Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

More releases for september 14th

Post Posted Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:31 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

These are already available on Spotify. I guess I had never heard the Dadwater CD/Spotify version of Oxygene 8 before, because it really is horrible with a "flanger-like" deterioration in audio quality going on throughout the track (noticeable on the LP version as well, sure).

[EDIT] Come to think of it, there's something like that going on even in the 1997 LP version, but I guess it just sounds really blatant in the 2010s remasters.
Post Posted Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:01 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

There's an excessive amount of white noise on Oxygene 7 too.
Post Posted Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:19 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Dr_Jones wrote:There's an excessive amount of white noise on Oxygene 7 too.
ah-haa-haa ... 8)
Finaero wrote:These are already available on Spotify.
I've tried to compare the 2018 Spotify GOL with the GOL 2003 CD just by playing side by side and shifting input signal with my Marantz remote control.
The Spotify version sounds more narrow in channel separation and much thinner, even if I try some Dolby dynamic tricks with the signal.
Not sure if this is good or bad but as a listener I smile more with the old CD in my headphones.

Pretty much the same happens with the Metamorphoses album.
Can't imagine what they would be like as vinyl (half speed mastered) LP's.

The CD player is a Denon DVD/(dvd-audio/sacd/hdcd) CD-player from 2004.
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:40 pm
Dr_Jones

Velodynamic wrote:
ah-haa-haa ... 8)
I wasn't joking. I don't know what they did, but there's really a lot more white noise on the album.
Post Posted Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:16 pm
Velodynamic

Dr_Jones wrote:
Velodynamic wrote:
ah-haa-haa ... 8)
I wasn't joking. I don't know what they did, but there's really a lot more white noise on the album.
Oh ok then. I thought you were referring to the "wind effects" basically created from an EMS VCS3's variable white noises. :mrgreen:

For me there's a different story with the new Spotify release of Oxygene 7-13.
It sounds brighter and more treable'ish then my original CD. The old CD is more muffled and the new mix somehow open things up a bit.
Possibly the best version of 7-13 I've heard so far. :) The tiny *ticks* here and there are even more present now.

edit/ I just bought the 2018 CD version from Amazon. Lets hear what it's really all about. ;)
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:13 am
Jote

Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

Dr_Jones wrote:I wasn't joking. I don't know what they did
Boosted the trebles :>
but there's really a lot more white noise on the album.
Same as the trilogy 2016 release or worse? That one had clicks and pops in Oxygene 9 and some of the opening solo notes of Oxygene 7 were distorted.
wind effects" basically created from an EMS VCS3's variable white noises.
Joking aside, in Oxygene 6 (2016 for instance) they no longer sound like wind. They sound like white noise. Thanks to "precious ears".
Post Posted Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:08 pm
Velodynamic

Jote wrote: Same as the trilogy 2016 release or worse? That one had clicks and pops in Oxygene 9 and some of the opening solo notes of Oxygene 7 were distorted.
On Spotify they match each other perfectly and also with my CD from the Oxygene Trilogy box.
It's just a question if these music files have the same mixing as on the 2018 CD?
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:25 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

So the new releases of Geometry and Meta are both... Meh?
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 pm
Dr_Jones

Curious to know too. Also, if there's changes in the artwork for all three albums, except for the covers.
Post Posted Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:28 pm
lacobo

An other new thing about these releases is the fact that they are now downloadable in 24 bits / 48 Khz Hi-Res audio format for my (Sony) Hi-Res walkmans. Strangely enough the new Oxygene 7-13 is only available in CD quality.

B.
Post Posted Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:37 pm
shadow

Actual high resolution, or the high resolution they offered for Essentials & Rarities that cut the audio off from 44.1kHz :roll:
Post Posted Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:49 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

I still like the "Oxygene 10 playing at the beginning of Oxygene 7" unintentional easter egg... sort of gives it a "humane" touch (in the vein of that random phone ring in the middle of "Rock The Casbah", IIRC).
Post Posted Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:10 pm
lacobo

shadow wrote:Actual high resolution, or the high resolution they offered for Essentials & Rarities that cut the audio off from 44.1kHz :roll:
Well, if I put the brightness on the highest in Spectralayers there is something visible at the high end of the frequency spectrum. Not much, but there is some sound visible (picture shows the end of C'est La Vie)

B.
Post Posted Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:33 pm
Velodynamic

@locobo Man that looks horrible. :?
lacobo wrote:Strangely enough the new Oxygene 7-13 is only available in CD quality.
They're probably too lazy to make a new remaster. Go with the latest, change the graphics a bit and cash in the money. That's Sony.
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:19 pm
shadow

lacobo wrote:Well, if I put the brightness on the highest in Spectralayers there is something visible at the high end of the frequency spectrum. Not much, but there is some sound visible (picture shows the end of C'est La Vie)

B.
What the hell is that?! This looks terrible...

• 2020 Zoolook.nl