Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

What is the last thing you bought ?

Post Posted Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:39 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Yellow Magic Orchestra ‎– Solid State Survivor: Collector's Vinyl Edition

Image]

Pretty ingenious move to split one album into two (45 RPM) records to maintain pro audio quality. ;) The extra memorabilia is pretty cool as well.
Post Posted Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:59 am
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

CD: Kimono My House - Sparks
Dragon Quest 11 (PS4)
Post Posted Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:43 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2. 8)
Stumbled across a demo version with 200€ reduced price.

A snippet from the above mentioned LP: Angels & Demons - 503

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AquQt8tbHHq03FNtWt59tIgQwLI0
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:58 pm
Velodynamic

Found at the supermarket today ;
Vinyl LP Led Zeppelin IV (2014 reissue) - a tad flat sounding, thin bass. Good mid-range and stereo though.

Vinyl LP Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (2016 remaster). The sound on this is out of this world! Pressing is perfect, quiet parts are dead quiet. No sharp high notes anywhere and it is just nailing the music experience from stylus to speaker.
Probably the best/most realistic sounding LP I own atm. http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/137186
The black cover on the photo is just a plastic protection sleeve. The original cover is inside plus included a funny little post card.

Nostalgic feeling to buy vinyl records in cash like this again...over 25 years since last time. 8)

- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:31 pm
Velodynamic

Wouldn't hasitate to say that this is without doubt the best condition I have ever seen a vinyl album directly from the factory. No vinyl dust anywhere, not a single finger print anywhere, centrum stickers exactly in right position, pretty snug yet not too tight centrum holes for the turntable plattern, absolutely shining clean pure 180 gram completely flat vinyl discs with smooth edges held in plastic-paper sleeves. While playing the needle moves a tiny bit back and forth /in and out of the center though it can't be more then 1 millimeter or so. Nothing that affects the sound anyways. This should state a perfect example to Jean-Michel or other artists who really wants to release a serious "Top Of Art / Top Of The Line" vinyl album. The Label is called Dog Triumph licensed to Cooking Vinyl.
Last edited by Velodynamic on Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:44 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Oh yeah, if only JMJ got around to making proper vinyl releases like that ;)

Coincidentally, I tried selling a Röyksopp record on eBay, but due to indexing bugs it didn't appear in searches for a long time (still doesn't on eBay.de) so I had to increase the price to a ludicrous amount because it's only got about 10 views (getting 1 or 2 more every 2 days) and 1 watcher, so I didn't want the only watcher to snatch it for a price that would have earned me a profit of 10 cents :P

• 2020 Zoolook.nl