Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Electronica 2: The Heart of Noise by Jean-Michel Jarre

Post Posted Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:30 am
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

Promotion:

The ClubPlanet Interview: Jean-Michel Jarre - August 2016

RS: What would you like to say personally to all of your fans out here?
Jean-Michel Jarre: I would like to tell them that I wish I could go on with Oxygen and Equinoxe forever, but I think that it would be boring for them and for me. Electronica is a different project but if they listen to it carefully they will find a lot of narrative and a lot of close elements. I am thinking about tracks like “The Heart of Noise,” “Exit” or “The Architect” with Jeff Mills and also “Electrees” with Hans Zimmer and tracks like “Time Machine” with Boys Noize and “Stardust” with Armin van Buuren, all of these tracks are directly linked to my early work in a sense. Some other tracks seem to be quite different like “What You Want” with Peaches but if you listen carefully it is not that far off from the Zoolook ambiance that I did a few years ago. I would like to take the opportunity to thank all the great artists and collaborators who trusted me in this project and gave me the final cut.

Source: http://www.clubplanet.com/Articles/1122 ... chel-Jarre
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:01 pm
jeanbatman

Likes given: 10
Likes received  : 15

I agree with JM… There's no need to redo Oxygène et Equinoxe things forever… There are already lots of fans doing the job already with sweet covers and replicas…
Post Posted Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:50 pm
Dv_

Revolutions, WFC, Chronologie,... are not Oxygene, I won't tell these are boring albums. :roll:
The dance beat over and over again on almost every track since 20 years is boring. :?
Post Posted Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:41 pm
Kanta

Jean-Michel Jarre: Electronica
Interview by Scott Kahn

“I wanted to go into a more electro type of mood in terms of beat and sequences.”

Interview: http://musicplayers.com/features/keyboa ... lJarre.php

Via Jean-Michel Jarre's Official Twitter:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:07 pm
Kanta

Article by Le Figaro – 18 August 2016

Jean-Michel Jarre, free electron electro

Official video and article: http://www.lefigaro.fr/musique/2016/08/ ... lectro.php

"Derrière les tubes": "Les Mots bleus", or the birth of a long friendship

In the ninth episode of the series " Derrière les tubes", Philippe Dufreigne met Jean-Michel Jarre and Christophe, both artists who composed the music "Les Mots bleus". Both electronic music fans met in the bar of a recording studio in the night as they prepared both an album. Jean-Michel Jarre wanted to write a song for Christophe after a lengthy analysis. Their friendship was never off from this famous collaboration that gave birth to a tube.

Official video by BFMTV - 17 August 2016: http://www.bfmtv.com/mediaplayer/video/ ... 49695.html
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:54 am
JiggyAlienEyes

Kanta wrote:Article by Le Figaro – 18 August 2016

Jean-Michel Jarre, free electron electro

Official video and article: http://www.lefigaro.fr/musique/2016/08/ ... lectro.php

Really liked the first video. It was cool to see the stage setup from a more straight forward angle!
Post Posted Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:30 am
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Apparently Brick England is on the BBC2 radio playlist http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/playlist

Dunno how that works.
Post Posted Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:56 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Finaero wrote:Apparently Brick England is on the BBC2 radio playlist http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/playlist

Dunno how that works.
That's cool. And agreed, dunno how that works either. Shouldn't it be a single now?
Post Posted Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:31 pm
Kanta

Jean-Michel Jarre - Official Facebook - 19 October 2016

Good News : Electronica 1 and Electronica 2 both back in the charts in the U.K. : http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/da ... ums-chart/

Source:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:07 pm
Herr Dunkel

Likes given: 39
Likes received  : 10

I was looking at the SACEM site and found that some of the Electronica tracks have alternate titles or subtitles:

Electronica 1
- Stardust is also spelled Star Dust

Electronica 2
- Switched on Leon - subtitle: "A frenzy moonlight with Bob and Clara, switched on Leon"
- Circus is actually registered as Circus Minor (made me think of Pink Floyd's Cirrus Minor)
- Falling Down is registered as I'm Falling
Concerts: 2017: Upper Darby < 2010: Lille, Liège, Paris < 1997: Lille < 1990: La Défense
Post Posted Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:38 pm
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

Traces of "Here for you" spotted in "Your Move" by Phaserland (or, one could say it's the other way round as "Your move" is actually older)

Have a listen - you can hear the familiar hook at 0:06

It's apparently a Native Instruments FM8 preset (confirmed with both teams).

(P.S. have a listen to "Sushi on the Monorail"!)
Post Posted Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:00 pm
Josue143803

Play Here For you at 1.25 speed and raise the pitch up 5 semitones
It's like the exact same thing
Post Posted Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:39 am
Kanta

Electrees by Jean-Michel Jarre (featuring Hans Zimmer) played at Bastille Day 2019 celebrations.

Video:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Post Posted Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:29 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

After recently giving Electronica 1 and 2 a listen again, I have some thoughts I would like to share:

First, and most importantly: I really miss having a proper continuous mix like Electronica 1 has. The E1 continuous mix for me is the definitive edition of that album, where all tracks blend into eachother or are connected with intermediate pieces. It makes the album a unified piece of music. E2 doesn't have that and it feels for me like a collection of songs.

There were lots of extras with the E1 release: remixes, alternative remixes (JMJ version of Conquistador, Watching You...), the 3D sound files and physical single releases. E2 did have some 7" releases, but these only had the original songs (Exit and What You Want) or releases on those dodgy cd recordable promos containing radio edits. A missed opportunity if you ask me. I store my JMJ albums as flacs and mp3s like this: I have the album, then there are the related extended and single mixes and then the related remixes. For E2, this is almost non-existent. Maybe it is because it was released in the slipstream of E1, but I can't shake the feeling there was not enough time to properly do some finishing touches for the album. Or maybe preparations for the tour were well on the way.

Lastly: I find listening to E1 more pleasant. It is all a matter of taste of course, and I do think the highs of E2 are better than the highs of E1, but the lows of E2 are also lower than the lows of E1. Which makes E1 a more even record to listen to.
Post Posted Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:56 am
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

Dr_Jones wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:29 pm [...] A missed opportunity if you ask me. [...]
E1 was a missed opportunity as well if you ask me. We could have easily had instrumental versions (for those who prefer more "classic" JMJ) on the USB stick. That's like zero effort from the production point of view. I would have bought the deluxe box without any hesitation, because I'm always primarily after the music, not posters etc. So I just went for a regular CD instead (I did get the box as a gift from JMJ himself though!). For E2 we could have gotten at least the alternate Swipe To The Right (the one we've heard in the trailer, although a couple of different unreleased versions exist).

• 2020 Zoolook.nl