BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Music for Supermarkets
Author Message
Finaero 


Age: 30
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 5309
Location: Finland
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:17 am   

Seems to be another edit in the vein of these two:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSonpOjlNVz/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQOIRbXBOTC/

They forgot to add the reflection on the "MFS" one, though. ;)
 
Kanta 
English Moderator & Miss News


Age: 47
Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 25341
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:36 am   

Jean Michel Jarre — Music for supermarkets. Story behind one-copy album



Source: https://medium.com/12edit/jean-michel-jarre-music-for-supermarkets-story-behind-one-copy-album-52df10c5d653
_________________
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
 
AERO62 

Joined: 31 Mar 2007
Posts: 366
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:52 am   

Kanta, I think it's pointless resurrecting the thread unless some new info/evidence/recording comes up.
 
jeanbatman 


Age: 41
Joined: 13 May 2007
Posts: 1491
Location: Lille, France
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:41 am   

Well, the article is well made!
_________________
Aerozone / Jarre-live.fr / Jarre-fan / JMjarre Fan (english)
http://www.twitter.com/webringJMJ_fr
 
Velodynamic 


Age: 43
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 8096
Location: Sweden, far north
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:47 am   

According to the article the master tapes were not burned. ;)
_________________
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
 
AERO62 

Joined: 31 Mar 2007
Posts: 366
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:27 am   

I think with the amount of VST plugings available these days, one could create almost identical replica of the whole album. The one made by Radek is a bit off, some of the sounds don't completely match.
 
Jote 


Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 715
Location: Lodz, Poland
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:46 pm   

AERO62 wrote:
I think with the amount of VST plugings available these days, one could create almost identical replica of the whole album.


Well, it's very hard to replicate something that the only copy is in such a poor quality:
1. no low and high frequencies
2. one channel only

A lot of guess work/artistic license is required.
_________________
airwolfthemes.com
 
AERO62 

Joined: 31 Mar 2007
Posts: 366
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:20 am   

Jote wrote:
AERO62 wrote:
I think with the amount of VST plugings available these days, one could create almost identical replica of the whole album.


Well, it's very hard to replicate something that the only copy is in such a poor quality:
1. no low and high frequencies
2. one channel only

A lot of guess work/artistic license is required.


Not if you could find the person at Radio Luxemburg who played the record and heard the stereo effects himself :twisted: The other half you can base off of Zoolook and Rendez vous tracks.
 
shadow 


Age: 27
Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 1626
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:26 am   

If you asked me how the panning on Oxygene was done I couldn't save my life by accurately describing it, and that's considering I've heard it over hundred times in the past few years. You think someone can still remember after nearly 35 years?

I'm still surprised that the person who owns it is unknown. From what I can understand the first and second resell is documented and known, but after that the tracking of the record/owner stopped and is now unknown/lost. A brand new digital rip would be amazing (or at least as good as can be for a single unique record that's 34 year old), the record would still keep the original value due to it being a literal one of a kind, but it would really great to hear it in the best possible quality. It would lose the mystical part that it has had over all these years, but I'd honestly take that.
_________________
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
 
AERO62 

Joined: 31 Mar 2007
Posts: 366
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:18 pm   

shadow wrote:
If you asked me how the panning on Oxygene was done I couldn't save my life by accurately describing it, and that's considering I've heard it over hundred times in the past few years. You think someone can still remember after nearly 35 years?

I'm still surprised that the person who owns it is unknown. From what I can understand the first and second resell is documented and known, but after that the tracking of the record/owner stopped and is now unknown/lost. A brand new digital rip would be amazing (or at least as good as can be for a single unique record that's 34 year old), the record would still keep the original value due to it being a literal one of a kind, but it would really great to hear it in the best possible quality. It would lose the mystical part that it has had over all these years, but I'd honestly take that.


I was wondering though, if sharing copyrighted material is a violation and the record is the only one existing, it would be beyond easy to track the person who shares it... And in theory, that person could be charged with piracy, no?
 
shadow 


Age: 27
Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 1626
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:11 pm   

On the one hand yes, on the other... Supposedly no one knows where it is at the moment so there's that. That and I honestly doubt Jarre would care about it being shared. The public airing of it was introduced with: "Piratez moi!."
_________________
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
 
Dr_Jones 


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 3690
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:58 pm   

Today, it's been 35 years since the album was released. Listening to it now, it's a fascinating album.
_________________
KHDownloads
 
shadow 


Age: 27
Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 1626
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:06 pm   

For a moment I hoped the bumb would result into something positive... You monster! :nod:
_________________
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
 
Dr_Jones 


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 3690
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:15 pm   

I'm sorry. I wished there was something to say about it, but alas.
_________________
KHDownloads
 
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Add this topic to your bookmarks
Printable version

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB modified by Przemo © 2003 phpBB Group
Template FIBlack modified by Falcone
Page generated in 0.13 second. SQL queries: 12