BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Karl Bartos ( ex-Kraftwerk )
AnDrOiD 

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:11 am   

"Bartos' latest album, ”Communication”, came out in 2003. In 2008 he wrote on his website that he will not make any new records: ”People don't buy records anymore, and I cannot afford to work for free”. He has come back from that. At the moment Bartos works on three new albums: ”I'm working on tracks that I have already written in the past, from 1977 while I was in Kraftwerk, that have never been released. Besides that there will be a re-release of 'Esperanto', an album he did with Lothar Manteuffel in 1993 as Elektric Music which features Andy McCluskey (O.M.D.) and Emil Schult, designer of many Kraftwerk sleeves and temporary guitarist and lyricist of the band. And there will be a record with all new material."

:bravo:

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.

GeeJee 
The GUV'NOR

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:26 pm   

Sounds good. I'll buy his music, no doubt. Communication was great.

ILIAS 

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:01 pm   

good news!

if he doesnt work for free as musician, i wonder what job he does for money :p ?

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:29 am   

Saw him 2 weeks ago, live in Leiden, my home town. Was great, lots of Kraftwerk songs and some Communication songs. Not much from Esperanto, sadly, love that album.

Hans_Best 

Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:38 am   

Just digging out some old posts :D

On 22nd of November 2015 Karl Bartos played in 'Haus Leipzig' and I had the chance to join the concert. He played stuff from all his own records with focus on 'Off the Records' but also a Kraftwerk block, which was quite impressive.

While you get a perfect and unpersonal concert with Kraftwerk, you get an almost perfect but much more personel concert with Karl Bartos. He was so releaxed and had so much fun performing during his 90 minutes show.

He played the following tracks:

Nummern, Computerwelt, The Camera, Das Model, Im The Massage, Reality, Trans Europa Express, Die Roboter, Atomium, Nachtfahrt, Musica Et Machina, Without A Trace Of Emotion, Liife, Computerliebe, Tour de France, Interview, 15 Minutes Of Fame, Neonlicht and TV as last track.

No concerts scheduled for now only a re release of his 'Communication' album, but no new tracks there.

Cheers,

Hans

Reply to topic