BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Unedited Waiting for Cousteau
Pat Gleeson 

Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:58 pm   

shadow wrote:
If I'm not mistaken it's just the CD release that edits the beginning and part of the later part together. I think I have the vinyl rip somewhere on my PC.

The vinyl / cassette version is a proper bespoke edit. I uploaded a vinyl rip to the (dead) database here a few years back ...
Europe in Concert - Wembley Stadium 1993
Oxygene Tour - Wembley Arena 1997
Theatre Marigny Paris 2007
Oxygene Tour - NCH Dublin 2008
2010 Tour - The 02 Dublin The 02 London (10-10-10)
Electronica Tour - 3Arena Dublin 2016

Finaero 

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:46 pm   

I've got a FLAC rip, if needed.

Synner 

Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:17 pm   

FLAC is good.

AERO62 

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:02 pm   

I've noticed something else i've never really cared to share because it's most likely my imagination, but has anyone actually heard words or voices sampled in the track? Could be that I have a trained ear for detecting speeches , but I hear "Hello", "No solution, no solution" and "Programmniy/problemniy otchet" (which is russian for - Program report or error/problem report).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH2UxxdXAfg - you can check it at this link. There's "Hello" or some other word at 22:41, and the rest at 26:12. It repeats randomly here and there.

Don't take this seriously though. I might be hearing things.

Also I've got some flacs from Vinyl , never had the cassette version though.

DJoA 

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:22 pm   Re: Unedited Waiting for Cousteau

AERO62 wrote:
I absolutely love this track. What a divine melody... but It's only 45 minutes :(
So It occured to me -what if there's a longer one?

So , can anyone shed some light on this and has anybody ever heard a version longer than 45-50 minutes?

Well, i've "made" (just mixed) Waiting for Cousteau for 3 hours? is that ok? :)

you can find it here: https://youtu.be/_1QTd4bxGUE

I hope you enjoy it, like i do ;)

I fly in the sky, I fly like a sputnik...

Gagarin

AERO62 

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:16 am   Re: Unedited Waiting for Cousteau

DJoA wrote:
AERO62 wrote:
I absolutely love this track. What a divine melody... but It's only 45 minutes :(
So It occured to me -what if there's a longer one?

So , can anyone shed some light on this and has anybody ever heard a version longer than 45-50 minutes?

Well, i've "made" (just mixed) Waiting for Cousteau for 3 hours? is that ok? :)

you can find it here: https://youtu.be/_1QTd4bxGUE

I hope you enjoy it, like i do ;)

Sorry pal, it's not okay. The whole point of this thread is to find the original unedited mix of the track. Not copy/paste the same piece to make it last infinite hours.

DJoA 

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:58 am   Re: Unedited Waiting for Cousteau

AERO62 wrote:

Sorry pal, it's not okay. The whole point of this thread is to find the original unedited mix of the track. Not copy/paste the same piece to make it last infinite hours.

No problem :) but do you really think it exists?

Gagarin

shadow 

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:04 pm   

We've heard pieces here and there over the years that don't seem to appear on either the CD or vinyl release, so we know that there's at least something more to it than the 47 minute version. The question is, is that actually part of a longer version, possible alternate version or just part that was edited out for various reasons.

Finaero 

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:25 am   

Quote:
Dr_Jones wrote:
shadow wrote:
Have these actually been 'released' regularly already or are people still being arses by keeping it for themself to look at them instead of actually, you know, listening to them?

The latter... Most of them has not been shared. The Gagarin remix and an unreleased Tout Est Bleu Phats & Small remix have been shared though.

Well, it doesn't surprise me that some people would hold on to stuff like that just because...

... but out of curiousity, do these hyper-exclusive rarities include anything nice from Paris La Defense? >.>

Not to be a pest (actually, it's far too late for me ;) ), Dr_Jones, but I'm not going to pursue this matter any further (i.e. asking people for copies or anything), just let me know (if you know)... do these special things that these people will never share include a possibly full-length high-quality unedited etc. recording of the Paris La Defense concert?

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:17 pm   

Finaero wrote:
Not to be a pest (actually, it's far too late for me ;) ), Dr_Jones, but I'm not going to pursue this matter any further (i.e. asking people for copies or anything), just let me know (if you know)... do these special things that these people will never share include a possibly full-length high-quality unedited etc. recording of the Paris La Defense concert?

Audio? Yes. Video? I have never heard about it. But I have seen a short video of Equinoxe 5 on some news channel.

Finaero 

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:39 pm   

Alrighty, thanks!

DJoA 

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:38 pm   

shadow wrote:
We've heard pieces here and there over the years that don't seem to appear on either the CD or vinyl release, so we know that there's at least something more to it than the 47 minute version. The question is, is that actually part of a longer version, possible alternate version or just part that was edited out for various reasons.

Well, there is one person who knows more about it.. JMJ himself... Why not ask him? Use Kanta, she is very "close" with him ;) :P

Gagarin

Reply to topic