Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

English liner notes?

Post Posted Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:31 am
yawitz

Just joined, first-time poster...

Sorry if this has been covered before (I couldn't find it on these forums), but are there English translations available for the booklets in the French releases of Oxygene, Equinoxe, and Chants Magnetiques? I just recently purchased the remastered Dreyfus CD releases of these albums (replacing the vinyl I can no longer play), and the liner notes are in French.

Thanks,
Mitch
Post Posted Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:15 am
shadow

Likes received  : 35

You can always try Babelfish, it's not perfect but it works quite well :)
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:24 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

AFAIK the FDM catalog numbers (french releases) have booklets in French, the '97 Austrian (European) editions (EPC catalog numbers) have English liner notes. You just picked the wrong edition ;)
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:27 pm
yawitz

shadow wrote:You can always try Babelfish, it's not perfect but it works quite well :)
Thanks for the recommendation. Do you have a text version of the booklet to submit to one of the web translators? All I have is the printed booklet, and no means to scan and OCR it.

Thanks,
Mitch
Post Posted Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:29 pm
yawitz

GeeJee wrote:AFAIK the FDM catalog numbers (french releases) have booklets in French, the '97 Austrian (European) editions (EPC catalog numbers) have English liner notes. You just picked the wrong edition ;)
I purchased through Amazon, which was short on details about the differences between the various versions. I was mostly interested in getting the most recent versions to ensure they were remastered. The booklet language wasn't really mentioned in the product details.

Cheers,
Mitch
Post Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:37 pm
Analog-Umph

Likes given: 3
Likes received  : 1

The older version (original) sounds best :wink:
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:57 am
AnDrOiD

Well, my "Les Chants Magnetiques" (FDM 18108) got liner notes in both French and English. :robertdugenou: My FDM "Oxygene" and "Equinoxe" got English ones. :P
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl