Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Oxygene Sculpture

Post Posted Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:46 am
Delphia

Hello, saw a post in here some days ago about the Oxygene sculpture I have made, I just want to say its finished now and a video has been created, wich is on youtube at this link:
if anybody likes to see the finished result.

This is not meant to be a precise 3D "copy" of the Michel Granger painting, its just me taking up the challlenge of trying to make a sculpture inspired of the picture/painting.
Post Posted Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:25 am
Jon

Likes received  : 1

Delphia wrote:Hello, saw a post in here some days ago about the Oxygene sculpture I have made, I just want to say its finished now and a video has been created, wich is on youtube at this link:

This is not meant to be a precise 3D "copy" of the Michel Granger painting, its just me taking up the challlenge of trying to make a sculpture inspired of the picture/painting.
Firstly, welcome to the forum :D

That is the first time that I have seen someone sculpt one of the album covers, and you did a excellant job. It's been long overdue to see something like this.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:01 am
jarrekid

Welcome!

Wow, that's amazing! What is it made of?
Post Posted Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:06 am
CLUBMIX
Representative Admin, Discography Expert

Mr. Tung wrote:
Delphia wrote:Hello, saw a post in here some days ago about the Oxygene sculpture I have made, I just want to say its finished now and a video has been created, wich is on youtube at this link:

That is the first time that I have seen someone sculpt one of the album covers, and you did a excellant job. It's been long overdue to see something like this.

well, not exactly... there have been those "Chronologie" stones that were created back in 1993 or something... but still: WONDERFUL WORK! I was amazed already by looking at those pictures the other day...

Welcome to the forum and enjoy
Official Zoolook Partner
Post Posted Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:21 am
Jon

CLUBMIX wrote:
Mr. Tung wrote:

well, not exactly... there have been those "Chronologie" stones that were created back in 1993 or something... but still: WONDERFUL WORK! I was amazed already by looking at those pictures the other day...

Welcome to the forum and enjoy
Were those stones one-off's or mass produced?
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:51 am
Elisabeth

Hello Delphia!

Welcome! :D

....a really nice work you have done there! :P

Thank you for showing us! :fine:
Post Posted Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:00 pm
Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Likes given: 79
Likes received  : 311

Hello and :welcome: Delphia. :D

I saw your video yesterday as Abi posted it in the The Youtube / Google Video Thread here. I was impressed then and I'm still impressed. 8) :nod:
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
Théâtre Marigny, Paris - 2007
Symphony Hall, Birmingham - 2008
RAH, London - 2008
Wembley Arena, London - 2009
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
Zénith Aréna, Lille - 2010
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:03 pm
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Oh Welcome!

That's one nice sculpture you got there, m'dame! Respect! :D
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:54 pm
Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Indeed welcome to the forum! I really like the glue detail between the skull and the skin/earth.
Post Posted Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:58 pm
jp8000

hi!

you have done a wonderful job with the sculpture!
Master of copying other composers work.. subconsciously

My soundclick

Facebook

My youtube channel
Post Posted Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:23 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

That's some really neat stuff. Keep it real! :fine:
I woted. :wink:
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:40 pm
Delphia

Hi to all and thanks for all the nice words about my Sculpture, glad you like it.

The skull is build up in clay to start with, and then a sculpture glue called Paverpol, wich gets hard as stone and weather resistant when its dry, the globe is made of fabric covered with paverpol, wire build in to stabilize it, cardbord and more Paverpol on top. Then painted with acrylic paint

For those who are on Facebook I have pics of the whole making of with short explanations to the photos : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9287&id=697809173
and a 'making of' photo slideshow will be on youtube soon :)

Pics also on my website : http://www.delphis.dk/16974570

See you, Delphia
Post Posted Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:06 pm
Kanta

Nice to see the "Making of" in pics. 8) What materials did you use, please?
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010
TUI Arena, Hannover - 2011
Festival International de Carthage - 2013
Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham - 2016
Post Posted Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:24 pm
Delphia

Hi Kanta, thx, didnt you read the post with the links from yesterday ?? told about the matrials there, but its ok you get them here in a shorter version, skull made of clay and paverpol ( sculpture glue ) and globe made of fabric sucked in Paverpol, metal wire build in to stabilise it and cardboard.
Post Posted Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:44 pm
Kanta

Hi Delphia. :D Sorry, I was half asleep when I read your post. :oops: Hope you forgive me. Thanks for explaining, again.
Jarregirl YouTube
Concerts attended:
RAH, London - 2008
NIA, Birmingham - 2009
POP Bercy, Paris - 2010
NIA, Birmingham - 2010
O2 Arena, London - 2010