BlahBlahCafe Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  •   Album  •   Chat  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Canary Islands... and Brian May... doubts...
Robi 

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:58 am   

Still this project can goes ahead...?

Jon 

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:04 am   

With the lack of info on this project and baring in mind that Jarre is busy with his recent tour, its very hard to say if this show will go ahead or not. We can only go on what we read based on what ever sources come forward. Only time will tell.

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "

GeeJee 
The GUV'NOR

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:43 am   

Jon wrote:
:nod: they still can't spell his name right

in some languages it's a matter of grammar and not spelling...

GlennFolkvord 

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:12 pm   

Jarre has done more than one concert project in a single year before (Houston and Lyon 1986, tour and Moscow 1997) so two projects are possible this summer. However, since no new information has come from dr Israelian or Jarre, I really doubt Music for Stars will happen. Funding problems are part of the daily work for Jarre so we should not have more hope for this one than any of the other possible projects of the past.

GlennFolkvord 

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:22 am   

In Oslo two weeks ago, Jarre confirmed that the concert is not dead, just delayed indefinitely. He still has hopes, iow!

MiVo 

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:10 pm   

Quote:

Huge telescope opens in Spain's Canary Islands

(07-24) 12:38 PDT LA PALMA, Canary Islands (AP) --

One of the world's most powerful telescopes opened its shutters for the first time Friday to begin exploring faint light from distant parts of the universe. The Gran Telescopio Canarias, a euro130 million ($185 million) telescope featuring a 34-foot (10.4-meter) reflecting mirror, sits atop an extinct volcano. Its location above cloud cover takes advantage of the pristine skies in the Atlantic Ocean.

Planning for the telescope began in 1987 and has involved more than 1,000 people from 100 companies. It was inaugurated Friday by King Juan Carlos.

The observatory is located at 2,400 meters (7,870 feet) above sea-level where prevailing winds keep the atmosphere stable and transparent, the Canary Islands Astrophysics Institute said.

The institute, which runs the telescope, said it will capture the birth of stars, study characteristics of black holes and decipher some of the chemical components of the Big Bang.

The telescope is composed of 36 separate mirrors that began slowly focusing in July 2007 to eventually act as a single large reflecting surface that directs light onto a central camera point.

Among those who have done research at La Palma is Brian May, lead guitarist of rock group Queen, who studied there for part of his doctorate in astrophysics at the institute.

May, who published "BANG! The Complete History of the Universe" with astronomers Patrick Moore and Chris Lintott, composed a musical score for the telescope's inauguration.

Large reflecting telescopes began making major contributions to astronomical research when Edwin Hubble perfected the technique of capturing photographic exposures of space with the then-massive 200-inch mirror at Mount Palomar Observatory, in north San Diego County, California in Jan. 1949.

Source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...Fi082350D06.DTL

Robi 

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:12 pm   

So the concert was supposed to be done this date.

ILIAS 

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:31 pm   

closed topic unfortunately

Robi 

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:22 pm   

CANARY ISLANDS - SPAIN, TENERIFE
FRIDAY, 25th MARCH 2011 at MAGMA ARTS and CONGRESS HALL

Tangerine Dream has been invited by Prof. Dr. Garik Israelian (IAC), astrophysicist and representative of the STARMUS
Festival honoring the legendary Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin, who became the first man in space in April 1961. This ceremony
- covering conferences, exhibitions and concerts etc. - will be held in the extraordinary Magma Art & Congress Hall,
Tenerife, in the presence of internationally leading astronauts, scientists and well-known artists.
The Starmus Festival was initiated by the Canarian Institute for Astrophysics (IAC ) which hosts among others an
excellent Observatory with the important Gran Telescopio Canarias (GTC). It’s a pleasure for Tangerine Dream to present
their latest compositions in a real cosmological and scientific atmosphere.

:evil:

GeeJee 
The GUV'NOR

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:26 pm   

:loool:

Robi 

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:33 pm   

:lol: TD ... and Congres Hall. Well, OK.

GlennFolkvord 

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:22 pm   

Low budget solution when wanting an electronic music concert on the Canary Islands..... :-)

Elf 

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:26 am   

Seems like Jarre will be involved after all -> http://english.ruvr.ru/2010/12/03/36199908.html

melo 

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:48 pm   

There is a official web site:

http://www.starmus.com/

but this doen't list Jarre, just Tangerine Dream for a special concert and Brain May for conference.

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011

melo 

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:36 pm   

news from 03/Dez

This another site about Astronomy from Spain, told more: JARRE, BRIAN ENO and Peter Gabriel !!!

http://actualidad.rt.com/...ssue_17519.html

Attented concert:
Port Hercule, Monaco - 2011

Reply to topic