BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Looking for Jarre items
La Cage 

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:38 pm   Re: China Posters

I'm currently looking for the following items, but I guess some of them are MEGA rare and MEGA expensive :cry:

Black Bird (Italian 7"), Foggy Joe
Chronologie 6 (Hong Kong) CD single
Interior Music (CD)
The Superfly (7" from Angola)
The Superfly (7" from Mexico)
The Superfly (7" from Peru)
Popcorn (7" from Belgium)
Song for Tolerance (K7)
Les Granges Brulees (K7)
Les Granges Brulees (Canadian - Gamma - LP)
Les Granges Brulees (Japanese 7")
Les Granges Brulees (Canadian 7")
La Mia Legge (Italian LP)
Deserted Palace (LP)
Gallipoli (7" from Australia)
Moon Machine (flexidisc)
Oxygene (Dragger) (white LP)
Equinoxe (yellow) LP

GeeJee 
The GUV'NOR

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:00 pm   

Song for Tolerance K7 is almost impossible to find, but Interior Music does appear on eBay every now and then. Same goes for Chronologie 6 single. I didn't pay that much for that one... something like 10€ or so. Yes, I was lucky :D

shadow 

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:19 pm   

Chronologie 6 (Hong Kong) CD single apears sometimes on Ebay same goes for Interior Music... Never spotted it myself but I´d live to have it :pwned:
And I thought you already wned the Deserted Palace, or am I mistaking you for another one :P

La Cage 

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:26 pm   

shadow wrote:
Chronologie 6 (Hong Kong) CD single apears sometimes on Ebay same goes for Interior Music... Never spotted it myself but I´d live to have it :pwned:
And I thought you already wned the Deserted Palace, or am I mistaking you for another one :P

Yes, and no. I just have a bootleg LP, not the original thing. I had it made some time ago:

http://www.lacage.free.fr/dplpbootleg1.htm

shadow 

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:29 pm   

Aah so that´s how it is, I´m looking for it myself... Found one copy once but way out of my price reach :P
I´m also looking for the Une Alarme Qui Swingue red vinyl, I know it´s a illegal pressing, but I find the track on the back (or front, The Chronologie 4 one :P ) very nice :D

La Cage 

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:51 pm   

shadow wrote:
Aah so that´s how it is, I´m looking for it myself... Found one copy once but way out of my price reach :P

Indeed! Prices on ebay go up to 800-850 euros. That's insane! So, either you have lots of money or you're a lucky guy to find it somewhere else for a bargain :cry:

shadow 

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:58 pm   

I believe the father of one of my friends own's a copy, he was (still is) a fan of Jarre but doesn't have any space anymore and as I am a starting collector he wanted me to have a couple of his records, I already got Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Fields, Zig Zag Dance (Foggy Joe 7') and the 7' record of Les Granges Brulees. He told me that he had the La Cage and Deserted Palace records, but he sold the La Cage on Ebay and Deserted Palace he can't find anymore but he did note that he has not sold it yet :o
So I'm hoping for the best, but everytime I see his attic I Can't imagine why he can't find it :hypocrit:

La Cage 

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:07 pm   

shadow wrote:
...but everytime I see his attic I Can't imagine why he can't find it :hypocrit:

It wasn't me!!! Though I must confess I'd feel VERY tempted :twisted:

GeeJee 
The GUV'NOR

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:50 pm   

Some strange looking vinyl with really odd music on? Nah. :P

jerome 

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:39 pm   Re: China Posters

La Cage wrote:
I'm currently looking for the following items, but I guess some of them are MEGA rare and MEGA expensive :cry:

Why people are so interested in those cover versions? They are not from JMJ! Only Foggy Joe is.

shadow 

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:52 pm   

Most of us know, but there still based on the original :)

BTW is there a yellow version of Equinoxe :shock:

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:48 pm   Re: China Posters

jerome wrote:

Why people are so interested in those cover versions? They are not from JMJ! Only Foggy Joe is.

You have a point. I have no idea why the cover versions fill up half of the Rarities 2 CD. Heck, why not include all Oxygene 4, Equinoxe 4 covers too?

La Cage 

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:43 pm   Re: China Posters

jerome wrote:
La Cage wrote:

Well, I do know these are just covers, but collecting them is just for fun. There are also other Zig-Zag Dance versions which some fans collect (for example, played with an accordeon).

GeeJee 
The GUV'NOR

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:24 pm   Re: China Posters

La Cage wrote:
jerome wrote:
La Cage wrote:

Well, I do know these are just covers, but collecting them is just for fun. There are also other Zig-Zag Dance versions which some fans collect (for example, played with an accordeon).

Sounds like I can make big bucks farting ZigZag and press only one copy... I'll know you'll be after it :D

:punch:

Phil J. 

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:59 pm   

shadow wrote:
BTW is there a yellow version of Equinoxe :shock:

Yes there is. I've also seen a speckled black/yellow version. You're looking at mega-bucks for either of them. I always check junk shops, charity shops and car boot sales on the off chance that I might find one.

Reply to topic