Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Karl Bartos ( ex-Kraftwerk )

Post Posted Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:30 pm
jean-michel

Hello !

Do you like the musics about Karl Bartos ?
On 1993 , he have a band called " Elektric Music " with 2 singles issued " Crosstalk " and " Television " , but , on 2003 , Karl Bartos have issued a solo album CD called " Communication " , and I like very much this album , and you ???

Bye Bye ! :arrow: :lol:
Jean-Michel Jarre forever !
Post Posted Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:30 pm
(Unknown)
Foster parent to lost posts

Yes, I like his music. After all he is an Ex-Kraftwerkian. :mryellow:

He also released some material as Electric Music. Don't know why they used the c instead of the k, but the music was more guitar oriented.

And he's remixed music of other artists, like: Little Computer People (Anthony Rother), Flatz and Deine Lakaien, etc.
This user is not the original creator of this post, but was kind enough to adopt it. If you are or know the original poster, send Dr_Jones a PM here: https://zoolook.nl/forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=47
Post Posted Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:17 pm
(Unknown)
Foster parent to lost posts

I love Karl Bartos music :D I went to see him live in Göteborg in 2005. I also have three record signed by him, among them the luminous Neon Lights 12" :D
This user is not the original creator of this post, but was kind enough to adopt it. If you are or know the original poster, send Dr_Jones a PM here: https://zoolook.nl/forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=47
Post Posted Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:11 am
AnDrOiD

"Bartos' latest album, ”Communication”, came out in 2003. In 2008 he wrote on his website that he will not make any new records: ”People don't buy records anymore, and I cannot afford to work for free”. He has come back from that. At the moment Bartos works on three new albums: ”I'm working on tracks that I have already written in the past, from 1977 while I was in Kraftwerk, that have never been released. Besides that there will be a re-release of 'Esperanto', an album he did with Lothar Manteuffel in 1993 as Elektric Music which features Andy McCluskey (O.M.D.) and Emil Schult, designer of many Kraftwerk sleeves and temporary guitarist and lyricist of the band. And there will be a record with all new material."

:bravo:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:26 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Sounds good. I'll buy his music, no doubt. Communication was great.
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:01 pm
ILIAS

good news!

if he doesnt work for free as musician, i wonder what job he does for money :p ?
Post Posted Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:29 am
Dr_Jones

Online Now
Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Saw him 2 weeks ago, live in Leiden, my home town. Was great, lots of Kraftwerk songs and some Communication songs. Not much from Esperanto, sadly, love that album.
Post Posted Sat May 28, 2016 8:38 am
Hans_Best

Just digging out some old posts :D

On 22nd of November 2015 Karl Bartos played in 'Haus Leipzig' and I had the chance to join the concert. He played stuff from all his own records with focus on 'Off the Records' but also a Kraftwerk block, which was quite impressive.

While you get a perfect and unpersonal concert with Kraftwerk, you get an almost perfect but much more personel concert with Karl Bartos. He was so releaxed and had so much fun performing during his 90 minutes show.

He played the following tracks:

Nummern, Computerwelt, The Camera, Das Model, I’m The Massage, Reality, Trans Europa Express, Die Roboter, Atomium, Nachtfahrt, Musica Et Machina, Without A Trace Of Emotion, Liife, Computerliebe, Tour de France, Interview, 15 Minutes Of Fame, Neonlicht and TV as last track.

No concerts scheduled for now only a re release of his 'Communication' album, but no new tracks there.

Cheers,

Hans

• 2020 Zoolook.nl