BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Jean-Michel Jarre by Michael Duguay (english version Bio)
Nico_Noyau 
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:59 pm   Jean-Michel Jarre by Michael Duguay (english version Bio)

Jean-Michel Jarre English Book
by Michael Duguay, translated in english by Nicolas Kern

Release march 2019

A tape recorder. It is this device that served as the first electronic instrument to Jean-Michel Jarre: « My grandfather had given me a tape recorder and with my rock band, I recorded guitar solos that I was reversing, organ parts that I was slowing down. » Passionate about sound, the young Jarre applied to the Musical Research Group in 1968: 200 candidates present themselves for 4 places. Jean-Michel Jarre passes the exam and joins the GRM, which is then the best school in the world concerning electro-acoustic music.
Trained by Pierre Henry and Pierre Schaeffer, Jean-Michel Jarre discovers an innovative approach to music at the time. Speaking of Pierre Henry, JMJ said: « He is the first, with Pierre Schaeffer, who said that the music was not only made of notes based on music theory, but sounds and that we could go out with a microphone and go record the sound of the rain, the sound of the wind, and make music out of it. »
On leaving the GRM, Jean-Michel Jarre becomes a composer, lyricist, arranger and producer. And then in 1976, in his apartment turned into a home studio, he composes a record of instrumental music that nobody wants: Oxygène. Producer Francis Dreyfus accepts to release the album and it's a revolution. Thanks to this record, « He [Jean-Michel] has made millions of people discover electronic music! » Moby

From Lyon to Equinoxe Infinity, discover the story of one of the pioneers of electronic music.

Launch price (18 € instead of 20 € at release)
Preorder at 18 € until January, 31st 2019, 2PM.

Your advantages:
- you pay less
- you receive the book at your place, directly sent by the printing company

Read more at https://www.coetquen.fr/p...glish-book.html

My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:04 pm   

This is a complete re-translation?

Nico_Noyau 
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:01 pm   

It has never been translated, as far as I'm aware, but indeed I translate everything from french, from scratch.

My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:09 am   

Nico_Noyau wrote:
It has never been translated, as far as I'm aware, but indeed I translate everything from french, from scratch.

There was a google-translated publication of the previous edition. It was quite horrible. Human-translation is always better. Machines are not learning for a long time.

Jote 

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:20 am   

Dr_Jones wrote:
Nico_Noyau wrote:

There was a google-translated publication of the previous edition. It was quite horrible. Human-translation is always better. Machines are not learning for a long time.

Oh, I disagree. Google's auto-translation has gotten "infinitely" better over the last couple of years. There was a Polish article about JMJ a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't believe how good the auto-translation to English was, bar a couple of idioms.

Reply to topic