Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Music for Supermarkets

Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:00 pm
Livgivare

Tell us what you think about this album here.

Love Leelene
Cool sites look for Livgivare
www.ukcentral.co.uk
www.bookcrossing.com

I am mostly afk due to the fact that I have many exams and alot to read and study to get grades right now!
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:04 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

It's a shame that his album was never released, there are so many great tracks on this album. I like the way he tries to make some of the tracks sound like real supermarket muzak... part 2, 4 & 8.
I like part 7 of this album better than Diva from the zoolook album.
This album is like the transformation from Magnetic Fields into the Zoolook music style. The lead from part 1 sounds as a track that could on both Magnetic Fields and Zoolook.
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:04 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

I have to say I haven't listened to this album pretty much at all, most of the tracks are cool and all, but MFS1 really stands out for me. In fact, I think this is an album people should actually remake, yes, I'm talking to the replica masters now (they probably don't read the forum though) ;)

Yeah, MFS1 pretty much rocks them all, but MFS4 is quite cool too.

7.5/10
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:15 pm
LeoDaV

Finaero wrote:I have to say I haven't listened to this album pretty much at all, most of the tracks are cool and all, but MFS1 really stands out for me. In fact, I think this is an album people should actually remake, yes, I'm talking to the replica masters now (they probably don't read the forum though) ;)

Yeah, MFS1 pretty much rocks them all, but MFS4 is quite cool too.

7.5/10
We do read the forum :lol:
I take it you have part 2: MPS Partie 2 (unfinished)?

Part 1 is more difficult than one thinks it is...

The whole album is great!

J.
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:20 pm
Christophe

8) 8) 8) 8)
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:27 pm
AnDrOiD

I love this album! :mrgreen:
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.
Post Posted Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:07 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

You know, this kicks ass! I'm eagerly (and most likely for ever) awaiting a luxurious re-release... :D 9.5/10
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:10 am
Livgivare

Fun album to have, poor sound. The one who is the happy owner of the LP must laugh his ass off each night due to the fact that so many wants to have it. I still am not so sure about if it was destroyed or not, the original tape. Because what you hear is obvious on other albums later on.

Love Leelene
Cool sites look for Livgivare
www.ukcentral.co.uk
www.bookcrossing.com

I am mostly afk due to the fact that I have many exams and alot to read and study to get grades right now!
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:29 am
LeoDaV

Leelene wrote:Fun album to have, poor sound. The one who is the happy owner of the LP must laugh his ass off each night due to the fact that so many wants to have it. I still am not so sure about if it was destroyed or not, the original tape. Because what you hear is obvious on other albums later on.

Love Leelene
The original mastering tape that was used to make the LP is destroyed. JMJ did not destroy other tapes he made ;) Listen to zoolook...
The pour sound is because it was only broadcasted once on AM-radio. Hence the bad quality and in those days the only medium you could record on was cassette tapes or 19" tapes if you had access to them. I own a 3rd generation copy it's as close as one can get.

J.
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:25 am
jarrekid

I NEED to hear this in good quality.
When I'm older, I'll buy the vinyl, record it, and share it on the internet with all of you, ok? :D
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:08 am
PMgep

Part 1 are so great. But I do NOT want it re-released. I want it to be what it is. And also, I want to buy the LP :D
Heaven has a beer volcano
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:03 pm
Big time

Great album!! :D
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:42 pm
Rompipompi

Likes received  : 1

Too bad he used much of this material for the later albums Zoolook and Rendez-Vous, somehow it's not so exclusive anymore. If I was the guy who bough the original Supermarkets LP and later on find bits from this music on other original released albums, I would really feel screwed by Jarre. But as a Jarre-fan I'm happy he used these songs for the original released albums, because it would have been a waste of beautifull music.
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:45 pm
Finaero

Likes given: 186
Likes received  : 54

LeoDaV wrote: We do read the forum :lol:
I take it you have part 2: MPS Partie 2 (unfinished)?
Good to know :)

Yes, I already had that one.
:wink:
Post Posted Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:53 pm
AnDrOiD

Rompipompi wrote:If I was the guy who bough the original Supermarkets LP and later on find bits from this music on other original released albums, I would really feel screwed by Jarre.
Don't think so. He's still got the one and only copy of The album! It's the value and rareness of the package itself that counts, I think, not so much the music. For that matter I think it would be ok for Jarre to re-create the album and release it on CD.
SOUNDCLOUD
Rhythmus muss sein!

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.

• 2020 Zoolook.nl