one which would I'm sure be a more rewarding experience - for JMJ and the audience.
I'm concerned the tracklist is there for the wrong reasons IMO, and some of JMJ's most enduring works have been neglected in favour of the 'sure things'.
Orient Express is a nice upbeat track. The 'Images' version is brilliant for that modern day version and still sounds good today. That would be nice played live, along with Mag Field 1 section 3. This would be awesome live and could replace Mag Fields 1 section 1.

Post Posted Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:19 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:50 am
Jon

Seriously, he has highlights. . . . Actually, that suits him. Highlights and stubble, good look. Not many men of 63 can pull off stuble and highlights.

Post Posted Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:55 am
jp8000

Thanks K! nice article

My soundclick

Facebook

My youtube channel
Post Posted Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:43 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

Loving the highlights from the sun or other...

You are welcome, JP.

:D :D
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010