Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Persons and books speaking shortly of JMJ

Post Posted Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:25 pm
Nico_Noyau
Assistant Admin & Bootleg Expert

Here you can post all texts in which you see the name "Jarre" appearing, it is better to take all in one thread than to create a thread for each ;)

----------
url : url

extract :
Nous sommes admiratifs et fiers de la tradition musicale qui existe dans ce pays : gainsbourg, Space, Colombier, Sarde, Christophe, Polnareff, Lai, De Roubaix, Air, Ferré, Burgalat, André Popp, Delerue, Phoenix, Hardy, Jarre, Sheller, Tellier, on en passe et des meilleures, ça pète, non, comme liste ?

Traduction :
We are admirings and proud of the musical tradition which is existing un this country : gainsbourg, Space, Colombier, Sarde, Christophe, Polnareff, Lai, De Roubaix, Air, Ferré, Burgalat, André Popp, Delerue, Phoenix, Hardy, Jarre, Sheller, Tellier, and we forget many and better, il rules, no, as list ?

Review : It is short but it shows JMJ is not forgotten by all :D
Image Image
My music, webdev, photos, videos : www.nicolaskern.fr
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Teo&Tea showcase in Cannes [France] - 20/05/2007
Théâtre Marigny, Paris [France] - 15/12/2007
<2010> Marseille [France] - 20/03/2010
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Arènes de Nîmes – 14/07/2016
Post Posted Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:47 am
jarrekid

Bill Bailey did a song called "Jean-Michel Jarre Is A Fraud" after Docklands using just a sample of the phrase playing Oxygene 4.
Post Posted Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:00 am
Phil J.

From the ebay community boards, a thread about the seventies (note the typical ebay spelling of Michel!!) -

"OK, yes I was a fan of theirs as well, and Abba, and the Shadows.

And Sparks, Arrows, Roxy music, Mike Oldfield, Rick Wakeman, Jean Michelle Jarre, Meatloaf, Be Bop deluxe, brass construction etc..."
Post Posted Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:55 pm
Nico_Noyau

http://www.lesinrocks.com/DetailCritiqu ... eading2=11

But I don't understand what they are doing with C'est La Vie...
Image Image
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Post Posted Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:48 pm
Michael

Likes given: 1
Likes received  : 2

Arthur C. Clarke in "2010, Odyssey Two" (french version)
Post Posted Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:01 pm
Jarreraser

Just to clarify

I was expecting something really *new* from Jarre. Because he is an artist ahead of our time. He has been always visionary, futuristic, creative and superb. Listening Teo & Tea (Promo) I could not identify something really new ... these tracks remember me other electronic styles from other artists. I liked "Touched to Remember", and "Ok,Do it Fast" , "In the Mood for you", "Gossip", these musics have a good atmosphere. I guess there would be something like a surprise, maybe Jarre using 5.1 sound engineering plus something new ... maybe a new conception of art in sound.

But the only one which really reflects the universal and excellent Jarre melody is "Vintage". It some kind of music like others from Jarre where you don't need voices or lyrics to pass a message, the music speaks by itself.

That is my opinion.
Post Posted Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:01 pm
Jarreraser

Aphex Twin on Jarre from The Face Magazine :

http://xltronic.com/nostalgia/aphextwin ... 0071.shtml

Extract:

THE LOVE THAT DARE NOT SPEAK ITS NAME
<Me: I bet you're a closet fan of diminutive French synth clown Jean-Michel Jarre. It goes with dismantling computers when you were 11.
RDJ: (Laughs) He is so naff. I heard he's a fan of my music, though. I was going to offer to remix him if he agrees to let me use all that lush equipment he's got.
Me: I knew it!
RDJ: Actually, only the other day I emailed Sean from Autechre a 20-second chunk of 'Equinoxe VI' [from 1978's Equinoxe album]. The end bit. I was, like, 'Check out these spicy pitch bends'! (Looks suddenly mortified) Um...

:( :|
Post Posted Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:11 pm
Jarreraser

http://www.adrianbelew.net/biobelew/index.html

"1984
l Adrian finishes his stint with King Crimson.  Adrian records "Zoolook" with Jean-Michel Jarre and also produces The Elvis Brothers."
Post Posted Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:15 pm
Jarp2600

Jarreraser wrote:<Me: I bet you're a closet fan of diminutive French synth clown Jean-Michel Jarre. It goes with dismantling computers when you were 11.
RDJ: (Laughs) He is so naff. I heard he's a fan of my music, though. I was going to offer to remix him if he agrees to let me use all that lush equipment he's got.
RDJ: Actually, only the other day I emailed Sean from Autechre a 20-second chunk of 'Equinoxe VI' [from 1978's Equinoxe album]. The end bit. I was, like, 'Check out these spicy pitch bends'! (Looks suddenly mortified) Um...
:| Sounds a bit arrogant, IMO
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

My soundclick * Myspace

Audio Engineer at Fast Forward Studios
Post Posted Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:19 pm
Nico_Noyau

Jarp2600 wrote:
Jarreraser wrote:<Me: I bet you're a closet fan of diminutive French synth clown Jean-Michel Jarre. It goes with dismantling computers when you were 11.
:| Sounds a bit arrogant, IMO
What an ass hole :|
Image Image
Robert Dugenou

Attended :
Monaco - 01/07/2011
Post Posted Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:34 pm
Jarreraser

Not only arrogant, but also ignorant. The lack of respect for Jarre is really frustrating. And of all people, RDJ from Aphex Twin! I

think this is a very important thread started by the author, I take a great interest in what others have to say about Jarre (not that I neccessarily agree with others views on him)... it is interesting to hear what people have to say though. And it's always nice when he gets recognition for his massive contribution to Electronic Music, and even better when people cite him as inspiration.

Real shame from Aphex Twin though :(
Post Posted Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:37 pm
Jarreraser

*chucks Aphex Twin Selected Ambient Works CD in the bin*
Post Posted Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:28 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

I have no respect for such people talking like that about other persons, almost calling them pathetic and stupid.

Everybody has the right to an opinion and I respect that, but some people just don't use the brain sometimes.
Post Posted Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:19 am
Jarp2600

Jarreraser wrote:*chucks Aphex Twin Selected Ambient Works CD in the bin*
LOOL :mryellow:
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

My soundclick * Myspace

Audio Engineer at Fast Forward Studios
Post Posted Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:00 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

It's kinda useless to cling to such bad opinions.

I just read it and thought "Whatever." and moved on, can't give a rat's arse about something I can't agree with :P 8)

So... more persons and books speaking shortly of JMJ?

• 2020 Zoolook.nl