BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
[spoiler] Marigny, 15th December concert
Jakob BC 
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:36 pm   

ralf wrote:
Why MemoryMoog working perfect when JMJ playing solo in Oxy 2 and broken few seconds later??

I guess you have the answer yourself...

Robi 

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:37 pm   

Jakob BC wrote:
ralf wrote:
Why MemoryMoog working perfect when JMJ playing solo in Oxy 2 and broken few seconds later??

I guess you have the answer yourself...

:lol: :wink:

Equinoxe 

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:17 pm   

ralf wrote:

Temperature fluctuations,the Memory Moogs were terribly unreliable instruments anyway,they suffered problems with Heat dissapation,they have one of the largest Heatsinks on the Back panel ever fitted to a synthesizer,A heatsink this size is usually fitted to amplifiers...so it just shows you the issues they had with trying to keep the Circuits at a steady temperature by removing the excess heat generated,add to that the Fluctutations of temperature throughout the Performance in the Theatre,recipe for a very Unstable Memory Moog..Something Jarre can do nothing about..as we can see.He would have been better to stop playing it ,then retune it after it had cooled slightly,trying to tune it whilst still playing is adding Electricity resistance to the circuits which generate the heat.

Jon 

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:56 pm   

ralf wrote:

That's life for ya !

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "

FabiettoCAT 

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:47 pm   

Equinoxe wrote:
[...]add to that the Fluctutations of temperature throughout the Performance in the Theatre,recipe for a very Unstable Memory Moog[...]

It's also our fault... Because we were in the front rows... We were very warm that night... :wink:

mathetes1963 

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:53 pm   

You know, I'll bet that Memorymoog was older than many of the people present in the theatre.... :wink:

"It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing."
-Duke Ellington, 1899-1974

Firecobra22 

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:51 am   

Jup

Robi 

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:10 pm   

Equinoxe5 wrote:
ralf wrote:

That's life for ya !

Playback is all around you! No other interest from you regarding JMJ and his activities... :wink: :?
We could be disappointed about every artist, since, for example, Mike Oldfield and Vangelis has played with the help of harddisc...

hiram33 

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:28 pm   

There was un unrealesed music in this concert before Oxygene 12. Do you know the title ?

Jon 

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:31 pm   

Robi wrote:
Equinoxe5 wrote:
ralf wrote:

That's life for ya !

Playback is all around you! No other interest from you regarding JMJ and his activities... :wink: :?

Who's that question for?.

If it's for me, I have heard recordings from those concerts and they don't sound like playback to me.

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "

Robi 

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:35 pm   

Equi, not for you of course!

Jakob BC 
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:57 pm   

hiram33 wrote:
There was un unrealesed music in this concert before Oxygene 12. Do you know the title ?

There was no real title for that. I have only seen it described as an intro for Oxygene 12.

Pat Gleeson 

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:34 pm   

Jakob BC wrote:
hiram33 wrote:

There was no real title for that. I have only seen it described as an intro for Oxygene 12.

That right, although some pople have called it 'Variation IV' which is unconfirmed as fact.

While we're on this subject does anyone know what title - if any - is given to the music played over the 3D Gallery images on the 3D DVD ? :D

Dominc 

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:14 am   

Pat Gleeson wrote:
Jakob BC wrote:
hiram33 wrote:

That right, although some pople have called it 'Variation IV' which is unconfirmed as fact.

While we're on this subject does anyone know what title - if any - is given to the music played over the 3D Gallery images on the 3D DVD ? :D

The Music played on the 3D gallery is the Prelude

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:35 am   

Dominc wrote:
The Music played on the 3D gallery is the Prelude

No, it's a totally different track of 1 and a half minute which loops for 4 minutes.

Reply to topic