Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Farfisa organ in oxygene

Post Posted Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:23 am
millau

I see on the instruments list of the oxygene album that the farfisa organ is used. But i can't hear any farfisa sounds on the oxygene album. Does somebody knows in wich part of oxygene this instrument is used?
Concerts:
Paris La defense 1990
Le Mont Saint Michel 1993
Bruxelles Heysel 1993
Concert pour la tolérance 1995
Showcase Teo and Tea Lint Belgique 2007
Post Posted Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:08 am
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 1

millau wrote:I see on the instruments list of the oxygene album that the farfisa organ is used. But i can't hear any farfisa sounds on the oxygene album. Does somebody knows in wich part of oxygene this instrument is used?
Lol I was thinking about this same thing about 3-4 weeks ago.
No one has been able to figure it out though.

Maybe it wasn't used as a sound source, more like a processing unit.
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:15 pm
jp8000

Analog-Umph wrote: Lol I was thinking about this same thing about 3-4 weeks ago.
So was I
Master of copying other composers work.. subconsciously

My soundclick

Facebook

My youtube channel
Post Posted Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:08 pm
Beelooo

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 4

I think Radek will certainly confirm or not, but audible in oxygene 5 , second part (fast one), on the left channel starting @ 6:10

C4 C5 C4 C5 C5 C4 C5 live played

and bass note on the right

Model is P222

Demo :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JViTRw5ALS4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph5lJPxQfZY
Post Posted Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:32 pm
Analog-Umph

It's certainly possible, I thought it was a sequenced Farfisa as long as a decade ago, but it's more likely the RMI. The organ sequence is exactly the same as the bass. It's a simple recorded output from the RMI. You simply record the arpeggio for both channels and everything is nicely synched. And you can improvise and cut the tape much quicker, ie to synch more closely to the already laid down Eminent sequence.

If he sequenced it, that would have been a nightmare to keep in synch with the RMI, unless he controlled both the RMI and the Farfisa with an external sequencer.

You know, listening to those demos, maybe it was used in Oxygene 6. It just feels like the more correct answer.

Maybe he combined the Farfisa with another source, so the sound comes from multiple sources.
Post Posted Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:24 pm
radek tymecki

@Beloo
no, in second part of oxygene 5 eminent was used for that sequence. it was not sequenced.
bass and bells are from rmi. bells with a lot of flange

farfisa was used in 1st part of oxygene 5 together with electric mistress. that mellow sound :)

appears at 0:25

or can be heard [together with eminent on my eq7 cover from 3:50]

Post Posted Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:59 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

You know, that one video posted earlier ( ) did immediately remind me of the beginning of Oxy5. ... then again, the part mentioned by Beelooo reminded me of that clip, so eh. >_>
Post Posted Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:03 pm
Beelooo

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 4

radek tymecki wrote:@Beloo
no, in second part of oxygene 5 eminent was used for that sequence. it was not sequenced.
bass and bells are from rmi. bells with a lot of flange

Hi Radek,

Of course, i'm not talking about the eminent sequence (on the right chan, clearly played live)

but after reading you it could be the RMI :

Bass note on the right, following high end organbells on the left (witch could sounds like an organ, of course Additive synth :punch: ). The only synth at the time that could do that i guess is the RMI, with his independent output

Radek, once again i know you could show us the light !
Post Posted Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:45 pm
radek tymecki

those all belly sounds are simply rmi thru mistress with faster lfo + maybe phasing
Post Posted Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:31 pm
Analog-Umph

The only part I never figured out about Oxygene is where the Farfisa fits in and the origin of the tinkles in Oxygene 5. Everything else is pretty easy to nail, both origin-wise and emulation-wise.

Are the tinkles ARP2600's S/H or RMI HS's arpegiator in random mode?
Post Posted Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:49 am
computerhythm

O5 intro is Farfisa almost exclusively. Sustained chords, run through an EH Electric Mistress.

Main sequencer stuff on O5 is RMI Harmonic Synthesizer throughout. Some embellishments were played manually (unless Jarre had this odd factory modification for external clock control of the arpeggiator which was withdrawn by the company as soon as it had become available).

Stephen
"If we have an enemy at all, the Control Process is that enemy. It is vital to short-circuit this Control Process." (Genesis P-Orridge)
Post Posted Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:32 am
Analog-Umph

I thought a lot of people showed how that part was exclusively done on the E310. Considering you need some sort of percussive glockenspiel sound to be layered along with the organ pad.
Both of which the Eminent has.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl