BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Jarre at the Royal Albert Hall
Rubberlips 

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:22 pm   Jarre at the Royal Albert Hall

Hi all,

I thought I'd start a seperate thread on the Jarre at the Albert Hall rumour. As we know, Jarre has hinted that this concert may be happening at the end of March 2008. The Royal Albert Hall sent me the following today:

"At present, there are no confirmed dates for Jarre playing at the Royal Albert Hall. It is advisable, however, to keep an eye on the media and stay in touch with us from time to time for further information.

Ololade Ajala
Box Office Assistant
Royal Albert Hall"

Nothing official yet then. To be honest, I'd be surprised if it happened as there are only three months left. Not much time for publicity, tickets, etc.

"I called the album 'Oxygene' because air is a necessity and I hope that, like air, my music is a basic need appreciated by everyone of all ages." - J M Jarre
Last edited by Nico_Noyau on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Adam 

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:10 pm   

To be honest if he was going to play The Albert Hall,I didn;'t want it to be the end of March because I wouldn't have been able to go because of work.
Maybe if he is going to play in the UK again,it could be another venue.
Hall for Cornwall here in Truro would be nice !!!! :D :D

Kanta 
English Moderator & Miss News

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:12 pm   

I dunno, I think it might still go ahead. Just thinking about the 10 Théâtre Marigny concerts, the tickets were available in less than 2 months before the first actual concert took place. 8)
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Znith Arna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016

Equinoxe 

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:57 pm   

Just on the rumour front,depending on How you want to read that statement("At present") its Kind of confirming that Perhaps there has been some negotiations/Enquires on Jarre's behalf,they are not denying outright any contact or being approached by Jarre/Aero Management Usually any activity thats not true is presented as they were/are unaware of such Artist approaching them for bookings.("Keep an eye on the media" etc)would suggest they know of something in the wings being sorted,I've always found those sort of statements of no Knowledge to be reverse Psychology and merely a smoke screen because they're not at liberty to present such info as of yet.

I'll put money on it that once this promotional stuff(Sound on Sound and The oxygene freebie with the "mail" are out),they'll be some concert detailings.2 months may not seem like long to organise concert venues but you sure as hell will know that Jarre will need very little promotion or timescale to sell Tickets in the UK,I'd say they'll be sold out on the same day they go on sale,most of those will be snapped up by those of us on the Forums,who are already aware of such specualtion or rumoured news especially when its only a small Audience size in comparison to a grand scale concert like in the past.

Antigoon
[Deleted]

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:36 pm   

Quote:
I'm rather sceptical of the RAH for a venue,its far too big for the presentation of what he's doing with the current concept,I think it detracts from that Intimate approach.and it will not be the same for those who are towards the Rear of the venue,the RAH is rather large compared to the Theatre venues in Paris.

Ditto!

Although I wouldn't mind being wrong about this, the venue kinda has "prestige" ;-)

Abi 

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:43 am   

I would've thought that the O2 arena would have been a more obvious choice over the RAH... and more appropriate :D

moviemaker 

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:09 am   

Actually playing at the Royal Albert Hall would make for a great Jarre Oxygene Tour Live DVD release...and now he can release it on Blu-Ray as well! :P

Antigoon
[Deleted]

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:59 pm   

HD-DVD I hope....

http://216.70.103.199/for...t=1231&start=15

Jon 

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:19 pm   

RAH, O2 Arena, my garage, not bothered as long as he's playing on our little island again . . . . and soon.

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "

Dr_Jones 

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:02 pm   

Antigoon wrote:
HD-DVD I hope....

http://216.70.103.199/for...t=1231&start=15

Blu Ray, HD DVD has lost since yesterday.

littlesister 

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:23 pm   

Equinoxe5 wrote:
RAH, O2 Arena, my garage, not bothered as long as he's playing on our little island again . . . . and soon.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :nod: .. agree completely and utterly ... 8)
http://www.amnesty.org.uk

Adam 

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:13 pm   

RAH Comfirmed ??

From JarreUK

Jon 

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:27 pm   

Woohoo, fandabbadozy :mrgreen:

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "

Robi 

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:29 pm   

Hello friends,

If you read JARRE UK's Christmas Message on December 24th, I already alerted you to the Royal Albert Hall plans, which were well underway at the time of writing. This Concert, although not 100% confirmed as of today, should go ahead, and Jean Michel Jarre's Management have told me that meetings will take place this week in London to secure the Concert.

Fingers crossed...

http://www.jarreforum.com...15524#post15524

Jon 

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:36 pm   

Robi wrote:
Hello friends,

If you read JARRE UK's Christmas Message on December 24th, I already alerted you to the Royal Albert Hall plans, which were well underway at the time of writing. This Concert, although not 100% confirmed as of today, should go ahead, and Jean Michel Jarre's Management have told me that meetings will take place this week in London to secure the Concert.

Fingers crossed...

http://www.jarreforum.com...15524#post15524

Don't forget to quote 'Dunkie' as this message was actually from him :)

Reply to topic