Warning: include(/nfs/c08/h04/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/cache/board_config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c08/h04/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php on line 250

Warning: include(): Failed opening './cache/board_config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.6.21/share/pear') in /nfs/c08/h04/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php on line 250

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c08/h04/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php:250) in /nfs/c08/h04/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 546

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c08/h04/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php:250) in /nfs/c08/h04/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 547
:: View topic - oxygene 7-13 remaster
Warning ! cookie path is empty! Check in in the Admin Control Panel or set it in the PhpMyAdmin table: prefix_config - cookie_path row
 Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
oxygene 7-13 remaster
cactus128

Posted:    oxygene 7-13 remaster [ !!! ]

Hi,

Does anyone know if they are going to continue with the remastering thing and release oxygene 7-13 onwards?

Not a huge fan of the 2015 remasters, but i think this album would benefit

shadow

Posted:     [ !!! ]

I highly doubt a new remaster would be of any benefit to this album. The original mastering was already somewhat loud actually, (and starting with Metamorphoses it was [i]really[/i] loud). It wasn't terrible, but not really great either. The vinyl was rather good actually. Maybe someone here can offer you a rip of it.

Honestly if anything all of the remasterings have been rather worthless. They've admitted that they are loud and they don't really seem to care because the old CD's are still available through other means like ebay and thriftshops. I wish they went for new surround sound mixes or even include the singles like Vangelis and Oldfield have done with the last batch of remasters. But instead of that Jarre and/or co are treating these remasters in the absolute worst way imaginable.

Dr_Jones

Still bummed by the (lack of) quality of the recent remasters. Amazing that a good sounding CD als Geometry of Love is mastered by the same person who did these remasters.

shadow

GOL isn't all that amazing either honestly. But when I compare that to the newer masters. There a stark difference no doubt.

JiggyAlienEyes

[quote="shadow"]GOL isn't all that amazing either honestly. But when I compare that to the newer masters. There a stark difference no doubt.[/quote]

Still searching for this album and not wanting to pay 50$. *sigh* :oops:

shadow

I'm not sure what I payed for it exactly, but it was around that for the first release. Still want the regular release.

Finaero

[quote="shadow"]I highly doubt a new remaster would be of any benefit to this album.[/quote]

If only they had thought of that before any of these 2014-> remasters were greenlighted. ;)

Pat Gleeson

[quote="Finaero"] If only they had thought of that before any of these 2014-> remasters were greenlighted. ;)[/quote]

Amen :D

Dr_Jones

I admit the artwork for the remasters is good (Chronologie, Cousteau and Revolutions). But that's it.

shadow

No the best part is that they used a dying tape for the Rendez-Vous remaster and ended up having to pull that one and re-release it in no time to fix it. That was absolutely amazing for all the wrong reasons.

Dr_Jones

[quote="shadow"]No the best part is that they used a dying tape for the Rendez-Vous remaster and ended up having to pull that one and re-release it in no time to fix it. That was absolutely amazing for all the wrong reasons.[/quote]

absolutely. it's going to be #1 at the top 10 major f-ups with JMJ remasters.

shadow

And yet the guy keeps talking about how much he cares for audio quality and the sound. Yeah, how about... No?

Pat Gleeson

[quote="shadow"]And yet the guy keeps talking about how much he cares for audio quality and the sound. Yeah, how about... No?[/quote]

It's fair to say that Sony insist on the loudness of the remasters, JMJ shrugs his shoulders and let's them get on with it. He has very little if any involvement once he's finished recording. Those who are lucky enough to have VIP passes for the upcoming UK arena shows might be good enough to ask him about this and other things ?

jarrepaul

Does anyone have a vinyl rip of Oxy 7-13 they would like to share with me please. Does not look like anything else after Magnetic Fields is going to get a vinyl release.

[ REPLY ]