Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

" Conductor of the masses "

Post Posted Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:13 pm
LLGARCIA

GeeJee wrote:It's not optimistic, it's realistic. Stay tuned! ;)
I'm really glad to know. :wink:

Regards

LG
Post Posted Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:13 pm
Jon

Likes received  : 1

COTM are superb. I have these, from issue 3 upto 27. Im missing issues 1 & 2, but will get those in the near future to complete the set. Have the 2 printed binders also.
Post Posted Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:45 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

I recently got the Oxygene tour edition and the Paris 98 edition. The amount of background info is amazing. Things I didn't know, about the lightning designer of the Oxygene tour, interviews with people who work with him, every issue has an interview with JMJ, great pictures, etc.

Again, a damn shame they quit.
Post Posted Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:01 am
moviemaker

COTM was the best Jarre Fanzine hands-down! Amazing amount of info! I have every issue from No. 1 on up! :smoke:

I think some of the same people were behind the "Water For Life" Concert book.
Post Posted Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 pm
Phil J.

Scans of the magazine covers can be seen here CLICK along with several others I've come across.
Post Posted Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:52 pm
Rubberlips

My COTM collection was lost in a house move about ten years ago and I've been gutted ever since!

I keep hoping that someone will put up scans, especially of the interviews, as these will be extremely useful for the biography project I'm working on ;)

I think in many ways COTM has been the best link to JMJ and his work that any of us had (their coverage of EiC was excellent!). I know before COTM came along I used to be lucky I found out about Jarre related stuff - sometimes I would only discover a new album because I happened to see it in a shop but COTM kept me more informed. I would never have found out about CPLT '95 without it!

I always thought that JarreUK would be a direct replacement for COTM as I thought that many of the same people were involved. JarreUK looks to have started this with some of their features but it sadly stopped and now it's more of a news service with less behind the scenes stuff going on.

They do a great job at JarreUK but there's something missing - and COTM used to plug that hole!

Here's hoping GeeJee's website is as good as he says it will be! !
web: http://www.wix.com/carlpurkins/the-carl-purkins-website
email: carlpurkins@yahoo.com
blog: carlpurkins.blogspot.com

"I called the album 'Oxygene' because air is a necessity and I hope that, like air, my music is a basic need appreciated by everyone of all ages." - J M Jarre
Post Posted Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:54 pm
Phil J.

Phil J. wrote:Scans of the magazine covers can be seen here CLICK along with several others I've come across.
Just quoting this since rubberlips must have missed this post.....

Hang on, those ar just the covers... my bad...
Post Posted Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:14 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Rubberlips wrote:My COTM collection was lost in a house move about ten years ago and I've been gutted ever since!

I keep hoping that someone will put up scans, especially of the interviews, as these will be extremely useful for the biography project I'm working on ;)
I think they used to have the magazines up to number 10 online.
Post Posted Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:29 am
Jon

Likes received  : 1

Did you know, but that tagline "Conductor of the Masses" comes from one of Jarre's past times. Jarre is a huge fan of lightning strikes and attends many fan based meetings across France. Is has been seen many times with huge groups of spectators, standing in open grounds such as fields brandashing a metal pole while people look on. Hence the nickname "Conductor of the Masses".

:wink: :D
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:19 am
Phil J.

Rubberlips wrote:

!
I might be willing to undertake the task; but as it's going to be a very time consuming project i'd only do it if there's sufficient interest and support.
Post Posted Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:38 am
Rubberlips

Phil J. wrote:
Rubberlips wrote:

!
I might be willing to undertake the task; but as it's going to be a very time consuming project i'd only do it if there's sufficient interest and support.
I think I've already voiced my interest and support! Perhaps you could just do 'highlghts'... (in your opinion!).

Thanks!
web: http://www.wix.com/carlpurkins/the-carl-purkins-website
email: carlpurkins@yahoo.com
blog: carlpurkins.blogspot.com

"I called the album 'Oxygene' because air is a necessity and I hope that, like air, my music is a basic need appreciated by everyone of all ages." - J M Jarre
Post Posted Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 am
AERO62

Likes given: 19
Likes received  : 53

Could somebody scan Issue 4 please?

• 2020 Zoolook.nl