Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Houston/Lyon car horn sample?

Post Posted Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:43 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

Watching some old LGR videos, I stumbled upon one about a bizarre game called "Ninja Nanny". In the game (and as seen in the YT video), there is an in-game video of stock footage with car horn sounds in the background:

But as soon as I heard that bit, I thought: "...isn't that from the Houston/Lyon live album?" (in the "Cities in Concert" version, it's in the end of Souvenir of China - the part with "the most amazing sight ever viewed by the human eye!" ;)).

The samples aren't completely identical (perhaps weirdly spliced between versions) except for the bit included as attachments, which comes very close ... to my ears, at any rate.

So I guess the car horns in the album might be stock sounds instead of something recorded during the night of the Houston concert, because I think in the VHS the "most amazing sight ever viewed" part is in a different "non-road" scene with no car horns in the background IIRC (if I really really remember correctly, it was just some random guy on the street instead of someone directly commenting on the concert?)
Attachments
lgr.mp3
(81.75 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
album.mp3
(94.61 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Post Posted Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:12 pm
Dr_Jones

Likes given: 194
Likes received  : 402

Interesting, it might be a stock sound effect. Have you asked the youtuber if he used a stock sample?
Post Posted Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:25 am
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

I think the sample is in the in-game video from the original software, might have to check archive.org at some point if they've got a copy

• 2020 Zoolook.nl