BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Emu Emulator II+ (and Jean Michel Jarre)
Jon 

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:23 pm   Emu Emulator II+ (and Jean Michel Jarre)

I picked up this week a 80s classic, Emu Emulator II+ in fantastic condition externally. Sadly internally she hasn't fared too well so I will be spending some time and money getting her back up and running. The unit was once owned by a musician who worked at the BBC and recorded with the Radiophonic Workshop for use in programmes so some of the disc's have FX material. Sadly due to the current none-working nature of the unit I cannot test the discs.

I believe JMJ used the Emulator II in ZOOLOOK and RENDEZ-VOUS.

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "

jarrepaul 

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:04 pm   

Nice

Jon 

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:42 pm   

I stripped her down this weekend and repaired, cleaned and serviced the Emu and got her working.

Build date. . .

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "

Jon 

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:45 pm   

. . . its alive! . . . ITS ALIVE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTH4QU5BdYs

Analog-Umph 

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:11 pm   

Sounds magical! :fine:
Are you gonna do any more videos Jon?

yay floppy discs :P

FredRx.Daniel 

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:43 am   

:D

JMP 

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:09 pm   

Nice buy, one my favourite instruments of all time. If you've got her up and working including the floppy drives, let me know and I'll send you over a couple of disks with Synthex sounds on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5abCRsx8ITk

Jon 

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:54 pm   

JMP wrote:
Nice buy, one my favourite instruments of all time. If you've got her up and working including the floppy drives, let me know and I'll send you over a couple of disks with Synthex sounds on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5abCRsx8ITk

Sorry for the delay in responding. If the offer is still available, I certainly would be very interested :)

JMP 

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:38 pm   

No prob, can give you them in Sound Designer format if you PM me your email or did you need floppy disks?

Jon 

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:06 pm   

JMP wrote:
No prob, can give you them in Sound Designer format if you PM me your email or did you need floppy disks?

I will drop you a PM :D

Reply to topic