Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Concorde concert (TV version)

Post Posted Thu May 10, 2007 10:57 pm
hiram33

Hello, I'm new in this forum. I'm fan since 1979 just because I saw La concorde. I wrote some articles in press before fanzine and web pages (juke box magazine and globe-trotter). I hope to write a book if my first book is published (maybe in july it's about Balavoine).
I have a site http://alnr.chez.tiscali.fr/toutjarre in french, english and spanish. I wrote an fanzine, globe-trotter (31 issues) and at this time I offered (no money) rarities of Jarre on audio and video. So the tape which you spoke about I copyed it many many times but it's me who have the original. The problem is a silence during 2 minutes (oxygene 5) and some pictures jumps.
Now I have a dvd recorder but I can't do the vhs better.
Il n'y aura jamais qu'une seule révolution - celle que les enfants portent dans leur tête
Post Posted Thu May 10, 2007 11:11 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

Nice to meet you ;) Welcome!
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Thu May 10, 2007 11:28 pm
CLUBMIX
Representative Admin, Discography Expert

hello hiram and welcome to this forum......

just some words about the sharing stuff: I also find it hard to believe that people ask you to not spread stuff they themselves share. BUT! I can completely accept that in case this happens, someone is sticking to the promise he / she gave. It's not about the material to be shared or not, it's about keeping a promise. When I married my wife some 7 years ago, I "promised" not to be after other women and I keep that promise, and am not breaking it because so many other people do it differently.... ;-)
Official Zoolook Partner
Post Posted Fri May 11, 2007 8:29 pm
Jarp2600

hiram33 wrote:Hello, I'm new in this forum. I'm fan since 1979 just because I saw La concorde. I wrote some articles in press before fanzine and web pages (juke box magazine and globe-trotter). I hope to write a book if my first book is published (maybe in july it's about Balavoine).
I have a site http://alnr.chez.tiscali.fr/toutjarre in french, english and spanish. I wrote an fanzine, globe-trotter (31 issues) and at this time I offered (no money) rarities of Jarre on audio and video. So the tape which you spoke about I copyed it many many times but it's me who have the original. The problem is a silence during 2 minutes (oxygene 5) and some pictures jumps.
Now I have a dvd recorder but I can't do the vhs better.
Welcome here! :D
Can you maybe share some of the articles you wrote about the concert? :)
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem"

My soundclick * Myspace

Audio Engineer at Fast Forward Studios
Post Posted Tue May 29, 2007 7:39 pm
hiram33

It's not possible to edit all than I wrote in my fanzine globe-trotter (300 pages) but if you are patient you will read my book
Il n'y aura jamais qu'une seule révolution - celle que les enfants portent dans leur tête
Post Posted Tue May 29, 2007 9:35 pm
melo

Likes received  : 1

Is your book release in english too ?
Ricardo Melo
Jarrefan-Brazil
www.jarrefan.com.br

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
Post Posted Tue May 29, 2007 10:09 pm
hiram33

my book isn't released, it will be in one year but in french (it's not a problem I think to traduce it with a little time if you want it)
Post Posted Wed May 30, 2007 10:32 am
Michael

Likes given: 1
Likes received  : 2

Now he is in this forum, i have to thanks Thierry (hiram). He provided the video of the concert that i uploaded to Nico's database.
Post Posted Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 am
hiram33

Merci Michael.
Post Posted Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:01 pm
AERO62

Likes given: 19
Likes received  : 53

I dowloaded 'new' version of concorde, And all i want to say is - without offence but i thought you (Michael or Hiram33?) will make the dvd version, instead you again encoded file by xvid with a bigger resolution and there's compression effect is still very noticeable.

I know theres kind a bad source and crashed vhs but why do you making it worse by such a strong compression? And sound compression 128 kbit isn't good either... Just i prefer original quality even if it's a very poor source.

Again, I don't wanna offend you and i know it is very rare material and i suppose to be happy but i was hoping you'll do the best you can, from that vhs.
Post Posted Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:00 pm
Enrique_Grove

hey AERO, you have the link to download this source of la concorde?
for years i try to find a dvd edit of the studio version!

thank's
Post Posted Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:53 pm
AERO62

I also notice one thing. As we all have seen tv version of la concorde, we know there're oxygene 5 track playing during this kind of images.

But if we'll watch "making the steamroller fly" there're the same images showing during Equinoxe 5.

How comes it? Which version is right?
Post Posted Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:39 pm
AERO62

I found one unknown version here http://www.dvds2trade.co.uk/rock.htm

JEAN MICHEL JARRE - Place de la concorde 1979 (45 Mins)

Enrique_Grove isn't it your site? Because the name in that mail is the same.
Anyway I sent a message to author. Maybe it's something new :roll: Although it's a little bit weird because the official version is 30 min long and the tv version is 54 min long.
Post Posted Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:27 pm
AERO62

Does anyone interested in this concert at all ? :(

Looks like the topic is dead.
Post Posted Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:59 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

:no:, the topic is not dead and it is an interesting read. 8) I am sure fans are reading it but they might not know the answers to your questions. :fine:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011