BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Remastersed Albums 2014 and 2015
Dr_Jones 

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:42 pm   

Chronologie 4 still has the skip-glitch at 2:09. Rendez-Vous sounds very dull compared to the 1986 CD. Chronology is also not an improvement. Haven't listened to the others yet, because I can't be bothered.

Finaero 

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:55 pm   

The Swatch beeps seem to start earlier than before in Chronologie 8 and appear to be out of sync. Boh!

[EDIT] Listening to Chronology with headphones on... man, the 1997 remaster sounds like ultra top-notch work compared to this. A shame, a real god-damn shame.

Robi 

Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:09 pm   

it may sound naive, but in everyday life, don't we make a final check before releasing our work, our result?

I will never understand the "master" , yeah it should be jmj, for chosing david.

Being really happy new album gets his final....."mastering".....

Jarreteam, anyway, fired Edith because she dared to say "it's a magnifique collaboration album" or "jmj was in Berlin at Sony". something like this. Minor "teaser" !!!
So this tells us a lot about jmj or fiona.
Edith did't leak the title or the artwork of the new album. And still...

Velodynamic 

Anti-bot filter: velody
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:07 pm   

Well OK...so we have waited 17 years for..."this"? Hah!
I'm so bored I don't even have the guts to look for the price tag on those so called "master pieces".
I stick to my old CD's thank you very much...I still like them I think...at least I use to. :?

Robi 

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:04 pm   

Btw, Aero succeded quite well in 2004...

Or not? What about its sound structure?

furthermore, these recent mistakes are only for remasterization???

I am truly curious for a sound expert's opinion!

Remastering mistakes happen more frequently for back catalogue albums than in the case of mastering a brand new material?

Robi 

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:35 pm   

some insight from David due tomorrow.
:wink:

kaiserkarl 

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:07 pm   

Robi - Are you saying that Edith has been fired from Aero Prod ? Please elaborate....

Jon 

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:11 pm   

I have seen these re-releases in my local HMV music store and I have left them on the shelf. So glad I have after reading many of the indepth comments on here. Comments are comments, but many are posted by those who do scrutinize the latest releases. If mistakes are there, they are there and they should not be there to begin with and you guys picked them up.

I cannot and will not support the artist by buying endless reissues of an album if the sales they produce prevent the artist from producing new material for fans to buy. The artist may wish to live on reissues, but as a fan, I do not. My apparent boycotting may sound harsh, but if we did that then that may mean the artist may put their arse in gear for releasing new material. It gets boring seeing the same album being released, rereleased, rerereleased.

It is now 8 years since we heard new material from Jarre and if the rumours are true that the posts being made on the offical Jarre Facebook page are not from Jarre, then what reasons do we have to believe 2015 is the year we are getting anything new if we don't hear it from the man himself. Hard to believe the last studio album was T&T from eight years back.

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "

Robi 

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:42 pm   

I will buy only Zoolook, to have the album on cd.

Anyway, it is obvious Jarre himself does not type anything on facebook. The management does. I have no problem with this method at all.

All these 50th re-issues....isn't this up to countless number of musical acts?

....Since jarre signed to a label, I think in fall of 2013, it was (or, should have been - for us) logical first step that albums get reissues.

Robi 

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:45 pm   

kaiserkarl wrote:
Robi - Are you saying that Edith has been fired from Aero Prod ? Please elaborate....

yes something like this was written by "erosmachine" on Aerozone forum. But I think jeanbatman can accurately translate.

Robi 

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:15 am   

David Perreau
13:37
David Perreau

Hola Robert podemos hablar?
Róbert János Gyurján
13:39
Róbert János Gyurján

Hello David! I understand english only.
David Perreau
13:40
David Perreau

Ok you are not from Spain?

Here?
Róbert János Gyurján
13:52
Róbert János Gyurján

nope I'm from Hungary.

http://www.zoolook.nl/for...ac6fd516#191219

this is the most active jarre forum. here you can read some pages from people having been listenned to new remasters.
David Perreau
13:56
David Perreau

Ok just to say that the remastered that had been done is the choose of Jean Michel. I can understand that you disagree this type of loudness but this was a choice because of the issues when pepos add song inside their playlist mixed with other songs... Old mastering version are available and again I can understand that you don't like... But again this is choice and in the other hand many people were complaining because sound was too small...
Róbert János Gyurján
14:00
Róbert János Gyurján

First of all. Sorry if my tone sounds a bit raw and "cruel" but, on behalf of many members, I don't understand those of mistakes occured for remasters. Is this something happens during remasterization on back catalogue albums only and not occur during the mastering of brand new material? I am not audio expert, this is why I ask.
Róbert János Gyurján
14:03
Róbert János Gyurján

Because, for example, back in 2004, Aero succeeded very well and audio quality is top!

