Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

A new server, a new environment. Updated and all.

As with every migration, some things might have been lost in translation (at least, that's my experience in software development). The main problem is logging in into the boards. These could be caused by several reasons:

- Your browser cache & cookies need to be cleared because we moved to a new server. If you get the error message whilst logging: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", you need to clear your cache & cookies. You can find a "Delete cookies" option at the bottom of this page.

- There is also a chance that your password is not correctly converted to the new system. This is a known bug with migrating the system. The only solution is to request a new password, there's a link on the form that will send an email to you to create a new password. If that fails, I can set a password for you, you can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Music for Supermarkets

Plenty of things have been released throughout the years: albums, books, tapes, DVDs, even watches and condoms! Discuss'em in here!

Moderator: L'equipe Zoolook

Livgivare

Music for Supermarkets

Post by Livgivare »

Tell us what you think about this album here.

Love Leelene
Cool sites look for Livgivare
www.ukcentral.co.uk
www.bookcrossing.com

I am mostly afk due to the fact that I have many exams and alot to read and study to get grades right now!
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Post by Jakob BC »

It's a shame that his album was never released, there are so many great tracks on this album. I like the way he tries to make some of the tracks sound like real supermarket muzak... part 2, 4 & 8.
I like part 7 of this album better than Diva from the zoolook album.
This album is like the transformation from Magnetic Fields into the Zoolook music style. The lead from part 1 sounds as a track that could on both Magnetic Fields and Zoolook.
Finaero

Post by Finaero »

I have to say I haven't listened to this album pretty much at all, most of the tracks are cool and all, but MFS1 really stands out for me. In fact, I think this is an album people should actually remake, yes, I'm talking to the replica masters now (they probably don't read the forum though) ;)

Yeah, MFS1 pretty much rocks them all, but MFS4 is quite cool too.

7.5/10
LeoDaV

Post by LeoDaV »

Finaero wrote:I have to say I haven't listened to this album pretty much at all, most of the tracks are cool and all, but MFS1 really stands out for me. In fact, I think this is an album people should actually remake, yes, I'm talking to the replica masters now (they probably don't read the forum though) ;)

Yeah, MFS1 pretty much rocks them all, but MFS4 is quite cool too.

7.5/10
We do read the forum :lol:
I take it you have part 2: MPS Partie 2 (unfinished)?

Part 1 is more difficult than one thinks it is...

The whole album is great!

J.
Christophe

Post by Christophe »

8) 8) 8) 8)
AnDrOiD

Post by AnDrOiD »

I love this album! :mrgreen:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Post by GeeJee »

You know, this kicks ass! I'm eagerly (and most likely for ever) awaiting a luxurious re-release... :D 9.5/10
Livgivare

Post by Livgivare »

Fun album to have, poor sound. The one who is the happy owner of the LP must laugh his ass off each night due to the fact that so many wants to have it. I still am not so sure about if it was destroyed or not, the original tape. Because what you hear is obvious on other albums later on.

Love Leelene
Cool sites look for Livgivare
www.ukcentral.co.uk
www.bookcrossing.com

I am mostly afk due to the fact that I have many exams and alot to read and study to get grades right now!
LeoDaV

Post by LeoDaV »

Leelene wrote:Fun album to have, poor sound. The one who is the happy owner of the LP must laugh his ass off each night due to the fact that so many wants to have it. I still am not so sure about if it was destroyed or not, the original tape. Because what you hear is obvious on other albums later on.

Love Leelene
The original mastering tape that was used to make the LP is destroyed. JMJ did not destroy other tapes he made ;) Listen to zoolook...
The pour sound is because it was only broadcasted once on AM-radio. Hence the bad quality and in those days the only medium you could record on was cassette tapes or 19" tapes if you had access to them. I own a 3rd generation copy it's as close as one can get.

J.
jarrekid

Post by jarrekid »

I NEED to hear this in good quality.
When I'm older, I'll buy the vinyl, record it, and share it on the internet with all of you, ok? :D
PMgep

Post by PMgep »

Part 1 are so great. But I do NOT want it re-released. I want it to be what it is. And also, I want to buy the LP :D
Heaven has a beer volcano
Big time

Post by Big time »

Great album!! :D
Rompipompi

Post by Rompipompi »

Too bad he used much of this material for the later albums Zoolook and Rendez-Vous, somehow it's not so exclusive anymore. If I was the guy who bough the original Supermarkets LP and later on find bits from this music on other original released albums, I would really feel screwed by Jarre. But as a Jarre-fan I'm happy he used these songs for the original released albums, because it would have been a waste of beautifull music.
Finaero

Post by Finaero »

LeoDaV wrote: We do read the forum :lol:
I take it you have part 2: MPS Partie 2 (unfinished)?
Good to know :)

Yes, I already had that one.
:wink:
AnDrOiD

Post by AnDrOiD »

Rompipompi wrote:If I was the guy who bough the original Supermarkets LP and later on find bits from this music on other original released albums, I would really feel screwed by Jarre.
Don't think so. He's still got the one and only copy of The album! It's the value and rareness of the package itself that counts, I think, not so much the music. For that matter I think it would be ok for Jarre to re-create the album and release it on CD.
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.