BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Pet shop boys
Finaero 

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:10 pm   

http://petshopboys.co.uk/...4/brick-england

I'm actually rather pleasantly surprised that PSB still remembers Brick England. Neat video, too.

Finaero 

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:48 pm   

http://petshopboys.co.uk/...-04-04/reissues

Looks very much like we're getting "Further Listening" style special releases. ;)

Quote:
It is with great regret that Pet Shop Boys have to announce the cancellation of their re-scheduled L'Olympia show on June 5th 2017 because it has been brought to our attention that, under French law, certain integral parts of the show production, in particular the lasers, cannot be used indoors. France is the only country in the world that has this law and no other shows on the SUPER world tour are affected. Attempts to find a suitable outdoor venue in Paris have been fruitless.

Uh... what? Does PSB really use way more lasers than JMJ?

Christophe 

Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:37 pm   

Finaero wrote:
http://petshopboys.co.uk/pet-texts/2017-04-04/reissues

Looks very much like we're getting "Further Listening" style special releases. ;)

Quote:
It is with great regret that Pet Shop Boys have to announce the cancellation of their re-scheduled L'Olympia show on June 5th 2017 because it has been brought to our attention that, under French law, certain integral parts of the show production, in particular the lasers, cannot be used indoors. France is the only country in the world that has this law and no other shows on the SUPER world tour are affected. Attempts to find a suitable outdoor venue in Paris have been fruitless.

Uh... what? Does PSB really use way more lasers than JMJ?

Very ridiculous explanation from Neil and Chris. Jarre use a lot of lasers too and never got problems with that in France. :roll: :wink:

Greetings,

Christophe

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:19 am   

Christophe wrote:
Very ridiculous explanation from Neil and Chris. Jarre use a lot of lasers too and never got problems with that in France. :roll: :wink:

Guess who lives in France and who doesn't?

Finaero 

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:52 pm   

http://petshopboys.co.uk/...logue-1985-2012

Continuing the Further Listening series from 2001.

Even though a lot of those tracks have been easily available in the Format compilation album a few years back, there's still enough new stuff to keep me interested. Of course, I already own the 2001 Further Listening editions. ;)

That's how you make a release, Sony. Kraftwerk and PSB are getting it done right.

shadow 

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:24 pm   

Not sure how much of the Jarre re-releases is on Sony and how much on Jarre himself. But the lack of even a single bonus track on his re-releases is inexcusable. Well on top of the terrible remastering of course. Gotta give other artists such as PSB, Kraftwerk, Vangelis and Mike Oldfield a round of applause for that.

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:48 pm   

Quite some unreleased songs and demos this time. And also some things I've been looking for for ages (Don't Know What You Want extended mix!!!)

Looking forward to the Yes tracklists too. Let's hope that has the 4 "My Dad's A Birdman" songs they composed for a child's play.

Reply to topic