BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Complete Industrial Revolution 1-2-3
matt222 

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:02 pm   

Thanks again my friend

The tacks you are hearing on my Soundcloud page are full stereo live mixes from the desk straight to 2 tracks in Reaper and straight to Soundcloud so no individual tracks to send

I have only just learned to switch a DAW on, never mind using it properly!

My monitors are Spirit Absolute Zero and my headphones are Sennheisser HD580

Armandox 

Anti-bot filter: armand
Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:03 pm   

The Spirit Absolute Zero are not bad nearfields at all. A bit older, but not bad at all. Mixing on headphones is a big nono btw :-)

I've heard about but never worked with Reaper. I've use many DAW's and programs, from budget Magix Music Maker, to Sony Acid Pro, FL Studio and Propellerheads Reason. But coming from a long time usage of Cubase (and later Nuendo) which I used for the largest part of my life and since it's Atari 1040ST inception, some years ago I switched to Ableton Live and never looked back. It's what JM and Stephane Gervais also use and it makes for quick and easy project-exchange aswell.
Armandox Facebook

Analog-Umph 

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:25 am   

@Armandox It's nice to read how you gently helped matt here. :D

@matt Don't worry about it mate. A spectrum analyzer, much (wasted :P ) time, and good ears are all the tools you need to nail the sounds when it comes to replicating the timbral quality of something/someone else.

matt222 

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:23 pm   

Thanks again Analogue Umph

I'd love to hear some of your music - do you have a Soundcloud page or similar?

I'm way behind on the art of creating a good mix - though I do enjoy the challenge of making a replica cover whenever I get the urge. The Revolutions covers came from the fact that I recently bought 2 D50's , 2 D550's and a PG1000. So I put together the arrangements to be able to play the pieces live in one shot

I would be very interested to hear some of your creations ( or covers ) to make a comparison to my mixes. You clearly have a good understanding of the subject and could be a benchmark of quality to refer to as I strive to improve

Armandox 

Anti-bot filter: armand
Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:57 am   

matt222 wrote:
I'm way behind on the art of creating a good mix - though I do enjoy the challenge of making a replica cover whenever I get the urge. The Revolutions covers came from the fact that I recently bought 2 D50's , 2 D550's and a PG1000. So I put together the arrangements to be able to play the pieces live in one shot

Buying and having the equipment gives you good bragging-rights, but doesn't automatically generate a good mix. Use your ears and EQ intelligently. Also... If you have all the equipment, KNOW your equipment! Know your room, monitoring-equipment and make it work in favour of you (you should never have to fight your equipment)... A/B against other tracks for reference, etc. Well... the obvious! ;-)
Armandox Facebook

Reply to topic