BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
#PlanetJarre
Dr_Jones 

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:58 pm   

NDR (German TV station) will have an item on the Planet Jarre presentation as a newsreport tonight at 19:30 CET
https://www.ndr.de/fernse...dung815766.html

A rerun is planned in the night and the morning of saturday the 14th.

Adam 

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:57 pm   

Finaero wrote:
Jote wrote:
Rendez-Vous 4 is the album version, no the tour version as the previews indicated.

Can someone who gets it tomorrow please confirm which version it is?

Uh oh.

I did pre-order it (the cheapest CD version) so there's a, hm, 12.5% chance I might already get it tomorrow... but eh, I guess we'll have to check the Spotify version first.

As per Dr Jones' post, I have just spoken to someone who has the 2CD digipak and it is indeed the tour version.

Oxynoxe 

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:35 pm   

Dr_Jones wrote:
NDR (German TV station) will have an item on the Planet Jarre presentation as a newsreport tonight at 19:30 CET

Direct Link to the Mediathek-Video: http://mediandr-a.akamaih...003-2100.hd.mp4 (available only 7 days).

A report by German Sat.1 regional: https://cdn.sat1regional.de/videodata/d2d937c6-895d-40e3-a0d2-95c8a1b2c830.mp4 .

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:33 pm   

oh nice! thanks. I'm going to record it myself from TV tonight, but it's always good to have a backup

Finaero 

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:28 am   

Quick first impressions: The Spotify version also has the Electronica Tour version of RV4, so that's good.

(Man, it really makes me wish the Houston-Lyon/PLD style solo was still around)

A shame that aside from the retouched tracks, the untouched ones just have cheap fade-ins and fade-outs going on in them.

So yeah, still hoping that the simplest CD edition will also have the retouched tracks (instead of RV4 being the standard album version and whatnot), since that's really enough for me for this one. :p

(Well, for me it's really worth for the new version Zoolookologie - considering it's one of my favorite JMJ tracks and this one's a far better version than the 2004 one... possibly overall even beyond the PLD version ;) )

RemarkableRadio 

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:32 am   

I listened to the whole album this morning.
I have to say that I fail to see the point of the mish-mash of tracks that are sometimes faded out half way. I also don't really get the point of these 4 collections.
Besides some different versions (I prefer the original Zoolookologie a hundred times over this version), there is not much news.
Except for the 2-3 tracks, we have all of them already either on the original album or on one of the many compilations that are pushed down our throats. Why not release new tracks on an EP or just as separate singles and stop re-releasing the same tracks over and over again.

Now, that new Equinoxe album that is coming out, THAT is exciting.
This, not so much.

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:14 am   

That Music For Supermarkets track is brilliant. It's almost a totally new track compared to the AM radio broadcast recording.

Kanta 
English Moderator & Miss News

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:32 am   

Music by Jean-Michel Jarre at the Planetarium

Hamburg Journal - 13.09.2018 Via NDR

50 years of electronic music with Jean-Michel Jarre. He was one of the first to make pop music with the synthesizer. The planetarium is running a show on his new best-of album.

Video: https://www.ndr.de/fernse...,hamj71986.html
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016

Jote 

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:12 am   

Dr_Jones wrote:
That Music For Supermarkets track is brilliant. It's almost a totally new track compared to the AM radio broadcast recording.

Which makes me want to moan about not giving us the very first MFS track instead of this even more

Jote 

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:59 pm   

Quick report on the downloads provided with vinyl/deluxe boxes: the download is a 3.3GB zip file. Contains 48kHz/24bit WAVs of the album (sadly they appear to be as loud as the CD) and 5.1 tracks in MP4 (Dolby Digital Plus) format. I'm yet to see how elaborate is the 5.1 mix. Oxygene 15, Oxygene 17, Circus, Switch on Leon seem to be (music-wise) the regular versions.

Finaero 

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:04 pm   

Actually got my copy of the CD today (first time in years - possibly ever - when I've pre-ordered something and actually received it on the release date).

I've got to say, cutting down Oxygene 20 could have left space for some other track in its place (well, technically cutting down Oxygene 1 would do the same, but... no, just no ;) )... and yeah, Last Rendez-Vous is the AERO version (with the saxophone solo still sounding weird due to the AERO "5.1" effects).

So... who wants to make an excursion to JMJ's archives to find a proper quality version of Music for Supermarkets Overture? ;)

Jote 

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:10 pm   

Image embedded in the 5.1 files:

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:45 pm   

One interesting thing I noticed in the booklet: Revolutions is credited as written by Jean-Michel Jarre and Kudsi Erguner.
And there's a "some instruments used" page which includes "scissors & sellotape"

Velodynamic 

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:08 pm   

Dr_Jones wrote:

And there's a "some instruments used" page which includes "scissors & sellotape"

The "Tape Loop" used in earlier works such as Erosmachine, Happiness Is A Sad Song, La Gage et.c. from the Paris Music Research Center era.

Jote 

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:08 am   

And in "Close your eyes" reportedly

Reply to topic