Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Remastered Albums 2014 and 2015

Post Posted Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:44 pm
melo

Likes received  : 1

The sound engineer David Perreau, posted on Facebook a photo in studio (Bougival?), Informing the remastering of the album Zoolook ....

The Jarre had said that their new album and their remastered back catalog would be released by Sony Music, is now expected.
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:03 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

You got a link to the account? Can't seem to find it...

I'd like to kindly ask him not to screw up these remasters like the entire previous bunch of albums were messed up pieces of garbage, and that's not counting his latest Jarre related fuck up called Singles and Rarities...
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:31 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Very promising notice. :)
Mr shadow stresses a very important point. The devil is in the details. Quality! Not quantity. :wink:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:32 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

https://www.facebook.com/david.perreau.52?fref=ts

I haven't friended him, so I can't see much of his posts.
Post Posted Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:52 pm
jeanbatman

Likes given: 10
Likes received  : 15

shadow wrote:You got a link to the account? Can't seem to find it...

I'd like to kindly ask him not to screw up these remasters like the entire previous bunch of albums were messed up pieces of garbage, and that's not counting his latest Jarre related fuck up called Singles and Rarities...
I hope that's why Jarre asked how the fans liked the mastering of E&R…

There is some hope for this not to occur a re-release but bonuses… #Dream :hypocrit:
Post Posted Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:00 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Oh, I seem to have missed the whole "Jarre's back at Sony" thing. Well, remember what happened the last time... >.<

Still, here's hoping there will be something better to wait for than what happened with the new 2013 Vangelis remasters. Still not expecting anything truly groundbreaking, but eh, time will tell.
Post Posted Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:40 pm
shadow

Finaero wrote:Oh, I seem to have missed the whole "Jarre's back at Sony" thing. Well, remember what happened the last time... >.<

Still, here's hoping there will be something better to wait for than what happened with the new 2013 Vangelis remasters. Still not expecting anything truly groundbreaking, but eh, time will tell.
Oh please don't tell me those are bad, I've been planning on getting them all for Christmas! The 2006 remastering of Chariots of Fire and the 2007 (and '13) remastering of Blade Runner are amazing! Didn't think Vangelis would let a bad mastering through when he'd be involved! :(
Post Posted Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:30 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

shadow wrote:
Finaero wrote:Oh, I seem to have missed the whole "Jarre's back at Sony" thing. Well, remember what happened the last time... >.<

Oh please don't tell me those are bad, I've been planning on getting them all for Christmas! The 2006 remastering of Chariots of Fire and the 2007 (and '13) remastering of Blade Runner are amazing! Didn't think Vangelis would let a bad mastering through when he'd be involved! :(
worse, he pulled a George Lucas, altering the original content. Elsew.com has a review
Post Posted Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:07 pm
shadow

Reading it right now:

I don't neccesary mind the changes that much (there's always the vinyl records which are mastered excellent), it is a bit of a downer that the original masters haven't just been re-released in higher quality (I think I have a general idea of what it will sound like now due to his modern work). But oh well, I was almost afraid that the Loudness War had taken over, so it's not that bad I guess...

Edit: Direct and Page of Life are completely uneffected minus some volume correction and equalization? Well good, those were the two I wanted the most anyway! :P
Post Posted Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:06 pm
melo

Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Post Posted Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:00 pm
jeanbatman

Likes given: 10
Likes received  : 15

melo wrote:Interview with David Perreau

http://en.jeanmicheljarre.es/interview-with-david-perreau/
I've registered to "Yakuda" as suggested in the interview, we'll see what goes ahead…
Post Posted Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:23 am
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

So he's the one responsible for remastering the 2011 Rarities release?

Um.
Post Posted Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:22 pm
shadow

Yes and that put a big dark grim over my current expectations of his upcoming fucku... Ehmm... I mean remasters...
Post Posted Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:07 pm
Robi

At least someone else - except Jarre - also mentioned the new album.
It has more credibility. Quoting the Spanish forum...
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:08 pm
melo

From Yakuda Audio Studio (David Perreau)

Live in China, Houston Lyon, Jean Michel Jarre remastering in progress! Amazing wide, warm and depth sound! A real new experience!

Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:

• 2020 Zoolook.nl