Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Remastered Albums 2014 and 2015

Post Posted Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:35 pm
Christophe

rinogurr wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Sobtanian wrote:The 5 albums arrived today from Germany.
Can you make scans of the backcovers and discs, please? Thanks in advance! :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
In the Spanish forum has new photos:

http://www.jeanmicheljarre.es/foro/inde ... #msg244610
Gracias! :) :wink:
Post Posted Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:35 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

The excessive reverb on the Revolution title track, Rendez-Vous being too fuzzy and the pitich-bending glitch at the start of RV2 (starts after the 0:16 mark), the way they mixed Chrono 1.1 and 1.2 (is there some kind of silence there?), the solo at the end of Chrono 2 which is too quiet, Chrono 3's too fuzzy and the clocks are suddenly very very loud, Chrono 4's glitch at 2:09, Chrono 8 has the Swatch alarm timed totally wrong (WTF is up with that??? weren't they using the right tapes?), Calypso 3's drums are too thin and something they did with the fade-out, like they put a lot of white noise with it.

Yeah, they are top-notch-work. Everyone should be happy with what they did.
Post Posted Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:37 am
Sobtanian

I'm going to listen to them all today, but yeah what you say Dr_Jones is so disappointing.

I'm sorry Kanta but there's no way you can't be disappointed with the pitch bending in the first minute or Rendezvous 2! Just listen to the original and this "remaster" and tell me you don't mind it.

To quote another fan, it feels like the original master tapes were left behind a radiator for all these years.

:(
Post Posted Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:09 am
Robi

Kanta wrote:Image

Listening to the remastered albums 2015 and I am happy with the results. I have no issue of any of the differences...!

But it is well known that WHATEVER jmj does or does not, you are always fine and happy with it....
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:24 am
Christophe

Robi wrote:
Kanta wrote:Image

Listening to the remastered albums 2015 and I am happy with the results. I have no issue of any of the differences...!

But it is well known that WHATEVER jmj does or does not, you are always fine and happy with it....
Even she will love the sound of the farts of Jarre on a disc. It's not a crime to choose what you like and dislike. But it's weird to love everything what Jarre does. Everybody here know that nobody is perfect and that we make mistakes from time to time. And an artist also! :) :roll: :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:41 am
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Dr_Jones wrote:and the pitich-bending glitch at the start of RV2 (starts after the 0:16 mark)
... Okay, just listened to that one.

Even when you take into mind that the remasters are LOUD because essentially that's what the record company wants (that and they're not doing this for old fans), that's just subpar work. Good grief.

To sum it up, Pink Floyd's 2011 releases and Kraftwerks' Der Katalog from 2009 count as amazing remasters. Whatever's going on with Jarre and Depeche Mode is far from it.
Post Posted Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:19 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Finaero wrote:Even when you take into mind that the remasters are LOUD because essentially that's what the record company wants (that and they're not doing this for old fans), that's just subpar work. Good grief.
I just let my girlfriend listen to it, totally not a Jarre fan and someone who knows not much songs. She immediately heard it.

Try the end of Chrono 8, where you can hear the slowed down Swatch alarm, for a real shocker.
Post Posted Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:31 am
Sobtanian

Dr_Jones wrote:
Finaero wrote:Even when you take into mind that the remasters are LOUD because essentially that's what the record company wants (that and they're not doing this for old fans), that's just subpar work. Good grief.
I just let my girlfriend listen to it, totally not a Jarre fan and someone who knows not much songs. She immediately heard it.

Try the end of Chrono 8, where you can hear the slowed down Swatch alarm, for a real shocker.
EXACTLY what I did with the wife, who isn't a fan either. She told me it sounded DREADFUL.

I'm going to hit Chronologie (why oh why is it Chronology now?!) 8 now... not looking forward to it.
Post Posted Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:35 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

If anyone is interested I have uploaded a photo album for the Remastered Albums January 2015 where the booklets can be seen:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... b6a614f08d

I will ignore the comments made by some here just because of my opinions. it is not a total loss completely. Yes, there are certain issues with the albums but not everywhere and I am still glad I purchased the albums. The booklets as you will see are very nice, imho!
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:54 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

The booklets are actually pretty good (possibly even better than the 1997 ones which were a bit too heavy on rambling at times), that's something.
Post Posted Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:33 pm
Christophe

Kanta wrote:If anyone is interested I have uploaded a photo album for the Remastered Albums January 2015 where the booklets can be seen:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... b6a614f08d
Thank you for do this effort. :)

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:50 pm
rinogurr

Likes received  : 47

The track title of Waiting for Cousteau in French???????? :shock:
Post Posted Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:02 pm
Christophe

rinogurr wrote:The track title of Waiting for Cousteau in French???????? :shock:
I saw it too! Look at "Revolutions" last track. It's "L'emigrant" instead of "The Emigrant". Though the rest of the tracklist is in English. :shock:

In other way nice and pretty booklets! :) :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe
Post Posted Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:21 pm
Robi

1) for techical issues, mistakes - blame David.

2) for compressed and loud sound - blame Sony / JMJ and the industry

3) once again, for technical issues - blame JMJ / management, who has chosen David and not paying enough attention by requesting David to be accurate.

4) booklets are good!
"I will release my next album at the end of this year"
Post Posted Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:11 am
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Well some of the more "poppier" tracks could have some benefits out of this kind of remastering e.g. some from the Zoolook album, Rendez Vous 4 or Revolution, Revolutions.
Calypso remaster 2015 on Spotify is spelled "Capypso". ;)
Waiting For Coseau is timed as 46:46. Is this the correct lenght of the track?
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE

• 2020 Zoolook.nl