Welcome to the new BlahBlahCafe!

Having trouble registering? You can contact us at the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

The last thing you watched on the television (or dvd)

Post Posted Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:20 pm
Velodynamic

Likes given: 2
Likes received  : 7

AnDrOiD wrote:
Velodynamic wrote:When will we ever discover action/fiction movies like those again? :roll:
You mean movies with confusing plot lines? :punch: :pwned:
Exactly. Something so totally groundbreaking that you really have to think outside the box to really understand. :P
"The worst thing in any form of art is to be betrayed by your own habits."
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:59 pm
tinmachine

Pulp Fiction. Randomly watching Tarantino movies, so deciding between Reservoir Dogs or True Romance next... Or maybe for a little Jarrelevance Kill Bill as it features Francis Dreyfus's daughter (who also had a relationship with Tarantino).
Post Posted Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:47 am
Velodynamic

VOD: "Gränsen" (the border) swedish WW II movie. :fine:
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:28 am
GeeJee
The GUV'NOR

Likes received  : 1

tinmachine wrote:Pulp Fiction. Randomly watching Tarantino movies, so deciding between Reservoir Dogs or True Romance next... Or maybe for a little Jarrelevance Kill Bill as it features Francis Dreyfus's daughter (who also had a relationship with Tarantino).
I watched Pulp Fiction too. Tried to find any resemblance with Teo&Tea as JMJ mentioned it, but I'm still trying :P
:mrgreen:
Post Posted Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:02 pm
shadow

Likes received  : 35

Never seen Pulp Fiction :punch:
27-11-10: Ahoy Rotterdam
22-11-16: Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam
Post Posted Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:37 pm
tinmachine

GeeJee wrote:
tinmachine wrote:Pulp Fiction. Randomly watching Tarantino movies, so deciding between Reservoir Dogs or True Romance next... Or maybe for a little Jarrelevance Kill Bill as it features Francis Dreyfus's daughter (who also had a relationship with Tarantino).
I watched Pulp Fiction too. Tried to find any resemblance with Teo&Tea as JMJ mentioned it, but I'm still trying :P
I never knew there was any resemblance to Teo & Tea - all I can think of is the Partners in Crime tracks. Great movie by the way - John Travolta's career highlight in my opinion- have loved it since it came out in the early 90's, each time I see it I try to rearrange each scene/story from the movie in my mind into the actual chronological order.
Post Posted Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:59 pm
Velodynamic

Jon wrote:Watched on blu-ray. OK, not much of a story line, but awesome FX and battle scenes. Had me hooked from start to finish. Was a better film than I had expected.

It was ok. The story was just the same old sh**t. :)
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE
Post Posted Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:41 pm
mathetes1963

Likes given: 3

Velodynamic wrote:
Jon wrote:Watched on blu-ray. OK, not much of a story line, but awesome FX and battle scenes. Had me hooked from start to finish. Was a better film than I had expected.

Honestly, after H.G. Wells' The War Of The Worlds (the BOOK, not the subsequent movies/series/re-re-re-makes), any "alien invasion" flick is a retread of the same story. Some retreads are better than others though! :wink:

Last watched:
Restaurant Impossible with Chef Robert Irvine on Food Network. Sort of a "G-Rated" version of Kitchen Nightmares.
"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul."
-Johann Sebastian Bach, 1685-1750

"It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing."
-Duke Ellington, 1899-1974
Post Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:48 pm
Jon

mathetes1963 wrote:
Velodynamic wrote:

Honestly, after H.G. Wells' The War Of The Worlds (the BOOK, not the subsequent movies/series/re-re-re-makes), any "alien invasion" flick is a retread of the same story. Some retreads are better than others though! :wink:

Last watched:
Restaurant Impossible with Chef Robert Irvine on Food Network. Sort of a "G-Rated" version of Kitchen Nightmares.
Well, the studio's should just stop p@ssing about and make a proper, authentic, period big budget adaptation of H.G.Wells The War of the Worlds.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:04 pm
mathetes1963

Watching the reading of 9/11 victims' names by loved ones on NY1HD. :cry:
"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul."

Post Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:07 pm
Analog-Umph

The Song of Bernadette (1943)

The Double Life of Veronique (1991)
Without faith nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.
Post Posted Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:51 pm
tinmachine

Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith.

As much as I love the original 3 movies, especially The Empire Strikes Back, having now watched all of the Star Wars movies in the past couple of weeks, I perhaps now controversially think that Revenge of the Sith is the best of the six movies.

Ian McDiarmid who plays Palpatine/Darth Sidious is the real star of this movie though in my opinion. :)
Post Posted Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:43 am
mathetes1963

Series premier of Terra Nova. The first two hours were enjoyable enough, it'll be interesting to see if the premise holds up week after week.

Post Posted Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:03 am
Jon

mathetes1963 wrote:Series premier of Terra Nova. The first two hours were enjoyable enough, it'll be interesting to see if the premise holds up week after week.
Damn, damn doubly damn. I can't believe I missed this. And I have Sky too. Hope the first ep is repeated here in the UK.
Jarre concerts attended - Destination Docklands 1988 - Paris La Defense 1990 - Europe In Concert 1993 (Manchester & London) - Oxygene Tour 1997 (Birmingham)

"A group of men and woman entered the laboratory one month ago to live in a smell free world. Body odour, sweaty arms pits and smelly feet are to create the energy to survive. A total mystery surrounds this experiment, and it's project code name: B.O and Smell'i "
Post Posted Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:30 am
Velodynamic

Melancholia
- JEAN MICHEL JARRE

• 2020 Zoolook.nl