This is why it's kinda weird what happened with recent remasters. Let's say, there are many parts in albums which sound good and even better...though, in general, we can face to those issues you can read on this forum.
David Perreau
14:07
David Perreau

This is complicated to explain how we did this work because it was very complex... Now remastering old material was only real compromise choices. And the first question was do we remaster to increase loudness or not... With many pressure about that was on the market and because many listeners were pushing too... Some of them doesn't want and other yes... This very different like doing this with contents new like we did with Aero... Again old mastering are still available that is why people can choose... So please don't be so hard on the messages that you publish on Facebook page:-)
David Perreau
14:08
David Perreau

Yes I know but again the old material were very complex to work with... Only compromises...
Róbert János Gyurján
14:09
Róbert János Gyurján

well, OK, David. I see more points on these reworks.

Once again, sorry if i was rude...
David Perreau
14:10
David Perreau

That is why I tried to contact you:-)
Róbert János Gyurján
14:10
Róbert János Gyurján

Merci !!

I don't wish to have those comments on your facebook page (Yakudaaudio)

so I delete them.
David Perreau
14:12
David Perreau

Merci:-)
Róbert János Gyurján
14:12
Róbert János Gyurján

lastly :

I hope jm's new album mastering will result as fine as for Aero.

Now I know : it won't depend on you.
David Perreau
14:14
David Perreau

How do you know that he is preparing a new album ?:-)
Róbert János Gyurján
14:14
Róbert János Gyurján

cause you will do your best.

How I know ? It's poetic question , right?

I'm 31, and following his works for about 15 years.
David Perreau
14:16
David Perreau

Ah ah:-) you will have some good news soon:-) I can't tell you more:-)
Róbert János Gyurján
14:17
Róbert János Gyurján

news portals, his social sites....but believe me, there are more active fans than me!!

David!

I am thankful for your input, time and overall help explaining things.

So I wouldn't bother you more. have nice Sunday afternoon.
David Perreau
14:21
David Perreau

Merci beaucoup! Have a nice weekend
Róbert János Gyurján
14:22
Róbert János Gyurján

Again, thank-you & looking forward to new musical productions.

Merci a toi! bye bye! ( i know french a little bit

Black Bird 

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:31 pm   

Thank you sharing. Interesting, but for me it`s no matter when it will be a new Album.
I "know" this year, and that´s enough for me. And I don´t buy remastered Versions, I love the old ones, and I don´t need new ones.
And about Edith....If there was (or is) a Lady with this Name who was (or is) working for him, These are only rumors. And also the reasons why she was fired. Maybe she done some other wrong things.
I think he was maybe in Berlin to meet someone special, a person who has nothing to do with Sony but with special events (?) :nod:
If he was at Potsdamer Platz, sure he will go into Sony and say "hello" :wink:

Domestos 

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:59 pm   

Finaero wrote:
They seem to be available on Spotify already.

Checked out Revolution, Revolutions - it's actually nice that the strings sound a bit more real and clear.

Buried in a bassy Loudness War mess, though.

Ah well.

Have had a listen on Spotify too.

I've found with these re-masters that I have to stick a limiter on my otherwise fine EQ settings, or my speakers distort - I'm assuming this is due to the 'loudness' removing any headroom.....

And there's really odd pops and crackles during quiet bits on WFC.

Finaero 

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:38 pm   

Well, I wouldn't really call AERO a better remaster (well, it is, but that's beside the point). A lot of it has too much channel panning going on and for that matter, I don't know why a lot of it sounds crispy. Not crispy as in sounding pretty sharp, but as if it was mixed inside a bag of crisps.

But David did sort of confirm one thing which is at the root of this remastering issue, that it's not really up to Jean-Michel even if he is said to approve of the remasters. It is up to the record company itself and they want it LOUD. It's the similar case with Depeche Mode releases, Playing the Angel is a classic example of LOUD and their latest live release just reeks of LOUD as well.

Which is why the Pink Floyd 2011-12 remasters just stand out even more, but of course, Pink Floyd is sort of one of those bands who are guaranteed to make money in any case, so they can afford getting beautifully remastered releases out.

C'est la vie.

(And boy does the rest of Fifth Rendez-Vous, eh, sink at 5:03 when the ... bassoon? comes in)

jeanbatman 

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:01 pm   

Robi wrote:
kaiserkarl wrote:

yes something like this was written by "erosmachine" on Aerozone forum. But I think jeanbatman can accurately translate.

No such thing was written… :roll:
It was only stated Edith would not respond to fans on Facebook anymore about the new albums… Maybe she's fearing some so-called "fans" distort reality.

Reply to topic