Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Another new album by Jean Michel Jarre

Post Posted Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:08 pm
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

shadow wrote:Could've also just make it a three disc edition.
That's more or less the definition of the word "overkill" ;)
Post Posted Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:33 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

Nah, that'd be if there were even more discs :nod:
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:53 am
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Except for Interior Music this must be Jarre's most repetitive album ever. :nod:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:45 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

shadow wrote:Could've also just make it a three disc edition. Would've been pretty cool having all the tracks instead of this. But still.
Radiophonie vol 7 is 4 discs, so that's not that unrealistic.
Post Posted Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:20 am
Dr_Jones

Still not received your copy of Radiophonie from Amazon or other retailers? That's because it is sold out from the record's distributor, Harmonia Mundi. Now Radio France (the copyright holder) is waiting for Jarre's agreement to press another 1000 copies. Info from said distributor.
Source: Glenn Folkvord
Post Posted Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:34 am
shadow

They only pressed 1000 copies? Well that seems like an odd decision. I understand it's not a full blown album and won't sell as one, but this seems needless low.
Post Posted Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:48 am
Jote

Dr_Jones wrote:
Still not received your copy of Radiophonie from Amazon or other retailers? That's because it is sold out from the record's distributor, Harmonia Mundi. Now Radio France (the copyright holder) is waiting for Jarre's agreement to press another 1000 copies. Info from said distributor.
Source: Glenn Folkvord
Amazon.de does not list it as "out of stock", guess I'll just order it and see what happens. I've given up on local distributors.
Post Posted Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:02 pm
Dr_Jones

shadow wrote:They only pressed 1000 copies? Well that seems like an odd decision. I understand it's not a full blown album and won't sell as one, but this seems needless low.
My thoughts exactly. The 1000 copies are what I deduced from Glenn's post. It's as much as Interior Music and the Electronica Deluxe Box.
Post Posted Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Dr_Jones

As Glenn says it: there were more than 1000 copies made (it's unknown how much), but they want to make another 1000 extra.
Post Posted Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:10 am
shadow

Got my copy today finally. Will listen to it now! :D

Edit: Out curiosity I checked the DR values. It's really nothing great sadly: http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/123211
Post Posted Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:59 am
Jote

"Currently unavailable" at amazon.de/amazon.fr (missed it by a couple of hours). Some sites still allow you to buy it (jpc.de - "1 or 2 weeks if available from supplier")
Post Posted Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:34 pm
The Sound-Oven

i used bol.com to get the CD. They might still have stock
Harjinder

JMJ fan since 1991

My new music album ''Urbanism'' is OUT NOW on iTunes & Amazon, published as Techtonic Frequency

Facebook: TechtonicFrequency

Instagram: Techtonic Frequency
Post Posted Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:27 pm
Jote

The Sound-Oven wrote:i used bol.com to get the CD. They might still have stock
Bol.com says 2-3 weeks... Hope we can get an update here when additional copies are pressed.

And when they are, what do you think would be the best bet to place an order? Amazon?
Post Posted Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:12 pm
The Sound-Oven

Whatever website can offer the CD quicker than just order it from there. Didn't Amazon.de have any stock left?

You could try eil.com but they might charge more

Hope you get it soon :)
Harjinder

JMJ fan since 1991

My new music album ''Urbanism'' is OUT NOW on iTunes & Amazon, published as Techtonic Frequency

Facebook: TechtonicFrequency

Instagram: Techtonic Frequency
Post Posted Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:07 pm
Jote

The Sound-Oven wrote:Whatever website can offer the CD quicker than just order it from there.
When it's an "import" it's not always reliable; some sites will claim 1-2 weeks, some will claim 2-3 weeks... But I guess it all boils down to which site will process the order first and order it from the distributor. There are for instance stores in Poland that claim "9 days" or "14 days" but I know for sure that they don't have it in stock and if I placed an order today they'd have to order it and then tell me "sorry, the distributor doesn't have it anymore". I definitely learned my lesson with the Oxygene Trilogy Box, and the lesson is "do not order any JMJ limited editions in Poland, 'cause you'll get screwed" :)
Didn't Amazon.de have any stock left?
Nope, they're out as of yesterday.
You could try eil.com but they might charge more

Hope you get it soon :)
eil.com doesn't even offer this release :)

For the time being I ended up ordering it from amazon.co.uk - it is "temporarily out of stock" but still allowed me to order ("Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information."). We'll see what happens.

The interesting thing is that when I ordered it yesterday it was 14.25 GBP, now it's at 12.46. There's also one "in stock" copy for 43 GBP, but I'm going to skip this one :)

• 2020 Zoolook.nl