BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Oxygene 7
Author Message
Glco8284 

Age: 34
Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 207
Location: Rotterdam
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:05 am   Oxygene 7

does anyone notice that Oxygene 10 is playing in the intro of oxygene 10

listen it with good headphones and no near noise so you can hear it.

Proof i am right pls because nobody on fb believes me!!!
 
Dr_Jones 


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 3753
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:15 am   

The original had that too.
_________________
KHDownloads
 
shadow 


Age: 28
Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 1638
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:43 pm   Re: Oxygene 7

Glco8284 wrote:
does anyone notice that Oxygene 10 is playing in the intro of oxygene 10

listen it with good headphones and no near noise so you can hear it.

Proof i am right pls because nobody on fb believes me!!!


Well usually a song plays its own intro! :punch:
_________________
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
 
1906 

Age: 44
Joined: 16 Jun 2007
Posts: 757
Location: nl
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:53 pm   Re: Oxygene 7

shadow wrote:
Glco8284 wrote:
does anyone notice that Oxygene 10 is playing in the intro of oxygene 10

listen it with good headphones and no near noise so you can hear it.

Proof i am right pls because nobody on fb believes me!!!


Well usually a song plays its own intro! :punch:


Endings normally happen at the end. But as we all know, endings are just beginnings. You know, once these things really get started, it's jolly hard to stop them again.
_________________
:q!
 
1906 

Age: 44
Joined: 16 Jun 2007
Posts: 757
Location: nl
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:14 pm   Re: Oxygene 7

Glco8284 wrote:
does anyone notice that Oxygene 10 is playing in the intro of oxygene 7

listen it with good headphones and no near noise so you can hear it.


You are completely right.
It sounds like it has been recorded on analogue tape which has been stored on a shelf too long

Quote:

Proof i am right pls because nobody on fb believes me!!!


People on facebook are douche bags.
_________________
:q!
 
Finaero 


Age: 31
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 5341
Location: Finland
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:24 pm   

Holy. S***. Almost 20 years since that album was released (thus the time I've listened to the album) and I've never noticed that. Now that's a heck of an easter egg!

CD audio amplified in Audacity between the laser harp sounds:
[link be gone!]
  
 
1906 

Age: 44
Joined: 16 Jun 2007
Posts: 757
Location: nl
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:31 pm   

Finaero wrote:
Holy. S***. Almost 20 years since that album was released (thus the time I've listened to the album) and I've never noticed that. Now that's a heck of an easter egg!


Unbelievable...
it's not an easter egg. i's just an error.
_________________
:q!
 
Jakob BC 
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert


Age: 31
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 11826
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:48 pm   

Woah - I really had to focus to find it - playing it over and over Again, and suddently I could hear it.

Well thank the lord for great headphones.
If a normal speaker is a door - headphones is like opening the door and see what's behind it.
It is amazing how far deeper into the soundscape you can go, compared to the experience with speakers.

Well nice find - I would never have heard it unless you said it was there somewhere.
 
shadow 


Age: 28
Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 1638
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:17 am   

Finaero wrote:
Holy. S***. Almost 20 years since that album was released (thus the time I've listened to the album) and I've never noticed that. Now that's a heck of an easter egg!

CD audio amplified in Audacity between the laser harp sounds:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15991411/mp3/Bandwidth/Oxpiracy7.wav


Possible some bleed through from the magnetic tape in some way? Because it doesn't really sound like it should be there. But that's just me :P
_________________
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
 
Velodynamic 


Age: 44
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 8123
Location: Sweden, far north
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:51 am   

I can't hear it. Though I do hear some kind of strange white noise.

Maybe someone played part 10 in an other room or listened through headphones while JMJ recorded the laser harp section?
My mind always starts spinning every time errors like these occurs on an album. :mrgreen:
_________________
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
  
 
Josue143803 


Age: 20
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Posts: 53
Location: Mexico City
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:33 am   Re: Oxygene 7

1906 wrote:

Endings normally happen at the end. But as we all know, endings are just beginnings. You know, once these things really get started, it's jolly hard to stop them again.


Really makes you think.

shadow wrote:

Possible some bleed through from the magnetic tape in some way? Because it doesn't really sound like it should be there. But that's just me :P


1906 wrote:

It sounds like it has been recorded on analogue tape which has been stored on a shelf too long


That's probably it, since the "easter egg" isn't on the Oxygène Trilogy remaster.
 
Glco8284 

Age: 34
Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 207
Location: Rotterdam
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:40 am   

Its still there believe me.,not to loud anymore but it's there that's why I started this topic.
 
Velodynamic 


Age: 44
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 8123
Location: Sweden, far north
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:26 am   Re: Oxygene 7

Josue143803 wrote:
1906 wrote:

Endings normally happen at the end. But as we all know, endings are just beginnings. You know, once these things really get started, it's jolly hard to stop them again.


Really makes you think.

Amarok...whaa-haa-haa :mrgreen:
_________________
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
 
shadow 


Age: 28
Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 1638
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:56 pm   

Such a quirky piece of music and I love it! :nod:
_________________
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
 
Finaero 


Age: 31
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 5341
Location: Finland
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:02 am   

Glco8284 wrote:
Its still there believe me.,not to loud anymore but it's there that's why I started this topic.


Correct. Once again, after amplifying the volume in Audacity:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15991411/mp3/Bandwidth/box/O7X.flac

In fact, it's clearer in the 2016 CD version (for the vinyl versions you can't really hear it through the background hissing/vinyl noise) than in the 1997 one. And the 2016 CD version has an annoying hiss added on top of it all (only really audible after volume amplification, of course). :P
 
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Add this topic to your bookmarks
Printable version

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB modified by Przemo © 2003 phpBB Group
Template FIBlack modified by Falcone
Page generated in 0.21 second. SQL queries: 11