Warning: include(/nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/cache/board_config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php on line 250

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './cache/board_config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.29/share/pear') in /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php on line 250

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php:250) in /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 546

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/common.php:250) in /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/119400/domains/zoolook.nl/html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 547
:: View topic - Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album)
Warning ! cookie path is empty! Check in in the Admin Control Panel or set it in the PhpMyAdmin table: prefix_config - cookie_path row
 Forum Index  
  •  FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •  Register  •   Log in  • 

Previous topic :: Next topic
Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album)
teddynash

Posted:    Electronica by Jean Michel Jarre (Album) [ !!! ]

i cant wait for the new studio album ! :D

Interview at the german website "Welt online", December 2009 :

... Er trägt eine dunkle Sonnenbrille und bittet um Verzeihung: Bis fünf Uhr in der Früh habe er noch im Studio an einem neuen Albumprojekt gefeilt, mit welchem er an seinen bis dato größten Erfolg, den Synthesizerklassiker "Oxygène", anzuknüpfen beabsichtigt.

goggle-translator:
... He (Jarre) wears dark sunglasses and asks for forgiveness: Up to five o clock in the morning he had filed yet in the studio on a new album project with which he intends to build on its greatest success to date, the synthesizer classic "Oxygène".

[URL=http://www.welt.de/kultur/article5529784/Die-Stille-zwischen-den-Noten-ist-das-Wichtigste.htm]link interview[/URL]

melo

Posted:     [ !!! ]

I'd like to see (or lisen) something like Chronologie. But, not a new chronologie. Modern and past in the same way.

Robi

Yes, I read that article.

jp8000

Equinoxe 3D :pwned: :punch:

teddynash

I would like to have Oxygene-Equinoxe-MagneticFields mix ! :-)

greetings
teddynash

teddynash

[quote="jp8000"]Equinoxe 3D :pwned: :punch:[/quote]

BTW:

[img]http://www.teddynash.de/jarre05.jpg[/img]

greetings
teddynash :D

Kanta
English Moderator & Miss News

I want the album to be whatever Jean Michel wants. This being unique with sounds no-one has ever heard in this lifetime, so far. The music will be a masterpiece in comparison to anything beyond imagination. :peacemaan:

Jon

[quote="Kanta"]This being unique with sounds no-one has ever heard in this lifetime[/quote]

Hard act to follow considering Jarre's nickname is "preset king" :wink: :mrgreen: :smoke:

Kanta

[quote="Jon"][quote="Kanta"]This being unique with sounds no-one has ever heard in this lifetime[/quote]

Hard act to follow considering Jarre's nickname is "preset king" :wink: :mrgreen: :smoke:[/quote]
Yep, we may have a few of those but mainly Jean Michel's composed music.

Listen to some of the new music [URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMIVb_SkygE]here[/URL], thanks to Dr Jones for uploading. Just beautiful.

:p:

Stereomatic

The track at the beginning is "Hollywood" by German band Cluster from the album Zuckerzeit (1974)

Velodynamic

[quote="Kanta"]I want the album to be whatever Jean Michel wants. This being unique with sounds no-one has ever heard in this lifetime, so far. The music will be a masterpiece in comparison to anything beyond imagination. :peacemaan:[/quote]

Well...somewhat in those terms I'd like to express it as well. :lol: :fine:
Just remember to produce such sounds you'll have to build a completely new instrument or record things no one has ever recorded before.
But who knows what Jean Michel is capable of, right? :wink:

ILIAS

new album / new sound / new instrument or whatever as far as it is anything NEW I am glad :P

Kanta

[quote="Velodynamic"][quote="Kanta"]I want the album to be whatever Jean Michel wants. This being unique with sounds no-one has ever heard in this lifetime, so far. The music will be a masterpiece in comparison to anything beyond imagination. :peacemaan:[/quote]

Well...somewhat in those terms I'd like to express it as well. :lol: :fine:[/quote]
Thanx you. :mrgreen:

For clarification, the new music teaser on Dr Jones's video is around about: 0:30 and 2:08. :fine:

The first one sounds like a Philip Glass track :-)

Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

Whatever that is, it sounds pretty cool and way different to Téo & Téa... quite what I always had in mind when JMJ talked about mixing old style with new :P

jarrepaul

It sounds good i want a masterpiece this time

Robi

Isn't it sounds like a new version of Oxygene 7 ?

jp8000

It sounded like oxygene 13 to me, but because he uses the same instruments on both oxygene's and in equinoxe, it gives a feel that there is a new oxygene or equinoxe on production

Kanta

Must be something wrong with me, I never compare JMJ's music with his previous music. :roll:

Santi Espejo

Nice!!! The return of the illusion. It sounds like an Oxygene 2.0 but better than Oxygene 7-13 in my ears...

Here more on that interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEgQcUEV-Bs

AnDrOiD

[quote="1906"]The first one sounds like a Philip Glass track :-)[/quote]

Hehe, just what I wrote in another thread before I read this one. :fine:

Santi Espejo

Mmm, i thought that Jarre didn´t like Glass... But, the sequence has an affair... however, i have liked more the second excerpt. Ableton Live together with old and modern synths... oh, my God, now i want new Jarre stuff....

I had lost the illusion on his new albums, in last times. But now... i want to know more on this music! :D

Velodynamic

[quote="Santi Espejo"]
Here more on that interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEgQcUEV-Bs[/quote]
Right before the end of that short "teaser" snippet, Kraftwerk's The Model popped up in my head. :shock:
I'm confident though that the final result will be completely different. :mrgreen:

Jon

This shot reminds me of the double Jarre shot from the 1977 video of Oxygene 4

[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/HorsellCommon/8788-1.jpg[/img]

Jakob BC
English Moderator, Studio/Stage Expert

[quote="Kanta"]Must be something wrong with me, I never compare JMJ's music with his previous music. :roll:[/quote]

I agree with you Kanta... new album - new music.

[ REPLY ]