BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Equinoxe Infinity - 16 November 2018
Kanta 
English Moderator & Miss News

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:27 pm   

08/11/2018
Via Jean-Michel Jarre

Thanks so much to everyone who came and listened to the album in Brussels last night
#equinoxeinfinity

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp7rS-mlQEU/
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016

kubrick 

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:02 am   

toman wrote:
Oxynoxe wrote:
toman wrote:
Oxygene 3 bland ???

A bit, yes. Oxygene 19 is of course out of question, Oxygene 17 too. Oxygene 20 on the other hand makes depressive and the rest of the Album is so-so.

And the 4 yet known tracks of 'Equinoxe Infinity' are interesting, but nothing special ....

:shock: I really don't understand , Oxygene 20 is the best slow track he never did. I'm just agree with you for the so-so part 16 eventually. But I think that album still one of the best of his music. A so nice travel in the darkside of the oxygene world ( Oxygene 2 was the light and the first the perfect balance). But I respect your opinion. ;-)

Nope Oxygene 3 and also 7-13 was a hurry job, yo can hear this. There is no single track that can compete with the Original. Actualy the same with the "new Equinoxe". This is just a marketing business from the record company. Nothing to do with the originals from '76 and '78.

The real JMJ albums are from Oxygene till metamorphose. After that, it was/is crappy and silly.

Sorry fanclub....

Glco8284 

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:24 am   

kubrick wrote:
toman wrote:
Oxynoxe wrote:
toman wrote:
Oxygene 3 bland ???

A bit, yes. Oxygene 19 is of course out of question, Oxygene 17 too. Oxygene 20 on the other hand makes depressive and the rest of the Album is so-so.

And the 4 yet known tracks of 'Equinoxe Infinity' are interesting, but nothing special ....

:shock: I really don't understand , Oxygene 20 is the best slow track he never did. I'm just agree with you for the so-so part 16 eventually. But I think that album still one of the best of his music. A so nice travel in the darkside of the oxygene world ( Oxygene 2 was the light and the first the perfect balance). But I respect your opinion. ;-)

Nope Oxygene 3 and also 7-13 was a hurry job, yo can hear this. There is no single track that can compete with the Original. Actualy the same with the "new Equinoxe". This is just a marketing business from the record company. Nothing to do with the originals from '76 and '78.

The real JMJ albums are from Oxygene till metamorphose. After that, it was/is crappy and silly.

Sorry fanclub....

Not entirely true because listen to oxygene 1 and oxygene 9

Your hear similar things

Even in Equinoxe 1 and moment 1

And don’t forget oxygene 6 and oxygene 13

Oxynoxe 

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:30 am   

Edited.

Oxynoxe 

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:30 am   

Video of 'Infinity (Movement 6)' - https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=xFGVI0_UiNs .

jeanbatman 

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:52 am   

Jarreshair wrote:
No fan reviews of last night's event? Or at least word about the five tracks we haven't heard in full?

Elf (he is on this forum) did a review of the full album, it might be helpful: http://domino.elfworld.or...cfph1TrVOh67Cqo

Jote 

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:16 am   

30-second previews of ALL tracks available on amazon

https://www.amazon.de/Jea.../dp/B07H63Q3S7/

plate of chips 

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:18 am   

Finaero wrote:
Movement 6 ....Sounds like a late 90s dance track with a Zoolook-ish twist

Yep Zoolook-ish + Orient Express-ish.
Classic with a twist in fashion terms.

Made me smile. Lighthearted.

Remember kids :
In LIFE when choosing friends, girlfriends, Life Partner, work colleagues, study colleagues
ALWAYS look for a person light hearted , makes you smile.
Else life becomes depressing, a prison.

Domestos 

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:43 am   

plate of chips wrote:
Finaero wrote:
Movement 6 ....Sounds like a late 90s dance track with a Zoolook-ish twist

Yep Zoolook-ish + Orient Express-ish.
Classic with a twist in fashion terms.

Made me smile. Lighthearted.

Remember kids :
In LIFE when choosing friends, girlfriends, Life Partner, work colleagues, study colleagues
ALWAYS look for a person light hearted , makes you smile.
Else life becomes depressing, a prison.

I like the part around 2:00 in where it reminds me of Equinoxe 5. Other than that it's complete trash and sounds totally out of place.

The rest of those Amazon clips sound interesting though...

Domestos 

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:51 am   

Apologies if I missed this, but is 'The Opening' a little different to 'Coachella Opening'?

Oxynoxe 

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:10 am   

Domestos wrote:
Apologies if I missed this, but is 'The Opening' a little different to 'Coachella Opening'?

From the 'Track-by-Track' by JMJ - https://www.Facebook.com/...56789378834096/ :

"Actually, that led me to work on the live-version before I recorded the studio-version with a different approach. So, both pieces are related to each other, but they are not exactly the same. For the studio album I went back to my original idea ..."

Kanta 
English Moderator & Miss News

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:08 pm   

09/11/2018
Via Jean-Michel Jarre

This is INFINITY the very last track to be pre-released before EQUINOXE INFINITY will be released next Friday. With INFINITY I wanted to create a bridge, a connection with the first ‘Equinoxe' album with a piece of music that is rather joyful, just like 'Equinoxe Part 5' was. It’s easy to be dark, I always thought it is always more difficult to create joyful music which had a certain kind of hidden melancholy attached to it. Parts of the first 'Equinoxe' album were like that. When I worked on this piece of music, I was thinking about these timeless Watchers looking at us in a virtual reality environment, us trying to survive in a hectic VR game with no real beginning and no real end, trapped in a world of "infinity“
Listen to the track here: https://jean-michel-jarre.lnk.to/mvmnt_6
YouTube video: https://bit.ly/2QvN7Nd

Source: https://www.facebook.com/...?type=3&theater
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016

Jarreshair 

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:16 pm   

Listening to those 30 secs clips, The Opening is certainly different to the original version. I'm sure there is a bit of "Falling Down" in there.

The rest sounds interesting. Not sure about Movement 5, but that is the short track is it not?
The final track could be the Oxygene 20 of the album. I'm not sure what the fuss was about with that track, but if it is similar then that will please some people. I can even live with Movement 6, it's better than anything on T&T apart from Vintage, and better than Calypso 1 imo.

Going back to the Oxygene debate. There's nothing on the third album remotely as good as the best tracks on 7-13 imo, and there are at least a dozen better tracks on Electronica.

Elf's review text sounds more like an 8 or 9 then the 7 he gives but it's still a positive score, and I believe only the test of time can really reveal how a album stands up.

But to me this certainly is a big step up on the meh Oxygene 3. If it's in the 7-13 or Rendez-Vous class I will be very happy.

Velodynamic 

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:33 pm   

Leonardo Da Vinci never painted Mona Lisa twice for a reason.

Jarreshair 

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:41 pm   

Maybe he could have painted another with a smile, and called it Movement 6? :D

Reply to topic