Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Unedited Waiting for Cousteau

Post Posted Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:28 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

Curious if we'll ever het the entire thing, I really like the track.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:54 pm
AERO62

Likes given: 19
Likes received  : 53

1906 wrote:I've got a version of 59'52". It contains material not found on the album version.
Hi, could you please share it somewhere?
Post Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:09 pm
plate of chips

Likes received  : 21

Much appreciated Elf
Elf wrote: http://domino.elfworld.org/the-journey- ... p-playing/

From JmJ
"The original version of Waiting for Cousteau is 75 minutes,
but it’s only 47 on the album (22 minutes on the LP). And nothing in the piece is repeated, not one single moment.
So, every time you hear a *plink* on the piano, that’s your finger, actually hitting the key?
– Yes, exactly.

Whereas various listeners attached themselves to JmJ saying various interviews software responsible for WFC.

Whilst I always maintained there is No computer program in 1990 No AI in 2019 that could display depth profoundness piano WFC.

Why would JmJ many times say it was software ?

Simply because JmJ revealed his innermost profound self for the first time on record.
Therafter realising what he had done JmJ wanted to distract listeners from this.

Notice fluffy jolly Calypso 1 that we accept as JmJ "we know" balances WFC profoundness.
Post Posted Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:02 pm
AERO62

Too bad the interviewer made no effort to ask for a copy of the 75 original... Or maybe he did, but we'll never know.

P.S. What user named '1906' has mentioned is false. His 60 min file is just one of those sliced copy-paste edits that have been circulating through this thread.
Post Posted Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:58 pm
The Sound-Oven

A pity Francis fell out with JMJ and became unreasonable. I would still love to hear Experimental 2001 someday. And all of AOR. I guess Experimental 2001 would've sounded something like the Bourges Audio Brunch 2002 music (and it probably is some of that music I bet)

And WFC is one of my very fav tracks! I'd love to hear the full 75 mix :)
Harjinder

JMJ fan since 1991

My new music album ''Urbanism'' is OUT NOW on iTunes & Amazon, published as Techtonic Frequency

Facebook: TechtonicFrequency

Instagram: Techtonic Frequency
Post Posted Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:38 pm
Elf

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 3

AERO62 wrote:Too bad the interviewer made no effort to ask for a copy of the 75 original... Or maybe he did, but we'll never know.
What do you mean, you'll never know? Just ask. But no, I didn't ask for the full verison. Why would I?
-Elf-
http://www.elfworld.org/
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am"
Post Posted Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:26 pm
AERO62

Elf wrote:
AERO62 wrote:Too bad the interviewer made no effort to ask for a copy of the 75 original... Or maybe he did, but we'll never know.
What do you mean, you'll never know? Just ask. But no, I didn't ask for the full verison. Why would I?
Um, why wouldn't you? :|
Post Posted Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:41 pm
Elf

AERO62 wrote:
Elf wrote:
I should ask the artist for a copy so that I could spread it to fans? Why on Earth should Jarre do that? I would be rude of me to ask such a question.
-Elf-
Post Posted Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:57 pm
AERO62

Elf wrote:
AERO62 wrote:
Elf wrote: What do you mean, you'll never know? Just ask. But no, I didn't ask for the full verison. Why would I?
I should ask the artist for a copy so that I could spread it to fans? Why on Earth should Jarre do that? I would be rude of me to ask such a question.
Well in that case you could've asked if he planned to ever release it along with Experimental 2001, and hinted that he should release it as part of some kind of extras for fans ...
Post Posted Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:49 pm
Elf

AERO62 wrote:
Elf wrote:
AERO62 wrote: Um, why wouldn't you? :|
Well in that case you could've asked if he planned to ever release it along with Experimental 2001, and hinted that he should release it as part of some kind of extras for fans ...
Experimental 2001 isn't his to release. Dreyfus has the rights to it, just like they have for Sessions 2000 (which is the reason that one isn't on Spotify).

But I'll ask him about a release of WfC next time :-)
-Elf-
Post Posted Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:02 pm
Dr_Jones

Online Now
Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

I mailed Dreyfus about Experimental 2001, but i haven't gotten any reply :-/
Post Posted Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:21 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

They're either never going to release it, or release it when they can easily cash in on Jarre's name for whatever reason. Which is a shame, because I'd love to hear it.
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:21 am
Jote

Online Now
Likes given: 55
Likes received  : 68

shadow wrote:They're either never going to release it, or release it when they can easily cash in on Jarre's name for whatever reason. Which is a shame, because I'd love to hear it.
The former, i.e. never. The latter option is not realistic - I doubt anyone will ever consider this album an easy cash. Let's not forget why this album was never released - the reason is that the album was, pardon my French, "utter sh8" and it was delievered by JMJ only because he wanted to get out of the Sony/FDM relationship. I honestly doubt he (or whomever actually did it) put any effort into it, and even the album name is a clear indication of that (and was probably also a tongue-in-cheek justification of its alleged poor quality: "see, it's crap, because it's EXPERIMENTAL, get it?"). They will never release it, because they still make money selling GOOD JMJ albums and they most certainly will not want to jeopardize the "JMJ" brand. They didn't even want to release Sessions 2000 (and obviously since they kinda HAD to pick something they went with the "lesser evil" - i.e. S2K).
Post Posted Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:48 am
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

If Francis Dreyfus choice was S2k over Experimental 2001 (even if he hated both) as his last JMJ release I think the chances are overwhelming that E01 actually is one ugly duck.
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:12 am
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Still hoping for someone to accidentally discover the full unedited (and radio chatter free) recordings of PLD from the Europe 2 basements* or somesuch. ;)

(Or even Mike Mansfield's basement, maybe)

• 2020 Zoolook.nl