Warning: include(/nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/cache/board_config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php on line 250

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './cache/board_config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.29/share/pear') in /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php on line 250

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php:250) in /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 546

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php:250) in /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 547
:: View topic - UPDATED - Equinoxe 1-2-3-4 Covers
Warning ! cookie path is empty! Check in in the Admin Control Panel or set it in the PhpMyAdmin table: prefix_config - cookie_path row
 Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
UPDATED - Equinoxe 1-2-3-4 Covers
Beelooo

Posted:    UPDATED - Equinoxe 1-2-3-4 Covers [ !!! ]

Hi everyone,

I'm very glad to share with you my Full Face A Equinoxe Cover

I hope you like it.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome, come on guys !! ^^

Thanks !!

[URL=https://youtu.be/9FtqkDx1WOE]Equinoxe 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 Covers[/URL]

[color=olive]-----------------------------------
Stuff Used:
- Edirol PCR800
- Yamaha CS5
- EHX Small Stone V2
- MOTU Ultra Lite MK III
- Sonar X1
- VST Plug-ins
-----------------------------------[/color]

Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

Posted:     [ !!! ]

It's a good cover from what I heard from the preview. 8) Look forward to listening to the updated version. :D

Beelooo

[quote="Kanta"]It's a good cover from what I heard from the preview. 8) Look forward to listening to the updated version. :D[/quote]

Thanks Kanta ^^ You'r the first answering, so you win....my gratitude !!! :peacemaan:

I really like to have reaction, suggestions , advice of what everybody hear, because this is the first cover I publish .
Every cover i've made since 10 years are always stay at home, in my tape recorder or in my sequencer.

This is not a personal cover, more a "strict" cover if you know what i mean. No ? so just ask ^^

Beelooo

Hey guys, I need more comment about this cover please, if you have advices suggestions about the sounds used or anything else, it would be very helpful for me.

By the way, does anyone have good preset to make AKS VCS3 female choir for Reason (or just setting to make it from any synth ) ? I'm not satisfied about mine, and i have some difficulties to make it realistic.

Thanks a lot

Kanta

Kinda think they are all speechless. :punch:

Come on guys, don't be shy. :smoke: Take a listen and post your comments, please. :wink:

AnDrOiD

I'm not usually fond of replica's, but as it's purely made with Reason, I'll make an exception and reply. :P

It's very nicely done! :fine: Just goes to show how versatile Reason is! :nod: :peacemaan:

radek tymecki

Really nice :) Waitin for complete version

jp8000

It is a good excerpt

Beelooo

Post has been updated ! Enjoy !

Kanta

I did enjoy. A very nice version. Congrats and well done. 8)

Beelooo

Tx for the feedback Kanta

I Hope anyone else enjoy too ^^

Kanta

You're welcome, Beelooo. :D

The rest are sure missing out. :P

Jon

Sounding good :peacemaan:

Beelooo

I need advice about creating an eminent pluck sound, i did'nt really found good settings for it. I use a 4 band paralel compression to adjust the sound and scream 4, but i really need advice. Do you think the orbitone is on on the pluck sound ?

GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

[quote="Beelooo"]Do you think the orbitone is on on the pluck sound ?[/quote]

No, not at all.

It's not a complicated sound at all - just use a square wave and use 0 attack, a little bit of decay, 0 sustain and 0 release on the Amp Env.

Play with the decay to find the right setting. No resonance on the filter, just a little bit of cutoff. (adjust while you play to find the right setting).

When you found the right setting, go on from there and perhaps add a second oscillator with a little bit of detune (I don't think a 2nd osc is necessary, but you can always try).

(The orbitone is basically a chorus effect, which will double and the detune the sound to make it sound bigger than it actually is - very useful for strings, for example.)

What synth are you using?

Beelooo

I Use the Subtractor on Reason 4.0.
Bu t i can try using my Yamaha CS5 and double it, cause it's a monophonic synth...hmmmm maybe...
Thanks for the advice i'll try when i'm back at home.
I think my real big problem is the EQ, or compression.

GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

You don't need eq or compression at first - first get the sound right, then use eq and compression to make it sound right in the mix. I wouldn't use the CS15 if I were you - it's a bit inconvenient since it's monophonic. Just use the settings I told you in Reason. The only effect you need to use which I didn't mention is some delay, set at roughly 350ms on one of the channels (play with that setting a little to make it sound right). Just remember: it's NOT a complicated sound at all - so don't use too many ingredients. That's like preparing a simple Pain au Chocolat with 1000 unnecessary ingredients in it... :nod:

:wink2:

Beelooo

lol geejee ^^ :lol:

I actually use a combinaison of sawtooth an PW waveform detuned by a slight random LFO + Unisson effect. For the EQ i use the scream 4 tape simulator, wich adding a little compression

GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

That's really the wrong waveform to start with.
(you started your Pain au Chocolat with strawberries :smoke: )

To which parameter did you route the LFO?

Beelooo

The LFO 1 is set to random waveform, at mid speed, routed to OSC1 et 2 , to randomly detuned the pitch, with just a little amount ; i make this for simulate the VCO instability :roll:

If you listen well you'll hear some detuned variation, very very slight

matt222

I like that and for saying it was done inside a pc, it's pretty good.

I am afraid I can't advise you on how to improve anything as I know absolutely nothing about pc/software produced music. The only thing I did notice is the plucks which I thought were slightly out of time.

Also, the sequence is slightly different between left and right during some parts as I am sure you know. This helps to liven it up a bit.

GOOD WORK my friend.

Beelooo

[quote="matt222"]I like that and for saying it was done inside a pc, it's pretty good.

I am afraid I can't advise you on how to improve anything as I know absolutely nothing about pc/software produced music. The only thing I did notice is the plucks which I thought were slightly out of time.

Also, the sequence is slightly different between left and right during some parts as I am sure you know. This helps to liven it up a bit.

GOOD WORK my friend.[/quote]

Thanks Matt !!

Out of time lol !!! haha :nod: i know i know...snif sorry for the cheap sound ! I'll work on it, you can count on it !

For the ARP2600 sequence, yes i know that it's 2 different channel. I'v just "delayed" the left channel during the last part, after the "robot" part. But the volume is too low so you can't really hear it except if you're listening well or if you listen with headphones :?

Jarp2600

You won't need any compressor in Reason at all, unless you are doing house music. The only thing it does, is squeezing the peaks off your sound, you can easily change that manually in Reason, by editing the velocity or making some little adjustements in the amp-envelope.
Compressors can make things rather sound worse than better, especially if you don't know exactly what you are doing, and what effect the parameters will have on the sound.

Besides, the onboard compressor in Reason isn't actually the best sounding one I've heard. Rather the opposite, there's lots of better sounding (free) VST compressors around!

As for eq'ing, I won't say that you should not use it, but I strongly recommend you to fix as much as possible on the synthpatch itself. Try to reduce the amount of equalisation you use, and carefully listen if every adjustement you make is an improvement to the original sound...

Good luck!

Beelooo

ho sorry i did'nt notice you answer me Jarp, i didn't receive any mail !!

Thanks for the advices.

I uselly use 4 Band parallel compression with combinator patch, not using the simple compressor in reason, and finally the signal pass through tape and tube simulator in Sonar during mastering. I often use EQ, too much, but i now i have to work on the sound itself to avoid using it.

Beelooo

[color=brown]****LINK UPDATED !! *****[/color]

New version available for your pleasure ^^
Special Thanks to Analog-Umph for his good advices :peacemaan:

Changelog ^^ :

- New Mix EQ
- ARP 2600 sequence EQ change
- Add more presence to Eminent Strings
- NEW EMINENT PLUCK SOUND YEAAAAA !!!! damn its full of samples....sic... :pwned:
- Tape saturation on drums
- New reverb
- New Soprano sound using Yamaha CS5

:soon:

- Reduce the "small toned" eminent, maybe a new sound for it soon
- Reduce reverb on ARP 2600
- Work on bass
- Works on aks "drones" effect and noise effect on the last part
- "Humanize the robot part" (de-quantify it)
- Adding "electronic birds" at the end of the track :peacemaan:

As usual, Enjoy !

[ REPLY ]