BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Oxygene 14-20
Dr_Jones 

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:35 pm   

Oxygene 14 reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4QSKk1SxKs

Steaser39 

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:52 pm   

Oxygene wrote:
Steaser39 wrote:
Go guys !

I'm New here. I have something for you, as I was in Nantes.
As you know JMJ performed Oxygène #19 for the very first Time there.
Steaser39

Hi Steaser39,

thanks for sharing the video.
Can you tell us, when Jean-Michel played "Oxygene 19"? Was it an encore or in the main setlist? Was it a "bonus track" or did he leave another track out? Just for my statistics...

Regards,
Oxygene

Hello
JMJ played Ox. 19 just before Brick England. He didn't announce the track. It was a surprise. He played Ox 17 also. The "encore" tracks were the same as for the previous shows.

Jote 

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:56 pm   

I think we need a separate thread for Oxygene 3 reviews so that people who are yet to listen to the album can avoid spoilers :)

Steaser39 wrote:

JMJ played Ox. 19 just before Brick England. He didn't announce the track. It was a surprise.

Did he mention it was "Oxygene 19" after the track finished or was it completely unmentioned?

Docklander 

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:14 pm   

I have heard all portions currently kicking around. I have not yet heard the entire thing end to end, so my comments are of course provisional on that.

I like Oxygene 3. I think it is pleasant listening and quite in the spirit of the first and original oxygene. Much more so than Oxygene 7-13 ever was, in my opinion. It has some of that same dark, moody depth as the original. Track 17 is really quite catchy. It's no Part IV, but then it's not trying to be. But it still is pretty catchy. I think this album is a graceful, well layered, and artistically successful closure to the Oxygene saga.

I don't however think that it is either spectacular or astonishing, and this is not criticism. The original Oxygene ASTONISHED me when I first heard it. Many things factor into that, of course. I was 12 when I first heard it. I'm now 53. And the world itself, as the saying goes, was young. Maybe my arteries have hardened for what astonishes me. But I certainly do think it is of good quality, and even if it should turn out to be the case that Jean Michel never creates another new studio album again after this, it would be a final bow that does his legacy proud.

Part of what hit me so much on the original Oxygene, was the melody of Part IV. Even a great composer like Jarre probably only gets one or two melodies like that in a lifetime. This said, Equinoxe was probably my favorite album overall, first because I like great melodies, and second because it probably has the closest resonance with my own emotional "character." I dissent from many Jarre fans, I suspect, by disliking Zoolook profoundly, though I can recognize its innovation.

So if there is to be another Jarre album in the future, I would still hope for a volume 2 in the "Equinoxe" mood. Highly melodic, deeply emotional. I wouldn't want him to do the same thing again, but it is like Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells sequels. Each is sufficiently similar and yet sufficiently different from the previous ones. Mind you...*he* might have taken it a bit too far!

These are just my personal opinions. Your thoughts are welcome.

Oxygene 

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:27 pm   

Steaser39 wrote:
Oxygene wrote:
Steaser39 wrote:
Go guys !

I'm New here. I have something for you, as I was in Nantes.
As you know JMJ performed Oxygène #19 for the very first Time there.
Steaser39

Hi Steaser39,

thanks for sharing the video.
Can you tell us, when Jean-Michel played "Oxygene 19"? Was it an encore or in the main setlist? Was it a "bonus track" or did he leave another track out? Just for my statistics...

Regards,
Oxygene

Hello
JMJ played Ox. 19 just before Brick England. He didn't announce the track. It was a surprise. He played Ox 17 also. The "encore" tracks were the same as for the previous shows.

Hello Steaser39,

thanks a lot for this information!

Best regards,
Oxygene
Zurich/10 Oberh.,Stuttg.,Bamb.,Munich,Mannh.,
Strasb.,Oslo/11 Monaco,Frankf.,Dortm.,Cologne,
Treves, Munich,Zurich/16/17 Frankf.,Berlin,
Düsseld.,Nuremb.,Münster,Berlin,Bonn

Steaser39 

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:13 pm   

Jote wrote:
I think we need a separate thread for Oxygene 3 reviews so that people who are yet to listen to the album can avoid spoilers :)

Steaser39 wrote:

JMJ played Ox. 19 just before Brick England. He didn't announce the track. It was a surprise.

Did he mention it was "Oxygene 19" after the track finished or was it completely unmentioned?

Hello,
No, JMJ said nothing about the track. I guessed it was Ox.#19 and I got confirmation by fans who attented to the preview in Paris last week. ;)

jeanbatman 

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:27 pm   

Jote wrote:

Yes. I'm always interested in what people think of the music itself.

Steaser39 

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:33 pm   

Hi Guys !
Ox.3 and the Trilogy are noow available on iTunes ! Check it out ! ^^

Yours sincerely,

shadow 

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:39 pm   

Jarreshair wrote:
Well my CD won't arrive from Amazon UK until next week, but I believe I will get the MP3 album in Amazon Music tomorrow. It's sounding better than I first thought, but I obviously need to hear the whole thing a few times.

I'm Dutch so technically I'm not entitled to the Amazon download, but I'll try through a VPN.
Edit: Nope, it's linked to my Credit Card which isn't compatible with the Audio Rip. Well this sucks :P

Edit 2: Amazon states I'll probably get my packaging the 6th. Which sucks, but not that long a delay...

ralf 

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:29 am   

Oxy 3 out on Spotify.

Velodynamic 

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:48 am   

ralf wrote:
Oxy 3 out on Spotify.

I refuse to listen :punch: but hell yes, confirmed. :P

kubrick 

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:38 am   

Very nice album. But this has absolutely nothing to do with the original oxygene. Same with oxygene 7-13. Just a record company pressure. They want sales and making money. The record company is the employer of the artist. And they decide. No record company? No records, No concerts, no promotion and no money for the artist. That's actually for every artist with a contract in a record company. In fact they even decide (record company) how it should sound. That's the harsh reality.

It is a good album.

But Oxygene was already complete since 1976.

ralf 

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:59 am   

For me Teo&Tea, Electronica 1 and 2 is fucking SHIT but:

Oxygene 3 is really GOOD.

I love slowly, minimalistic sounds without lead "sweet" melody. This album is for me. Thanks JMJ. Good job.

synthmann 

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:32 am   

shadow wrote:
Jarreshair wrote:
Well my CD won't arrive from Amazon UK until next week, but I believe I will get the MP3 album in Amazon Music tomorrow. It's sounding better than I first thought, but I obviously need to hear the whole thing a few times.

I'm Dutch so technically I'm not entitled to the Amazon download, but I'll try through a VPN.
Edit: Nope, it's linked to my Credit Card which isn't compatible with the Audio Rip. Well this sucks :P

Edit 2: Amazon states I'll probably get my packaging the 6th. Which sucks, but not that long a delay...

I also ordered on amazon (the German site) and the order status info has been nothing but confusing and contradictory. On the main page it would say delivery on release date and for two days now already 'shipping today', whereas on the tracking page it says shipping on the 5th and delivery 7/8. I filed a complaint as this is not what I expect in 2016 from online retailers.

I was also hoping to be able to at least listen to the album using the 1 month trial of amazon prime, but whatever link I try to click I don't end up on a site or app that enables me to listen to music. I put that in my complaint, too. what a mess.

So I'll just have to wait.

Brendan 

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:47 am   

I love the new album, but I really wish they'd fix the artwork for digital versions of the Trilogy set. They've screwed up the aspect ratio so the globe looks like an egg 🙄

Reply to topic